The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » My latest research (shoves down throat)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My latest research (shoves down throat)
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Due to what Atma had to say and lack of anyone else's comments on my work I have decided to destroy my own research.

Have a nice day...

[ 11-05-2001: Message edited by: MK ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 02:22 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*bump!*
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bumping your own topics... how lame can you get?

- - - - -
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 06:19 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
err. why the heck did you do that??? lol, how long did it take you to figure all that out and you just deleated it?

*hopes he has a hard copy

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

jsha1
Farting Nudist
Member # 1859

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 06:35 PM      Profile for jsha1   Author's Homepage   Email jsha1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really, I would like to see that and might have something to say about it.

- - - - -
Signature :
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. NOTE: Excessively long and/or irritating signatures will be removed without notice. UBBCode Images not permitted.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 07:16 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks jsha1 & psykloak1 (I really appreciate it). Since atleast 2 people appreciate my work, I'll restore it:
--------------------------
Ok, here is what I've been working on. It is just information for all the nit picky out there who want their G/S Bots and battle simulators to be perfect. It is the order in which unusual damage is dealt. For example... if a Pokémon is asleep, has been inflicted by nightmare, and has been inflicted by curse, in what order does the damage go?
It goes like this.
*End of Players turn*
*It's hurt by Nightmare*
*It's hurt by Curse*

What I did was I studied the order in which Stadium deals this kind of damage. It took a while, but, I've finally got it and here it is... [Note, I only did post-attacking order, meaning, confusion and attract are not here since they occur before you have a chance to attack]

End of a Player's turn:

*Toxic/Poison/Burn
*Nightmare
*Curse

Once both players turns have ended and all the above stuff has already happened for the last attacking Pokémon.

*Future Sight
*Sandstorm
*Whirlpool/Bind/Clamp/FireSpin/Wrap
*Perish Count
*Leftovers

--------------
Ok, as most of you know, Sandstorm deals damage to Player 1 (1P) and then Player 2 (2P). Future Sight is a little different, as far as I can tell, if both players are due to be hit by Future Sight, it hits 2P first, then 1P (wonder if the programmers were having fun, I tried doing future sight with different speeds and such, and it always went with 2P getting hit first).

Perish Count goes 1P then 2P.
Leftovers goes 1P then 2P.

Phew, there ya go. I did this as said above on Stadium 2, and, it took a bit of work. Feel free to use my findings on your own G/S Bot or Battle Simulator or website, just give me, MK, credit for it. Thanks...

El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*hands over said credit*

- - - - -
For those of you whom are not connected with reality. I'm just trying to break the ice on the current hate issue. I'm not being really serious.

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 11:53 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, MK, that's great and genuinely useful research.

*Needs it for a pet project*

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
someone's got ta do it...

- - - - -
For those of you whom are not connected with reality. I'm just trying to break the ice on the current hate issue. I'm not being really serious.

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 11-06-2001 12:08 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hope that people don't mis-read the intentions behind what I'm saying, but isn't it easier to just look up this data in StadiumGS's coding? It actually lists out every move that's checked in battle, so you know by looking at the list the order of Sleeping, Confusion, Nightmare, Wrap, etc. in battle.

--Meowth346

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
isn't it easier to just look up this data in StadiumGS's coding?

well not really, im sure its easier for people who know how but thats really not general knowledge

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 12:42 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe if you have some fat N64 ROM decompiler...

That would be fun. Then I could modify the Perfect Dark code to support online play through a server through a beaf emulator.... then allow higher resolution, and mouse/keyboard support. (and a console)

Then maybe an in-game server browser, but lets get the basics first.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 01:15 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I understand what you're saying Meowth346, but, I don't resort ROM reading because I don't know how to read ROMs. So, I used conventional means.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad I did the research now

- - - - -
Cojiro: Damn! You're all too smart for my riddle's!
Fryguy: That's because we're RPGamer... not Pokémasters

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 05:52 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
Maybe if you have some fat N64 ROM decompiler...

That would be fun. Then I could modify the Perfect Dark code to support online play through a server through a beaf emulator.... then allow higher resolution, and mouse/keyboard support. (and a console)

Then maybe an in-game server browser, but lets get the basics first.

He's hopeful. Of course, then Nintendo and Rare would sue the hell out of you.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.