The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Which pokes can legally baton pass a sub?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Which pokes can legally baton pass a sub?
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 09:34 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People keep on muttering things about certain moves not being able to be learned in tandem with eachother. White Cat gives the example of Scyther w/ sub and baton pass on his pokedex.

Would someone explain to me why this is?

Is Mr. Mime the only pokemon that can legally know substitute and baton pass>?

Also- Would an eveelution with charm + baton pass + substitute be legal?

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 09:38 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I don't think it would be legal. You can't get all three at once, but you can get two at a time.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Farfetch'd
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 11:16 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
^^

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 11:25 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Farfetch'd can't baton pass a substitute legally.

You can only earn baton passing Farfetch'd through Stadium 2, and since it knows baton pass, it must be saved on a gold, silver, or crystal catridge. And, since it knows a G/S/C move, it can't be sent back to RBY to learn Substitute.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-04-2001 11:28 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Back to who can all baton pass a substitute legally. [Updated]

*Smeargle
*Mr. Mime
*Eevee
*Jolteon
*Vaporeon
*Flareon
*Umbreon
*Espeon

That's all of them. And, some of you will say that Smeargle can't legally learn Baton Pass, that was proven false. Smeargle can LEGALLY get Baton Pass or something.

EDIT: Applied what was said below

[ 11-06-2001: Message edited by: MK ]

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 12:01 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only thing that said Smeargle can't legally learn Baton Pass was Stadium2...

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-05-2001 12:08 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But I thought I heard something that said it was legal. Meowth346 is the one who orignally said his stadium didn't like that move, but, I think he maybe said later that it was only flashing because it was a new G/S move. (like all the other 100, mean look, aeroblast, perish song, etc...)

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Knef
Farting Nudist
Member # 2208

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 01:58 PM      Profile for Knef   Email Knef   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Venomoth and Nat cant pass a Sub, since they learn Baton Pass throu breeding, and Substitute is a RBY TM. Which means thet cant be on the same moveset.

- - - - -
-Knef

Igglybuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 1858

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 01:16 PM      Profile for Igglybuff     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
will you get the farfetch'd or will your farfetch'd just learn the baton pass?

- - - - -
To win is to not lose.
To lose is to not win.
The world is so simple...

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 07:41 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You are awarded with a brand new Farfetch'd that knows Baton Pass.

- - - - -
even my mother thinks i'm an idiot

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 11-08-2001 08:55 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You receive a level 5 Farfetch'd that knows Baton Pass.
It also has a Gold Berry attached.

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.