next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » n00b questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: n00b questions
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2001 06:10 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK I've been here for about a week and i got a few questions.
1) what are DVs?
2) how do you do the box trick?
3) what are curslax's moves?
4) what dose hidden power do and can you change its type?
5) can their be a perfect team, if so what is it? if not, what comes close?
6) I understand that moves like twave and curse and belly drum are actually good even though their not offensive but are moves like growl and tail wag good too?
7)dose any one live in the Boston area? (hehe )
8)people here freak out sometimes when other people say they use game shark, is it also bad to use game shark (or other game shark type of things) to change things like pokemon's nick names?
9) is their an easier way to get the pokerus, a legendary dogs, the ID contest, shiny pokemon and other random things in the game
10) what's better to have as an opener?
an electrode (w/ quick claw & explosion) that twaves and switches out, or a starmie with icebeam, thunder bolt?
11) if no one i battle knows about 00bers and their cheapness, should I not use my mewtwo even though they all use 00bers (one has 2 mewtwos and a mew :eek
12)if you where happy and you knew it, would you clap?

Hehe, well those are just a few that I could think of.

[edit]
fixed spelling. bah, i cant spell for shiz

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: psykloak1 ]

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2001 06:44 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, some of your questions are answered by the main site.

1) what are DVs?
Meowth can answer this

3) what are curslax's moves?
A snorlax that has curse basically, then double edge or body slam comes next, 3rd move is a filler, and rest or selfdestruct go into last place.

4) what dose hidden power do and can you change its type?
Hidden power is like a type move that a pokemon can't learn (eg Jolteon with an ice move). It is measured by DV's, and since DV's are permanent you need to catch a new pokemon to get a different DV.

5) can their be a perfect team, if so what is it? if not, what comes close?[/url]No, and how the hell should I know.

[b]8)people here freak out sometimes when other people say they use game shark, is it also bad to use game shark (or other game shark type of things) to change things like pokemon's nick names?
Its (sortof) bad because there are numberous stories about people complaining of games being erased.

9) is their an easier way to get the pokerus, a legendary dogs, the ID contest, shiny pokemon and other random things in the game
Not that I know of. You can breed for a shiny with a Ditto with a DV of 10 for defense and special.

10) what's better to have as an opener?
an electrode (w/ quick claw & explosion) that twaves and switches out, or a starmie with icebeam, thunder bolt?

For one thing having quick claw on the fastest pokemon in the game has no use. But I got to go with trode.

11) if no one i battle knows about 00bers and their cheapness, should I not use my mewtwo even though they all use 00bers (one has 2 mewtwos and a mew
You could, but I wouldn't. Show them you can still win without any legendaries.
*Remebers the time mantine beat curelax
Not legendary, but you get the idea.

The ones I didn't answer are on the site.

[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Cesar ]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 01:07 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2) how do you do the box trick?

When a Pokemon is level 100, you can increase its stats to its personal max by battling it against other pokes some more (like the E4) and putting it in your PC box, then taking it out. Remember, you Pokemon's personal max stats are governed by its DV's.

6) I understand that moves like twave and curse and belly drum are actually good even though their not offensive but are moves like growl and tail wag good too?

No. Unless they 1) increase essential stats (e.g. evade), 2) increase/decrease stats a lot (charm, screech, paralysis, agility, belly drum), or 3) increase multiple stats (curse, ancientpower), they generally aren't used. People use Screech and (occasionally) Charm, but not Growl or Tail Wag.

Oh, and FYI, the only real way to prove your Azurianship is through an Underused post.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.