First off, some of your questions are answered by the main site.
1) what are DVs?
Meowth can answer this
3) what are curslax's moves?
A snorlax that has curse basically, then double edge or body slam comes next, 3rd move is a filler, and rest or selfdestruct go into last place.
4) what dose hidden power do and can you change its type?
Hidden power is like a type move that a pokemon can't learn (eg Jolteon with an ice move). It is measured by DV's, and since DV's are permanent you need to catch a new pokemon to get a different DV.
5) can their be a perfect team, if so what is it? if not, what comes close?[/url]No, and how the hell should I know.
[b]8)people here freak out sometimes when other people say they use game shark, is it also bad to use game shark (or other game shark type of things) to change things like pokemon's nick names?
Its (sortof) bad because there are numberous stories about people complaining of games being erased.
9) is their an easier way to get the pokerus, a legendary dogs, the ID contest, shiny pokemon and other random things in the game
Not that I know of. You can breed for a shiny with a Ditto with a DV of 10 for defense and special.
10) what's better to have as an opener?
an electrode (w/ quick claw & explosion) that twaves and switches out, or a starmie with icebeam, thunder bolt?
For one thing having quick claw on the fastest pokemon in the game has no use. But I got to go with trode.
11) if no one i battle knows about 00bers and their cheapness, should I not use my mewtwo even though they all use 00bers (one has 2 mewtwos and a mew
You could, but I wouldn't. Show them you can still win without any legendaries.
*Remebers the time mantine beat curelax
Not legendary, but you get the idea.
The ones I didn't answer are on the site.
[ 10-19-2001: Message edited by: Cesar ]