The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » DV transfer ditto research (well.. kinda)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DV transfer ditto research (well.. kinda)
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2001 02:45 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know how much research has been done in this glitch, cheat or whatever you like too call it.

It's the classic "Catch Blue Ditto" trick (send red Gyarados to RBY, teach it mimic, battle Ditto, mimic transform, transform to Ditto and wait for Ditto to transform to Gyarados, then catch ditto, trade to gsc and watch it -it's a shiny!) which I have explored.

I wondered if you could change the DV's of *your* pokémon, instead of the Ditto. To test it, I had Gyarados, and a Mew with transform.

I battle Ditto w. Gyarados. When the transforming is done, and the Ditto now supposedly has Shiny DV's, I send in Mew. Mew used transform two times, then I exited the Battle. I boxed mew (if the DV's had changed, then, logically, the stats would also change when Mew was boxed), but no change. Traded it over to GSC, still no change -it remained un-shiny.

So... I still think works. I think that you can let Mew copy Ditto's DV's, but the effects end when the battle is finished. Or, if they remain, I probably did it wrong. I need your help to figure out how to do it. Imagine that you control Shiny Ditto, and that Mew is the pokémon you will make shiny, and then catch. I think it would work, though my very limited research proves otherwise. If it works, though, you could get any of the 151 originals (which learn mimic) as shinies. *If* it works.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2001 03:11 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ONe thing I ever asked myself was if you use a perfect Mew (max DV) to catch a perfect ditto (same way as shiny ditto with shiny gyarados). It would save some time breeding perfect pokémon.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-18-2001 04:50 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe there's still some convoluted sequence involving GSC's Trainer House that will allow us to change those crap DV's on "official" Mews...
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 10-18-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Having myself invented the trick and mucked around with every aspect of it, I can tell you that the DV transfer trick will only change the DVs of a wild ditto or in the case of a wild fearow or an illegitimate wild mew, it will force the pokemon to become ditto with the transferred DVs. And yes, if you happen to have a pokemon with F in defense and 7 or F special you can pass DVs to get the perfect breeding ditto.

- - - - -
http://giovanni.sourcecod.com/
A ridiculous amount of guides and Pokémon fanfiction inspired by Joseph Conrad and Aldous Huxley.

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 10-19-2001 12:25 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So you mean that if I use Transform against a mirror move Fearow, and then does the same things as with the blue ditto and catch it, the Spearow becomes a ditto? Too bad you can't change the DV's of your own pokémon too.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.