The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » The final mysteries

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The final mysteries
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2001 06:17 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, the following is stuff that is actually left that hasn't been answered for Gold/Silver/Crystal.

(A) "The Magikarp Formula" This is the formula that determines how big length wise a Magikarp is when caught and shown to the man who will talk to you inside the house at the lake of rage. Meowth346 knows the formula for the English version, but, it's somewhere on his computer and he doesn't know where. Poccil has some insight to how the formula does/may work...
http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/magikarp.shtml

(B) "Where the legendary beasts are and where the run to formula" Once again poccil has some insight, but, still, it's unclear...
http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/legendary.shtml

(C) "The relationship between Headbutt and the Trainer ID#" Ok, I originally thought this was still unclear, but, it's actually been solved... so, that's cool...
http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/headbutt.shtml

Thanks to all who came and read what I had to say

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2001 08:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One more mystery. Let's say Mew is holding a Focus Band. Is the following possible...

Mew used Explosion.
Mew held on with Focus Band.

Can focus band keep you alive possibly if you explode yourself? Thanks.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 10-08-2001 09:54 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
One more mystery. Let's say Mew is holding a Focus Band. Is the following possible...

Mew used Explosion.
Mew held on with Focus Band.

Can focus band keep you alive possibly if you explode yourself? Thanks.

No. I tested this today.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-08-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, that's too bad, thanks poccil for doin the research. I say it's too bad for a couple of reasons, one of them being that IF a Focus Band could save an explodee, then Explosion on Smeargle would be legal. It would be extremely hard to pull off, but it would work, here's how...

Have a friend mystery gift you with a Mew in his party. The Mew knows Explosion and Thief. Make sure this is a low level Mew.

You go into the Trainer House and fight the Mew. You send out a high level Smeargle who is holding a focus band.

MK sends out Smeargle
Nick sends out Mew
Smeargle uses Splash (nothing happens)
Mew uses Thief (oh no Focus Band was stolen)
Smeargle uses Splash
Mew uses Explosion (and Mew hangs on with Focus Band)
Smeargle uses Sketch (sketches Explosion)

So, since the Mew stole a focus band you brought in and survived Explosion would be legal on Smeargle.

But, since Focus Band can't save you from Explosion, this whole theory of mine goes down the toilet *flush*

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-11-2001 07:35 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poccil must have some bad luck w/ testing, because according to Meowth346, Focus Band CAN save an Exploder.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 10-11-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oporaca:
Poccil must have some bad luck w/ testing, because according to Meowth346, Focus Band CAN save an Exploder.

I don't think so. I'll test even harder this time, and post the results.

[edit] I guess I was right. After 75 tests, the Pokemon was never saved, even with Focus Band.

[ 10-11-2001: Message edited by: poccil ]

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 10-12-2001 01:24 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You sure that it was Meowth346 that said that focus band could save an exploder? That doesn't seem right to me because it was at Pokemon Forever that I learned that Focus Band couldn't save an exploder. And that was quite a few months ago, which makes me wonder why some people here didn't already know that. It was probably just a typo or something, I mean with so many different things to know anyone is bound to slip up every now and again, even the researchers like Meowth.

- - - - -
[blank]

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2001 09:15 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, so we know that focus band probably doesn't keep you from getting killed from explosion, but what about Endure?

[edit]
and what abou if you use Endure and the are hit wih a OHKO or use or are hit by perish song etc.?

[ 10-16-2001: Message edited by: psykloak1 ]

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2001 09:40 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Endure will not, because it goes first, and only prevents your opponent's attack from fainting you. This applies to Detect and Protect, and also to Perish Song as well as Explosion.

- - - - -
From what we've learned, it seems like you'd prefer girls dressed in ant costumes or something... -Kazuki (Regarding tl;dr)

Owner of the Power Advantage DBZ RPG
(www.poweradvantage.net)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 10-16-2001 02:54 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Endure vs OHKO = 1 hp left.

I did it once against a swinub.

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was the testing on PokeSta 2 or GB?

*privately takes note that the rate of HP decrease after Explosion is faster than normal on PokeSta 2, meaning it probably isn't normal damage, and instead the game takes over and KO's it specially, bypassing damage*

*checks GB*

*decrease is also different from normal damage*

*guesses that they changed it especially so Focus Band wouldn't work with it, instead of dealing set damage to a Pokemon equal to its current HP, which would allow for Focus Band to work*

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 04:08 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I spoke to Meowth346 about these final mysteries and stuff, and, he told me to remind him about them in January. I guess he's really busy or somethin. Anyway, I'll do that, when January rolls around I'll ask him and I'll post the results.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.