The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Help with the stat points formula needed!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with the stat points formula needed!
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 02:38 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've gotten to the Stat Exp formula in my calc program, and it's giving me quite a headache.

This is the formula from Marcus Majarra's site:

SE = 64(50 x SP ÷ Level)2 - 16(50 x SP ÷ Level) + 2

It's supposed to calculate how many Stat Exp points (SE) I need to gain in order to grow a specific number of stat points (SP).

When I enter L100 and stat points 63.99999... (which is the maximum number of stat points one can gain at L100, or so I've read), I get a SE value of 3530.

That's strange, since according to the same guide, the maximum amount of Stat Exp is somewhere around 65000.

So, what am I doing wrong? I get an answer only about 1/20 of what it's supposed to be.

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 09-27-2001 09:30 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you multiply by 2 instead of squaring the first term? I got roughly 65,026 from that formula (roughly, because I used 64 instead of 63.99999).

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 09-28-2001 05:47 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now it works. Thanks!

How was I going to know that 2 was supposed to be a ^2? I'm sure there's some way to write that in HTML...

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 10-01-2001 01:19 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it would be interesting to see what formula the game actually uses to determine the points to add for stat exp. it couldn't use (200*sp^2)-(sp*level)=level^2*(se-2)/800, which is about as simple as it can be worked out without converting any of the variables to a real number. it would have to work two separate formulae and use the difference. well, i think it would be interesting.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2001 06:26 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there any chance it's something stupid like a bit rotation or somethin like that? Maybe we should look at the numbers and try squaring them, dividing them by each other, etc... and see if we find a number that stands out that might indicate what the formula is based on.
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-02-2001 09:09 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's a quadratic equation, in the form of ax˛+bx+c. In this case, a=64, b= -16, c=2, and x=50s/l, where l is the level and s is the stat points.

I tried fooling around with it, and got this formula, but it probably doesn't work:

Stat Points = Level * (2 + square root of(2 * Stat Experience - 7)) / 800.

Unnervingly, it doesn't work at all when the stat experience is below 4.

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Jaybee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1781

posted 10-02-2001 09:24 PM      Profile for Jaybee   Email Jaybee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by oporaca:

Stat Points = Level * (2 + square root of(2 * Stat Experience - 7)) / 800.

Unnervingly, it doesn't work at all when the stat experience is below 4.

Thats because you can't have a root of a negative, unless you start using i and other imaginarys. But that would mean it wouldn't work when its lower than 3. Hm.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 10-03-2001 06:53 AM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The foprmula I use is the following:

Stat Pts = int((A*(1+SQRT(B-1)))/400)

A = Pokémon's current level.
B = Pokémon's current Stat Exp.

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 02:26 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This formula was posted here a while back by Necrosaro. He said that he personally worked it out by reversing the Stat Exp. Formula.

Here it is:

P=(L*((16+(SQRT(256*E-512)))/128)/50)

where P is the extra points you will gain, L is your Level, and E is the amount of Stat Experience you have.

Hope this helps someone.

- - - - -
When life gives you lemons...

Throw them back!!!

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.