The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Toxic/Leech Seed Glitch???

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toxic/Leech Seed Glitch???
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 06:55 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just heard someone mention it in a RMT topic, what does the glitch do?

- - - - -
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

G33kazoid
Farting Nudist
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 07:31 AM      Profile for G33kazoid   Email G33kazoid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ransu:
I just heard someone mention it in a RMT topic, what does the glitch do?

Toxic/Leech Seed glitch causes Leech Seed to become more powerful each turn if it is used with Toxic.
Unfortunately, if the Toxiced Pokémon is switched away and the Toxic goes back to normal PSN status, Leech Seed will not grow in damage either. Bummer.

- - - - -
"Saying that luck is cheap is like walking into Vegas and screaming your head off about how there isn't enough skill in roulette."
-cfalcon
"People use clauses to cover everything their playing ability can't."- Mu
"When I want to feel smart, I read TPM.
When I want to feel stupid, I read AH."-Thom Burr

From: In front of my computer | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 09:11 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
REALLY!?!?!?!?! Damn that is tight

- - - - -
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 12:29 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I thought so too when I first heard about it, but it's not that great. If you're playing against an inexperienced player, yes, but if he accidentally switches away, his pokémon will be normally poisoned, but leech seed won't do double damage. That he's poisoned means you can't sleep, paralyse, freeze or re-toxic them again.

Bummer indeed.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 01:02 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it does work on the GSC games because Meowth 346 mentions it in his attack dex.

And as anyone who's anyone will tell you, Meowth346 is never wrong.

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 08:05 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I believe Cat Gonk told me about a mistake Meowth did once.

I also contend the status of 'glitch' since if it was a glitch, why does it still persist?

- - - - -
żµ?

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
G33kazoid
Farting Nudist
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
posted 09-10-2001 08:23 PM      Profile for G33kazoid   Email G33kazoid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mu:
Actually, I believe Cat Gonk told me about a mistake Meowth did once.

I also contend the status of 'glitch' since if it was a glitch, why does it still persist?

MissingNo is a glitch, and it still hasn't been weeded out of the newer Red and Blue cartdriges....

- - - - -
"Saying that luck is cheap is like walking into Vegas and screaming your head off about how there isn't enough skill in roulette."
-cfalcon

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 09-10-2001 09:46 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nya, that's a mistake on my page. That should be on teh RGBY AttackDex (which isn't online), not the GSC one. I'll have ot try to remember to edit that out, as it doens't work on GSC.

--Meowth346

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2001 03:32 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
Nya, that's a mistake on my page. That should be on teh RGBY AttackDex (which isn't online), not the GSC one. I'll have ot try to remember to edit that out, as it doens't work on GSC.

--Meowth346

*GASP*

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 09-11-2001 04:40 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gasp about what? Did I miss something?

--Meowth346

G33kazoid
Farting Nudist
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2001 07:42 AM      Profile for G33kazoid   Email G33kazoid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:

--Meowth346

WTF!?!? Meowth346 actually got something wrong!?

- - - - -
-cfalcon

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 09-11-2001 11:34 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You people make it sound like I can't make mistakes. I accidently misread a hex value or accidently mistype something, and you make it sound as it that's impossible. Weird.

--Meowth346

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-11-2001 12:23 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth346 is incapable of error! AHHH! Get out you ####ing imposter!@@!#!!@@!
daj
unregistered

posted 09-11-2001 02:07 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vermouwth is just being modest, you know the saying:

"The truly great, do not boast"

I believe it,

IP: Logged
DarkeonEXE
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2195

Member Rated:
posted 09-13-2001 08:38 AM      Profile for DarkeonEXE   Author's Homepage   Email DarkeonEXE   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always wondered about the leech seed, I just never got around to trying it myself. Now I know the truth behind the moves.

- - - - -
Darkeon
"The Dark Sun has risen...

From: The shadows of the night... | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.