The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Critical Hits? Status effects? Answers?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Critical Hits? Status effects? Answers?
G33kazoid
Farting Nudist
Member # 2158

Member Rated:
posted 09-09-2001 09:05 PM      Profile for G33kazoid   Email G33kazoid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hello. I was just wondering, does getting a critical hit increase the chances of causing a status effect? If this is not true, then what if the CH is induced by Focus Energy? On PBS, every time my Vaporeon uses Focus Energy and then Ice Beam, he seems to get a CH and freeze. All feedback appreciated.

- - - - -
"Saying that luck is cheap is like walking into Vegas and screaming your head off about how there isn't enough skill in roulette."
-cfalcon
"People use clauses to cover everything their playing ability can't."- Mu
"When I want to feel smart, I read TPM.
When I want to feel stupid, I read AH."-Thom Burr

From: In front of my computer | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 09-09-2001 09:39 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Definitely not.

Critical Hits and status effects are two different parts of the Attack Process. Critical Hits are handled before status effects according to this process.

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.