The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Substitute+Mega Drain...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Substitute+Mega Drain...
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 09:41 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On Stadium, I noticed Sabrina's Exeggutor trying to Mega Drain my Hypno's sub. It missed every time! Is it because the game was not programed take HP from the sub, and restore it to yourself? I don't know if this has been found already, but I thought it was kinda neat.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dragon079
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1807

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 11:27 PM      Profile for Dragon079     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I never had that happen, but on the PBS I sent out exeggutor against a subbing rhydon and I mega drained and it gave me almost full life and broke rhydons sub. So on the PBS you can take HP from the sub.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2001 11:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nintendo: "Uhhh, wut if mga drn atk wih sub?"

Nitndo: Nvr mnd, no happn, kidz no like subtute... no pblm, s k

------
My guess is that since Mega Drain kinda sucks life from the opponent, and since a substitute is up, and since the substitute isn't alive, that, the move fails since you can't suck HP from something not alive...

This could be kinda silly, but, if this isn't the reason it's probably due to a glitch in the game, that or lack of programming on Ns part.

-MK

Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 12:05 AM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ROFLMAO. That is so true.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 09-03-2001 01:03 AM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are a load of attacks that don't even get through with a sub out, with Mega Drain, Absorb, and Leech Life being a few. All confusion, paralysis, sleep, and all that crap you already know. The reason why it doesn't work is because the sub doesn't have any real HP to drain.

- - - - -
"I mean, Bush lost a PR war with fucking Saddam Hussein. How pitiful is that?" ~ Mr. K

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.