The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Reflect/Curse Reset, Proven Wrong

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Reflect/Curse Reset, Proven Wrong
Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 08:24 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Me and Articuno64 were discussing what would happen if you fully cursed and put up a reflect. He said he heard from a reliable source that Reflect would cause the defense stat to reset after you were fully cursed. I disagreed. So, we tested it out. And Reflect did NOT reset the Defense stat after being fully cursed.

*bows*

- - - - -
AvatarST2: I don't wanna smoke, cuz if I like it, I'll end up doing it.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 09:31 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this like the whole Acid Armor three times + Reflect deal discussed on the main site? Maybe they fixed it. Who knows.

In GSC, Light Screen and Reflect work by effectively cutting your Defence to half and your opponent's Attack to a quarter. So, there's no reason to activate a rollover. But isn't it like that in RBY, too?
~Uiru- or am I completely wrong?

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 04:22 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Using Acid Armour + Reflect or Amnesia + Light Screen can cause a rollover in RBY.

In GSC, Light Screen and Reflect work by effectively cutting your Defence to half and your opponent's Attack to a quarter.

Where exactly did this information come from? I've heard it said many times, but it doesn't make sense. The procedure for preventing the RBY rollover makes sense, but why wouldn't they just halve the opponents Attack and leave your Defense untouched?

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 11:34 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have absolutely no idea why they do all that unnessessary cutting, but Karma Chameleon said so and I'm inclined to believe him.
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 02:10 AM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, one time i passed a reflect to my level 100 snorlax and cursed 6 times. guess what happened? one of the elite 4's pokes KO'ed me with one physical attack! this happened months ago when i was just testing how much i could raise my defense, so unless only passed reflects reset defense, which wouldn't make sense, this proves that reflect and curse don't mix.

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 05:37 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, in that case, Fanha didnt Program GSBot correct. Because I fully cursed with a Max Stat Snorlax and put up a Reflect....And it was untouchable.

- - - - -

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...proof you shouldn't use the bots to test things.
From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 05:48 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed.

Listen well, kiddies.

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DarkLickitung: Indeed. But I was too lazy to test on Game Boy Color....

- - - - -

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-23-2001 08:14 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, one time i passed a reflect to my level 100 snorlax and cursed 6 times. guess what happened? one of the elite 4's pokes KO'ed me with one physical attack!

Uh, wouldn't the Reflect have worn off by the time you got in all six Curses?

DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 07:07 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hehe. i just realized that now. i wasn't thinking when i typed that. it was actually like 3 or 4 times. i'm surprised nobody else saw that.

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 08-30-2001 03:24 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
I have absolutely no idea why they do all that unnessessary cutting, but Karma Chameleon said so and I'm inclined to believe him.
~Uiru

Has he actually done any of his own research on this, or is he just getting it all from the TeamPA stuff that he took and put up?

If it's just from the TeamPA stuff, there's still reason to question it. You can note several mistakes in the G/S moves listings (Nightmare not being Baton Passed, Thunder doing 2x damage during Fly, etc.)

There's other funky stuff in that translated info from TeamPA, too.

EDIT: punctuation fix.

[ 08-30-2001: Message edited by: Continue ]

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you mean something lke this?

Imagine a Steelix, with defense 498. I'm not sure if Steelix can Reflect, but if it can't, just pseudopasss it one. Reflect cuts the enemy Attack to 25% of original. However, it will also cut Steelix's defense in half, to 249. Proceed to D-Curl four times while Reflect is up. This results in Reflect-adjusted Defense of 996. When Reflect ends, it gets set to 1992, but since only the last 10 bits count, it resets to 968.

Is this what you mean? If so, I don't see why it wouldn't reset, but if you used this exact process with Steelix, the difference between 968 and 992 is negligible. I might have to try this using a Pokemon whose defense is a bit lower.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, if you had a reflect up, then were swaggered, you'd actually take more damage?

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-21-2001 07:11 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...that's an interesting point. It sounds that way, the way it's worded.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 09-29-2001 10:51 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about using Reflect, then Barriering up with Tentacool? Would that have changed anything?
From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Givera
Farting Nudist
Member # 234

Member Rated:
posted 10-06-2001 09:04 PM      Profile for Givera   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember reading something about the 1/4x attack and 1/2x defense things at TeamPA, but it never made sense to me either. If there was an explanation, I couldn't translate it.

- - - - -
Founded in 1492 by... uh... demons, the FBI is a crack law enforcement agency designed to... uh... I dunno... Fight aliens?

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Has he actually done any of his own research on this, or is he just getting it all from the TeamPA stuff that he took and put up? If it's just from the TeamPA stuff, there's still reason to question it. You can note several mistakes in the G/S moves listings (Nightmare not being Baton Passed, Thunder doing 2x damage during Fly, etc.)

How do you BP Nightmare...? You'd have to Sleep Talk it and BP to another Sleeping Pokémon. Sounds believeable, though...

And didn't Stadium 2 say that Thunder did 2x damage during Fly? Or did it just say that it hit?
~Uiru

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2001 03:31 PM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

And didn't Stadium 2 say that Thunder did 2x damage during Fly? Or did it just say that it hit?

No, it just said that it can strike a Pokémon using Fly... which is different from Gust and Twister's description that they do double the damage.

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 10-15-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

How do you BP Nightmare...? You'd have to Sleep Talk it and BP to another Sleeping Pokémon. Sounds believeable, though...

You're quite correct, that's how it happens.

BTW, credit to White Cat for noting how to get 2 pokemon on the same team sleeping to test this on Stadium. I just had a complete loss of intelligence for that.

quote:

I'm not going to repeat what PikachuThunder already noted, but we've already seen the proper results from multiple sources and it says something different from Darryn's TeamPA listings (not like we haven't noticed the S2 library having a screw-up in regard to burning Fire-types and freezing Ice-types).

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.