The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » When are an egg's DVs, and thus it's gender, created?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: When are an egg's DVs, and thus it's gender, created?
New Guy
Farting Nudist
Member # 692

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 11:58 PM      Profile for New Guy   Email New Guy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A: When the parent pokemon are placed in daycare.

B: When the egg is generated (Gramps is standing in the back yard waiting for you.)

C: When I pick up the egg.

Thanks in advance.

- - - - -
@!!**... I forgot my chain saw!-Satan

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 03:02 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe the egg's DV's are generated when you pick up the egg. Generally, DV's aren't set until you actually recieve the Pokémon. You can save in Elm's lab and pick Cyndaquil until you get one with stats you like, for example.

...Of course, releasing the Legendaries from Burned Tower has the same effect of 'recieving' them. Their stats are set when they leave, so if you want to catch a good one, you have to save right before freeing them. (Which is extremely difficult to do in Crystal, where you must release them before fighting Morty, when half the map is still closed to you. You'd have to specifically go around opening up places to do it.)
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-12-2001 03:18 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A. When two Pokémon that can produce an egg are placed into the Day Care together, when the second goes in, the egg's stats are decided.

--Meowth346

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 11:42 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Huh? Wouldn't that make consecutive eggs identical?

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 01:01 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"When two Pokémon that can produce an egg are placed into the Day Care together, when the second goes in, the egg's stats are decided."

As soon as you pick up the created egg, your Pokémon begin working on the next egg, so, right after you pick up the now done egg, the next egg's stats are generated.

-MK

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-13-2001 10:18 AM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
A. When two Pokémon that can produce an egg are placed into the Day Care together, when the second goes in, the egg's stats are decided.

--Meowth346

It's also the only to decide whether the two Pokemonare "brimming with energy."

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.