The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Odd Egg Question!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd Egg Question!
Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 02:28 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it actually possible to hatch a shiny out of that egg, I've hatched it over 10 times - no shinys , but every one had Dizzy Punch. Please tell me if I can get the Shiny Pichu I want
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 03:51 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Fairly certain it's 50/50.. you've just had shitty luck.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 04:46 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it really is 50-50, then the odds of getting over 10 eggs and not one being shiny (I used 11 in my calculations) is 1 in 2,048!

So, either this guy had HORRIBLE luck, or, it isn't a 50/50 chance of being shiny. We'd better ask Meowth.

-MK
[It would be like flipping a coin 11 times and getting tails each flip]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 04:53 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wanted either a shiny Magby, Elekid or Pichu. I got an Elekid, but it wasn't shiny. *sobs* Had Dizzy Punch, though. So everyone can now live in fear of my Parafusion Electabuzz, with -30 in every stat and a crap 70 power STABless Normal attack.

Oh, yeah! Beckachu, when your egg hatched and you reset, did you get the egg from the man again? This is important, as egg's stats are set the instant they come into play.
~Uiru, personally, would rather use Ice Punch

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 05:43 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Oh, yeah! Beckachu, when your egg hatched and you reset, did you get the egg from the man again? This is important, as egg's stats are set the instant they come into play.

You're confusing me! If by reset do you mean that I saved before getting it and hatched it over and over again (thats what I did for the first 5 or so, and each were different) without saving until seeing what it was? (I never save while hatching eggs, only before I get em, I do that with my first pokemon too if I really want a Female one cos gender is only determined when you pick up the ball instead of when you start the game like one of my friends said.)

quote:
So, either this guy had HORRIBLE luck

Guy?!? I think you'll find I'm a GIRL
But everyone seems to make that mistake. And I think I do have terrible luck at times, I think I'm cursed or something.

Oh, and how difficult is it to get a shiny Ditto (to breed with Eevee so I can get a shiny)?

Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 06:12 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sorry about the last post, I get confused easily, but I've sat and read through properly.
When I reached the point where I could collect the Odd Egg, I saved just outside the center. I recieved the egg, Hoping to hatch a Shiny Pichu for my collection of cute pokemon. I hatched that egg, I got Smoochum non-shiny with Dizzy Punch. I turned the game off and collected it again. I repeatedly did this 11 times; getting these pokemon:
Pichu 4 all with Dizzy Punch
Cleffa 1 with Dizzy Punch
Igglybuff 4 all with Dizzy Punch
Magby 2 with Dizzy Punch
Smoochum 1 with Dizzy Punch

12 altogether including the 1st, no Elekid and not a shiny in sight. My sister also has crystal, but shes quite happy with her Dizzy Punch Igglybuff, as thats what she wanted and got on the first try.

*Whines* I want my shiny Pichu!! I've completed gold and only seen the shiny gyarados, maybe I'm a shiny-deterrent?

Oh, if I actually did encounter a shiny Ditto and caught it, to get a shiny baby would it take the position of mother or father in the chain? (i.e. what gender eevee would I need to breed with it)

THX!

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 06:17 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got a clefa with craptastic genes, but I'm going to keep her anyway, she can be like my retard child pokemon...
*goes to play mini-games with is down syndrome clefa*
...I'm so happy...

- - - - -
"Pokemon, no matter what anyone says, is not just about link battles. PBS is not Pokemon." -Mr. K

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 07:08 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Make that 13...
Tyrogue With Dizzy Punch...not shiny.

Am I forever cursed to not have a shiny Pichu?!

CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 07:33 PM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Beckachu:
Oh, if I actually did encounter a shiny Ditto and caught it, to get a shiny baby would it take the position of mother or father in the chain? (i.e. what gender eevee would I need to breed with it)

Anything that can breed can breed with a ditto, no matter what gender. The ditto will just take the place of opposite gender, so use whatever Eevee you can get your hands on. I thought everybody knew that. And for a trick to get a Shiny Ditto, check out Meowth's wonderful site: Transferring IVs

Why is it that so many females use some veriant of Pikachu in their name?

[ 08-05-2001: Message edited by: CrystalMeth ]

- - - - -
-Crys
Meow!

From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*I* knew you were female.

(Actually, it was just a good guess based on your name. It's usually hard to tell online. Which may be why everyone thinks *I'M* a girl. ^_^ Ahh, if only.)

Anyway, yes, that's what I meant. You must be having extraordinarily bad luck; either that or it really isn't 50/50. (What the devil is the point of giving out crap Pokémon with a crap attack with crap genes? Is this to get the little kids excited or something? Geez...)

I wuvs Elekid, but I already have an absolutely class one... I can't remember it's stats exactly, but I know it has max DF and 14 HP and SD, great Speed and garbage Attack. But no Dizzy Punch. OH WELL. ^_^
~Uiru- Pichu is cuter anyhow.

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, this would all certainly point to it not being 50%, but I got that number from Meowth's site... the "egg ticket" link on the update page.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-05-2001 08:21 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For the curious, my number ratio is form Nintendo of Japan. After hatching over 30 Odd Eggs, more than 1/2 being Igglybuff, and 0 being Shiny (I confirmed with about 10 that their genes were in fact 0000) that Nintendo of America changed the ratios, as they don't agree with what used to be listed on Nintendo of Japan (and may still be listed--you'd have to check the Mobile Adapter section of the N.O.M.)

--Meowth346

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 08:24 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Doesn't surprise me one bit. They couldn't do something HELPFUL, like randomizing the DV's so these things *might* be worth using, could they?

...I'd be pissed off with Crystal if it weren't for Battle Tower. Which has me so pissed off, I'm likely to play constantly for the next few days until I beat the frigger. Someone wanna figure that out?
~Uiru- Battle Tower is approximately 62.4 times more evil than Pokémon Pinball. Which was created by Satan in the first place.

- - - - -

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 08-05-2001 08:26 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anyone get a shiny pokémon from an odd egg here?

My egg gave me a Dizzy Punch Smoochum too, but she isn't shiny.

This makes me wonder if these baby pokémon are really crap or just normal babies, since it is soo hard to get a shiny one...

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 01:35 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You sure can get a shiny. It only took me nine tries to get a shiny. Luckily for me that first shiny was a shiny Magby, otherwise I could have very well spent a whole lot of time hatching eggs since I am obsessive about those things. Maybe my shiny Magby was a reward for hatching those 309 Hoppip eggs(The 306th was shiny, but I still had 3 leftover eggs after that). Shinies are kind of a waste of time, but I only breed for one anyway. Next time I'm going for a Pokemon with good stats, after I get a good breeding Ditto, of course.

- - - - -
[blank]

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Beckachu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1785

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 03:08 PM      Profile for Beckachu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
You sure can get a shiny. It only took me nine tries to get a shiny

I'll keep trying for that Pichu I want as long as it takes me!!! I'll get one someday ...

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 04:45 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My only shiny that is not a gyrados and not caught using gameshark is a Hoothoot. I consider the tree that I found it in to be lucky. This pokemon was caught and in training on cyrstal. It is now evolved.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.