next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Odd Egg

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd Egg
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 11:31 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, my Odd Egg hatched and came out a Smoochum with Dizzy Punch.

Wasn't this egg suposed to give me a shiny or totally crap pokémon?

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 11:45 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Was the Smoochum shiny?

If not, then the genes for the Pokemon are 0000 with 0 HP... as low as one can get.

And Jynx with ANY sort of physical attack isn't a good idea, but that idea belongs in another forum...

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"Damn it! I leered that Umbreon twice, and Ember still isn't doing jack!!" -My brother having a newb moment.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 01:21 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, any pokémon coming out of an odd egg has dizzy punch (which I doubt)?!

Lately I will post my Smoochum's stats... I think it has spc attack 14 or else..

And that thing about Egg ticket?

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 07:02 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wasn't the Egg Ticket taken out, since its purpose was to get the Odd Egg?

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-04-2001 08:51 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No; you now get an Odd Egg from the old man in the daycare.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: poccil ]

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 10:05 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes poccil, I am aware of that. That is why I said that I believed the EGG TICKET was removed.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as you researchers all know, in Crystal English Version without cheating you can only get one Odd Egg correct?

One more question, in Japan, was it possible to get/earn more egg tickets?

Thanks,
-MK

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 11:50 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... using the Mobile Adapter, the player was suposed to get new egg tickets from Nintendo, right?

- - - - -
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 07:54 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -White Cat

poccil, I hope you realize this was intended as sarcasm.

- - - - -
[insert sig here]

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 08:29 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he'll understand it more if you post it like this

quote:
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -White Cat

poccil, I hope you realize this was intended as sarcasm

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Fractyl ]

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 01:01 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is the second time that someone taken a sarcastic comment that I made about them and used it out-of-context in their sig...

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Fractyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1311

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 02:07 AM      Profile for Fractyl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Third, I used it in a quote

- - - - -
I pretty much agree with Fractyl. -- Porygone

From: Wetlands of Langley B.C. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Master of Gligar
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2114

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 12:48 AM      Profile for Master of Gligar   Author's Homepage   Email Master of Gligar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got odd egg already, and got a regular colored Tyrogue.
The stats where as follows:
Attack 8
Defense 8
Spec.Attack 8
Spec.Defense 8
Speed 8

So I believe a regular colored baby from the odd egg item will have stats of 8 only. Shiny colored pokemon should have higher stats, I believe. But for as regular colored pokemon, they get the worst stats possible.

- - - - -
You may know me as Gligar master...The legend lives on

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 03:47 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Since I've been away for so long, could someone explain to me what an "Odd egg" and the "Egg ticket" is? Is it something Stadium2 realted?

Also, but I know this is totally off-topic and I apologise for it, could someone say what the Blue Card and Crystal Bell is?

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 02:05 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bandraptor hatched 100 Odd Eggs in a row and reported her results on AGNP. There seemed to be an equal chance of getting any one of the "baby" pokemon, except for Togepi. And the rate of Shiny pokemon came in at about 15% for her. This all seems to agree with the Odd Egg polls I've seen elsewhere...

- - - - -
This is not a signature.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-20-2001 11:30 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
Since I've been away for so long, could someone explain to me what an "Odd egg" and the "Egg ticket" is? Is it something Stadium2 realted?

The Odd Egg is an egg you get from the man at the Daycare in Crystal. It hatches into any of the "baby" Pokemon (Cleffa, Pichu, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Magby, Smoochum, Elekid, and very rarely, Togepi).

In the Japaneese version, you used the Mobile Adaptor to get an Egg Ticket, which you traded for the Odd Egg.

quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:

Also, but I know this is totally off-topic and I apologise for it, could someone say what the Blue Card and Crystal Bell is?

There's a new radio show in Crystal called Password. The host gives out a password between 6 and 12 nightly, and you go to the Radio Tower. Give her the password, and you'll receive points. These points are tabulated on a Blue Card, which you get the
first time you speak with her.

The Crystal Bell is actually called the Clear Bell, and it's used to catch Suicune. It's the Crystal equivalent of the Silver Wing (Silver) and Rainbow Wing (Gold).

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 04:40 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I believe a regular colored baby from the odd egg item will have stats of 8 only.

You're talking about actual stats; we're talking about genes/DVs.

It hatches into any of the "baby" Pokemon (Cleffa, Pichu, Igglybuff, Tyrogue, Magby, Smoochum, Elekid, and very rarely, Togepi).

I'm pretty sure you never get a Togepi. Have you actually seen one hatch from it, or know of someone who did?

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.