next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Two Questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two Questions
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 10:52 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One: Since all the text for the mobile access Pokémon Center in Goldenrod city still exists, would hooking a mobile apapter to your gameboy (A Japaneese one) unlock anything? If you could buy one overseas and hook it up to our gameboys do you think it would unlock anything or not?

Two: If a Japannese mobile adapter isn't compatible for american gameboys, did Nintendo leave any programming in Crystal that would allow use for a mobile adapter english if they ever got off their ass and changed their mind? I know they won't, but, if there was a shread of hope that the mobile programming still existed, I'd maybe feel a bit happier.

-MK

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 12:19 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Remember Stadium GS? Before it comes in contact with an actual Crystal cart, it doesn't know the game even exists. However, pop in Crystal and suddenly, all the data appears.

Nintendo DID translate all the Communication Center text, as we know. There is a chance that if Nintendo ever gets around to bringing the Mobile Adapter stateside, plugging it in would 'activate' the PCC, just like Crystal and Stadium GS. Maybe someone should look at the code and see if there's any vestigal programming that could give some weight to this (hopelessly delusional) theory.

(I don't see why Gold or Silver takes maybe 10 seconds to load while Crystal takes a full 70 seconds; unless there's a great big ton of new code to deal with. I don't think the animations could be THAT significant to the system's performance.)
~Uiru

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 01:25 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Stadium 2 was made for America, Gold & Silver were released here. And Nintendo knew that Crystal would be released later in the US, but they were liable to not be done with the English Source code, so, they could've programmed Stadium 2 to just pretty much COPY all important parts of the Crystal cart itself into memory.

Remember, the GameBoy Tower is NOT an emulator. The Gold and Silver (RBY for that matter) are all ready programmed into the Stadium, all that is uploaded is your game pak's info (pkmn you've caught, tasks completed, etc...)

Since Crystal's entirety may not exist on Stadium2, that could explain the loader long time, it's getting the actual game itself from the catridge of Crystal, or atleast some of it.

-MK

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-04-2001 04:13 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as I can tell, if you went to Japan, bought a Mobile Phone and matching Mobile Adapter, and connected them to your Gameboy Color, and put in an English Crystal, nothing special would happen. Though, with a Gameshark, you CAN use a code to unlock the Mobile Stadium option.

Edit: Forget what I put about the credits. Nintendo programmed it to skip over the three Mobile-related credits.

--Meowth346

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 08-04-2001).]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-04-2001 10:41 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But would a Japanese mobile adapter work under 'normal' circumstances? Maybe you'd need to be online, connected to a network, to trigger it.

(I know this sounds farfetched, but the same goes for Crystal & Stadium. Just putting the game in isn't enough, you've got to have a file saved before Crystal-related data starts appearing.)

Edit: Wait, you meant do all this while in Japan, right? Hmm... Their network probably wouldn't recognize English games.
~Uiru

[This message has been edited by Uiru (edited 08-04-2001).]

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.