The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Just how far do we have to go...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just how far do we have to go...
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
to get our pokemon max experience?

Well, I've done the research, and come up with more-or-less conclusive results.

I did some research on the Azure Pokemon Center forum, and figured out how you could best level up your pokemon via Unowns. Meowth346 said that with fully doped (Carbos, Calcium) pokemon, you need 780 Unowns to reach full stat EXP.

Here is the work I did there:

If 780 Unowns are needed, and you fight ONLY Unowns, from level 5 on...

Normal/Medium Speed growths will have max stats before level 20!

(Formula was done on QBasic, being as such:
XP = 0
Level = 6 (You are growing into this level)

Loop until XP > 33540 (43x780)
XPNeeded = Level^3
XP = XP + XPNeeded
Print data
Level = Level + 1
Loop

So...
After level 18, when going for level 19, it takes 6859 (L^3) EXP. After this time, the total is 35875. So, at level 19, you have max stats on normal growths.

Now, for Fast growths:
Same deal. By level 20, they'll have all they need.

Slow?
By level 18!

Parabolic?(Oh boy...)
By level 21, they have more than 34000 EXP. They grow faster than Fast pokes, but not by THAT much.

So, dupe up your pokes, and go fight Unowns. By level 20 (Or there abouts) You'll have max Stat EXP! (From these calculations...otherwise, it seems pretty easy...almost too easy...) Just give your pokemon Thief or something to wipe Unowns out, and bring potions.

I would try this with 390 needed....Wait, I will.

Normal: By level 17
Fast: By level 18
Slow: By level 16
Parabolic: By level 19

Not bad! Takes off a few levels, althou you'd expect more....anyways.

So, that's my research; Hope it's helpful/correct.

Now, people may consider the Elite 4/5 as being better for making your pokemon grow. This is what I did my today's research on.

I went through every pokemon in the Elite 4/5, and found out how much of each Base Stat it gave, as well as how much experience it gave. I could show exactly how much for each trainer, but I wrote it down, and don't feel like typing it out.

Basicly, from beating all 5, you get 2406 Attack, 2116 Defense, 2089 Special, 2040 Speed, and 1956 HP, in base stats.

Now, you need 65025 for max stats, or you can get 25500 from dupe-items, leaving you with 39525 points needed.

So, if the lowest stat is 1956...

You need (39525/1956)... 20.2, or 21 trips through the Elite 4/5, all with 1 poke doing all the work, to get max stat EXP.

Wouldn't it be just as easy battling Unowns?

Well, you'd need lots of PP-ups to be able to make it all the way, and diverse enough moves. Ethers and Hyper Potions to help, too.

Anyways, that's what I did. I figured out how many times through the Elite 4/5 one needs to max stat a poke.

Bah; it's nothing, right?
Probably.

Well, I tried.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 08:46 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for doing the research LanderZRPG.

-MK

----------------
"He didn't even 'have' a ponytail."

Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 09:47 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How many trips would it take if you used Exp. Share on the Pokemon and had another Pokemon fight all the battles? If I knew that,I wouldn't have to worry about training my Pokemon for Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle.

------------------
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Gloomboy:
How many trips would it take if you used Exp. Share on the Pokemon and had another Pokemon fight all the battles? If I knew that,I wouldn't have to worry about training my Pokemon for Stadium 2's Gym Leader Castle.

Last I checked Exp. Share equally split the Experience and Stat EXP between the battler and the pokemon with the item.

Hence, if you had a pokemon with EXP Share, you could use other Max-stat, or fully-trained pokemon, more than 1, but 1 per battle, and the experience would share out better, and you wouldn't need a bunch of weak moves on 1 poke to have enough PP.

So, I assume you just double the trips.

------------------
Lone Wolf

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:32 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LanderZRPG:

Last I checked Exp. Share equally split the Experience and Stat EXP between the battler and the pokemon with the item.

Nope. It gives them both the amount of experience you would get from just one battling.

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

4 lines is absurd length?

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 07:59 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Manuel, are you talking about level experience or stat experience? I know that the total level experience is divided between the fighter and the one with Exp. Share. I'm not sure about the stat experience, but I doubt it gives the full amount to both.

*notes that Manuel posted a whole bunch of incorrect research statements within a few days time a couple of months ago*

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 10:59 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh, all the test results I've seen have pointed out Exp Share doling out stat exp as well.

It was conclusive that Exp All did, so I don't see why Exp Share wouldn't - But that's just me and my damned common sense. As I've been told many times by "researchers" that isn't good enough for them.

What I really want to know, is how Lander can substantiate his claim that fighting 780 Unown is just as easy as 21 trips through the E4, for which you would also get a hugely substantial amount of money.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mu:
What I really want to know, is how Lander can substantiate his claim that fighting 780 Unown is just as easy as 21 trips through the E4, for which you would also get a hugely substantial amount of money.

You tell me how a newly hatched Gastly is supposed to beat the Elite 4/5 at level 5? If your poke is young, give it Thief, and it'll be max stats by level 20. If your poke is big, go through the Elite 4/5 21 times (alone). it depends what you want to train, but beating Unowns with either Shadow Ball or Thief is easy; Time consuming, but it's good for the little pokes. As for cash.... what good are most items, anyway, aside from stat dupers?

------------------
Lone Wolf

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:06 PM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LanderZRPG:
You tell me how a newly hatched Gastly is supposed to beat the Elite 4/5 at level 5? If your poke is young, give it Thief, and it'll be max stats by level 20. If your poke is big, go through the Elite 4/5 21 times (alone). it depends what you want to train, but beating Unowns with either Shadow Ball or Thief is easy; Time consuming, but it's good for the little pokes. As for cash.... what good are most items, anyway, aside from stat dupers?

Exp Share and a bigger poke, that's how.
Although, it was highly silly of you to then compare the two methods if you were talking about a level 5 Gastly, I might use the Unown to train a Pika Cup team, but I wouldn't use it to train a level 100 - I'd rather have the levels (and consequent moves and evolutions) to keep my interest since my training method usually maxes stats about level 85.

I still haven't figured out why people call them "stat dupers" these days, they aren't tricking anyone. I find cash is useful for buying the large amount of Balls I chew through as well, let alone coins for TMs.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.