The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Psych up Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Psych up Question
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 05:42 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does psych up copy status changers used after it?

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-31-2001 07:01 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No. Only those before its usage.

------------------
Pokemaster in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
makes poccil and MK look like geniuses." -CrystalMeth

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm...another question.

Does Psych Up cancel out any previous stat boosting?

Say I have Persian in against Snorlax. Persian uses Amnesia 3 times while Snorlax Curses. On the 4th turn, Persian Pysch Ups. Afterwards, will Persian have

1) Boosted Attack, Defense, lowered speed, and normal special defense(what the Snorlax had)?

Or

2) Boosted attack, defense, lowered speed, and full special defense?

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 09:02 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This may not help, but, this is what http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/jpattacks.html says...

Psych Up : NRM : The helpful attacks your opponent uses also helps you

I know this may not answer your question, but, it is relevant, good luck in your search... I would guess that your Persian would now have the 3 Amnesias and 3 Curses under it's belt now.... (and maybe no lowered speed since it's not helpful)

-MK

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 09:20 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe the Persian will have both Amnesia and Curse stat-boosts.

------------------
<timmy> WHaT YOU HAVe STELLLLLUGAIA!!!!! HOw DID YOU GeT HIM!

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 01:36 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I always thought it cancelled out all previous Stat boosting, copying exactly the changes on your opponent.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 08:45 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tested the Rollout thing. It's someone else's turn.
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 01:39 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
I tested the Rollout thing. It's someone else's turn.

Then I guess I'll take it up. Lunch-break testing... thank god for sharks.

Anyway, results were:

When opponent has no stat mods: Psych Up will fail.

When opponent has been hit with negative stat modifiers only: An old misconception that I'm positive of now that I've done the testing. These will be copied (So don't use Psych Up after Screeching your opponent unless you're planning on using Counter).

And the question at hand: The stat modifications copied by Psych Up replace any existing stat mods.

The case noted for the last one in my testing was Psych Up of a Swords Dance. This caused the effects of Agility to no longer be in place.

Note: These tests were performed on GBs. I didn't have enough time to test on Stadium 2 during my lunch break. I don't expect things will be any different on Stadium 2, but if I do find something different, I'll post something.

Looks like time to write another page for Metalloid...

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 02:22 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Continue, you are my hero...

Uh... I added 5 new pages today, not much info or anything on em.. figure I'll make every attack page, and then when people research it, we will add it...

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 05:44 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, maybe sometime if I get the time and feel like it, I'll test psych up via stadium.
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 08:39 AM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Hey, maybe sometime if I get the time and feel like it, I'll test psych up via stadium.

Well, you can do so if you don't trust my results, but if you're looking to get it done before I do, you'll be a bit late. It wasn't that much longer to do the testing for Stadium, so I did when I got home from work.

The Stadium results show identical behavior to what was seen for Psych Up on the GB.

I also tested one other case which I forgot about in my rush for lunchtime testing yesterday. The behavior was the same for both GB and Stadium.

Stat decreases due to Status modification (PRZ and BRN): Like I found when testing Baton Pass, these stat mods are seperate from other stat mods. Psych Up does not use these stat mods at all. If these stat mods are the only one on a pokemon, Psych Up will fail, as if there were no stat mods on the pokemon at all.

Basically, you can T-wave the pokemon that has been BPed Agility and DTs and still only get beneficial stat mods when you Psych Up.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 10:30 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Continue, I wasn't saying I didn't believe you, but, you & I both know that Nintendo is inconsistant when it comes to keeping Stadium and GB effects of attacks the same.

-MK or something

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 04:30 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Continue, thanks for doing all the research just so there is no longer any, well, "maybes" when it comes to Psych Up. If you were fighting a newbie, it would be cool if it went like this.

The enemy sand attacks you 6 times.
The enemy then swords dances or somethin like that a couple of times.
Then YOU Psych up them. Now you have their swords dances and no longer have your accuracy down

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.