The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » This is important! I'm looking for information on the Lab Trick.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This is important! I'm looking for information on the Lab Trick.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 11:45 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[This is about a glitch, but it's RESEARCHING a glitch. So neh.]

The Lab Trick, for those of you who don't know, is a trick you can pull with Stadium GS to obtain Crystal-only items like the Clear Bell and the GS Ball. (This is the final bit of proof you should need that Stadium GS supports Crystal, but that's an aside.) It sounds simple to pull off; trade a Pokémon from RBY to GSC. The RBY side has twelve boxes and the GSC side has fourteen; however, some people's games seem to have a mysterious Box 13 or Box 14 that contain very strange Pokémon with very strange moves, and items. Items might be Masterballs, GS Balls, or anything else.

The problem is, this trick does not work for everybody. It certainly doesn't work for me, and I'm getting pissed off about that. Nobody at PKMN Forever has any idea how to purposely cause this glitch; it seems that either it happens or it doesn't.

Meowth346 has determined that 'event data', things like beating a Gym Leader or defeating a Snorlax, may be causing the glitch. Some of this event data is stored under the Box data in RBY. For this reason, there is a possibility that your GB game file may be damaged. However, people have been able to get Clear Bells, GS Balls and Teru-Sama cards (also known as Blue Cards) onto their GS games. A friend of mine can sell his seemingly infinite supply of Clear Bells for loads and loads of cash. So, the easy way around this is to put your valuable Pokémon and items onto Stadium first.

The whole point of this investigation is that it may allow users to obtain Mew and/or Celebi, or any other Pokémon for that matter, quasi-legitimately. There is a chance that obtaining a GS Ball will allow Crystal users to get Celebi in English Crystal itself, and if not, it may appear in one of the boxes. However, before these theories can be tested, it is nessessary to be able to duplicate the glitch.

So, any of you who have Stadium 2, two transfer paks and two game paks... Please check all of your games! There have been two confirmed ways to activate the glitch; either it's just there when you try to trade from RBY to GSC (or GSC to RBY, it's been known to work both ways) or it appears after trading and selecting 'Save and Continue'. If Box 13 and/or Box 14 appear on the RBY version, we're in luck.

If you can see the glitched up Pokémon inside, don't try to take any of them without moving all your good Pokémon to a secure place. Either Stadium or a third cartridge will do. Nobody wants anybody's file to be eaten by this. The important part is to then report what happened. I need to know:

1. The level of completion of both games involved, and Stadium. (Just a vauge indicator will do; like if you've gotten all the Badges and beaten Red and if not, where you are, and if you've finished all the Cups in R1 and R2.)

2. The frequency of the Pokémon in both sets of Boxes. I'm not looking for a readout, just a general description, like if they're all packed, or if you only keep Pokémon in the first three boxes, or what. For the sake of argument, please describe the density of your Stadium boxes as well.

3. If your game has *ever* been exposed to Missingno or has been altered by a GameShark. Not just your current file, EVER. It's been known to happen to people who don't use Missingno at all.

4. If you have to trade two Pokémon to cause the glitch, it would be nice to know the Pokémon involved and the Boxes they were located in at the time.

I want my Celebi, and I know you guys do too. Please help us figure this out!
~Uiru

------------------

[This message has been edited by Uiru (edited 07-29-2001).]

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 12:41 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Several things..
I don't think teru-sama has much to do with the blue card, it seems to simply fill any item slot that GS doesn't have anything programmed for.
I strongly doubt getting a GS Ball would allow you to get Celebi in Crystal, they've probably taken the whole sequence out.
A Mew/Celebi gotten this way wouldn't be any more legit than one from gameshark, which is a lot easier.
Anyway, I might try it if I can find my paks...

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 01:35 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But some teru-samas "become" G/S Balls, Clear Bells, Blue Cards throw Stadium2. Stadium 2 thinks that what they are, atleast some of them.

So, let's say HexValue Item 3F in G/S only is TeruSama

Well in Crystal maybe they filled that in with a Clear Bell.

Since Stadium 2 will accept Crystal, atleast some of it, TeraSuma from G/S becomes a new item.

-MK (or somethin like that)

[for more relevant information on this glitch try the following place

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum4/HTML/000697.html

]

-MK *end of message*

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 01:50 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I took a GS Ball into Crystal, and attempted to follow the events that lead to Celebi, and I'm sorry to report that they have been taken out.

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

4 lines is absurd length?

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:29 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Celebi will have to wait until the next window of opportunity, let's just focus on mews, at least we can get that.
Anyone found he trigger yet?
When I put my Crystal version in the trade macine with my Blue, one thing changed, one of the dittos turned into a lvl77 farfetch'd.

------------------
"Stop assuming you are smarter than people who make the game, they think on a totally different level than you, break out of the fucking square you live in." -Mu

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-03-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Back to the Celebi Sequence and how to turn it on, or atleast, why it's NOT working...

"I know why the thing doesn't work with Kurt. You need to get the GS Ball *and* use a Gameshark code to change a certain event hex value. Then, it'll work." -Meowth346

This post can be found at http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum4/HTML/000705.html

BTW, does anyone have any Save States or anything like that that could jump me right ahead to Ilex forest w/ G/S ball in hand, I'm not good with using Gameshark codes...

-MK

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 05:03 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I looked in the ENTIRE stadium 2 library,stadium 2 player's guide,Pokemon GS players guide,Pokemon GS complete pokedex and MANY web sites and there is not even ONE mention of the clear bell! It must be a hidden or secret item that Nintendo left out.
If I could find the gameshark code to get one I would be very happy. I'd prefer the code for Crystal.

The obvious reason for nintendo translating all of the text in crsytal even if it is not used is so there will be no text glitches.

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 08:17 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You get clear bell in crystal after beating the radio tower instead of the rainbow wing (I did anyways) and it makes the guards let you go into tin tower to fight Suicune.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 08-15-2001 10:10 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Between my Blue and Silver cartridges, it happened! (I feel special)

1. Blue - Fully complete
Silver - Have 8 badges, did not beat the E4 yet

2. Blue - Packed, each box
PokeSta - Packed, each box
Silver - Packed, first few boxes (& possibly 14), otherwise empty

3. Blue - Exposed to Missingno a lot, caught it, fought it, cloned via it (even my Dome Fossils), never been hurt by it. ^_^;

4. I had to trade my Pokemon first, but I don't know which ones.

The Pokemon were a bunch of Omastar, Omanyte, and (I think) Missingno.

I'm sorry if you don't need this anymore, just thought it might help. ^_^;;

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 08-21-2001 12:19 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ferquin's Instant Riches Code: http://www.eagb.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=6&topic=357

Should prove an interesting read.

--Meowth346

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 01:39 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for sharing that one with us Meowth.

-MK

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 02:56 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theclaw:
I looked in the ENTIRE stadium 2 library,stadium 2 player's guide,Pokemon GS players guide,Pokemon GS complete pokedex and MANY web sites and there is not even ONE mention of the clear bell! It must be a hidden or secret item that Nintendo left out.
If I could find the gameshark code to get one I would be very happy. I'd prefer the code for Crystal.

These items should appear after loading up Crystal, but only after loading it up. Why? So as not to cause confusion.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.