The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Real Rollout Research

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Real Rollout Research
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 08:44 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally got off my lazy butt and confirmed how Rollout works. I used a Sharked level 38 Rhydon against a level 100 Chansey. Here's how it went...

Rhydon used Sweet Scent a couple times to keep Rollout from missing; Chansey absentmindedly Pounded to pass the time. Then the Rolling body of Rhydon started up. The damage progression on each hit was:

15 -> 31 -> 60 -> 123 -> 224

Then Rhydon used Defense Curl and tried again:

28 -> 64 -> 119 -> 243 -> 493

This means that Defense Curl doubles the power of Rollout for each of the five turns. Now, another question on the subject was whether a 960-power Rollout (fifth turn w/ Defense Curl) would produce very little damage if Hard Stone was attached, due to the 1023-max rollover. I attached Hard Stone and ran the tests again. Without Defense Curl:

14 -> 27 -> 59 -> 121 -> 229

And with:

31 -> 63 -> 114 -> 222 -> 495

This proves that rollover isn't a problem.

However, a new issue is raised; notice how there was no discernable increase in damage when the Hard Stone was attached than when it wasn't. Does this mean that Hard Stone doesn't affect Rollout?

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 04:04 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good work white-cat. Maybe the formula to calculate the Rollout power for each turn is so complex that Hard Stone either

doesn't affect it

or

barely affects it at all

(good work on the research though)

One more thing, this was on Stadium 2 right?

-MK

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 03:17 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, it was a link battle in No$GMB.

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 11:16 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So I guess this changes the optimum answer for my thread.

------------------

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 08:23 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whitey, you haven't answered the burning question -
Do you need to use Defense Curl directly before Rollout for it to take effect, or can you Defense Curl and then sit around for a while before Rolling?
Does it take effect only on the next Rollout or every one after it?

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 08:31 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe it's already been tested that you can use other moves between DC and Rollout and still get the effect... not sure about multiple rollouts, but I would assume (meaning I've got no basis for saying this) that the DC effect would carry over.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.