The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » I feel really dumb about asking this, but I've really forgotten.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I feel really dumb about asking this, but I've really forgotten.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 09:27 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do Hidden Powers get STAB? I know they aren't boosted by weather... I remember someone saying they didn't, but I can't remember who it was and thus, I don't know if I should believe them. :) If, by some odd fluke, I actually catch a Pineco that doesn't SUCK (and happens to be 13/13/15/15 ^_^) then Bug Power would be a great asset on my team, which currently has a potential Exeggutor problem. Heh heh. With STAB, though, Forretress could become an actual fighter instead of just a kamikaze bomb (though it still has Spikes and Explosion, don't worry about that ^_^). Starmie's Light Screen will help it with this.

Either way, it's still a 2-hit KO against Exeggutor, and a very likely 2-hit KO against Celebi. But it'd have other applications as well.
~Uiru- yes, my team has changed already from what I've posted. Sigh. :)

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 09:38 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe they do.
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 10:05 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They get STAB, and I'm fairly certain weather affects them as well...
*Notes that this should be in the research Lab

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 10:50 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm quite sure that they do get STAB. I'm pretty sure that Meowth346 said they do. And as you know, if Meowth346 says they do, then they do!

-MK (Meowth346's wannabe sidekick)
j/k

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 11:02 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Virus - I bred a pineco with bug power. The DVs of the first one I bred were 13/13/14/7, which I guess is good enough.

I gave it this moveset:

Spikes
Explosion
Curse
HP - bug
@quick claw

It works better than the standard, I've found. He makes an okay attack platform, his weakness is gone once their fire type is toast.

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 12:51 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. Not five minutes after I decide "It'd be nice to have a Bug Power" I pull out a 15/13/9/1/13. SCORE! 65, 70, same thing. I'm not complaining.

And it's confirmed they get STAB? This makes me very, very happy. *dances*

I know I'm using Bug Power, Spikes and Explosion. Curse is brilliant, too, though it might get tricky if a 4x strong to Bug appears. I'm still considering Toxic or Sandstorm. Heh.

Now, time to slaughter Blissey! You know the times are a'changin' when you get a huge tip from GameFAQs... ^_~
~Uiru

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.