The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Um, I need some information..

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Um, I need some information..
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 01:19 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who did the testing and by what means that proved Sketch is Un-Metronomable... I'm in an argument with IRHP about it, and... yea. He says he won't listen until I get more proof than I've already given -_-

http://www.vgf.net/cgi-bin/ubb/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=002441&p=

So.. yeah.

------------------
<`TD> my god, how stupid can two people be? Attracting a Starmie thats trying to Thunder-Wave a Quagsire.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 02:21 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you mean can this happen?

Togepi used Metronome
Togepi Metronomed Sketch
Togepi Sketched the opponents attack

I would say that this is totally 100% not possible because then anything that learned metronome you could do this.

Teach it metronome
wait till it does sketch & sketch lock-on
Teach it metronome again
wait till it does sketch & sketch horn-drill

Now you could create nearly unbeatable Pokémon with anything that could metronome. And in very very rare situations, anything that learns mimic.

Gyarados used mimic.
Grarados mimiced metronome.
Gyarados used metronome
Gyarados used sketch
Gyarados Sketched Spore...

-MK

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 02:55 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lol, that topic's fucking hilarious.. So, there's a (quite obvious) way to give any poke any move in the game.. and it's taken until now (and by a complete idiot) for it to be figured out.. just give up, this is the same as "breeding glitches", an idiotic way for someone to justify sharking, and they're never going to listen to you.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 04:22 AM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, it's not sharking, it's "Research Advancement". And, no one's sure if you can Metronome or Mimic Sketch yet. An Aeroblast/Body Slam/Recover/Earthquake Marowak would be kickass though.

------------------
Drugs may be the road to nowhere, but at least they're the scenic route.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Herakurosu (edited 07-25-2001).]

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 04:50 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a few relevant links...
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000777.html
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000813.html
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000080.html
Damn.. couldn't find much of any use, you probably found all these on your own.. oh well.

------------------
-MK

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-25-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Herakurosu:
And, no one's sure if you can Metronome or Mimic Sketch yet.

You think that this hasn't been thoroughly tested? The only way you'll get any move on any Pokémon is through a glitch in the Japanese Red/Green.

--Meowth346

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 03:19 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth,
Can you explain how the glitch is done, please?
Also, could you make a ROM hacking for dummies guide to teach people how to hack and research?

------------------
<ET-Haxorz> jesus fuck, tgd is awesome ^_^

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 04:14 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Their forum is pretty screwy too. I got flood control on my first post.

------------------
I magically stop topics because I try to use proper grammar and make sense. Sue me if you care about this.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My post was trying to "debunk" what he was asking. I was explaining "why" that wouldn't be allowed because then almost any Pokémon could learn all moves or something.

-MK

(I wasn't saying it was possible)
(I was saying why it isn't possible)

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 08:04 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This thread will give you some of the information you were asking about The Great Dreamer.

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum7/HTML/001124.html

Just be sure to read the whole thing, & yes, I would like to have Meowth make a hacking guide if that wouldn't be asking too much.

-MK

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-25-2001 10:38 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
Can you explain how the glitch is done, please?
It deals with pressing the Select button on the 5th through nth item, then pressing it on a move in battle. Only works in the Japanese Red/Blue, because they fixed the Select button "bug" for Japanese Blue (English Red/Blue).

Also, could you make a ROM hacking for dummies guide to teach people how to hack and research?
Sure, and why don't I upload ROM images for people to hack while I'm at it. After all, a ROM image hacking page is an advertisement to download the ROM image, no matter how illegal that it, right? I'm sure the people are Nintendo'd just LOVE to read my page on hacking their games. Please enjoy reading my sarcasm ^_^

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-25-2001 10:54 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Meowth346:
Sure, Please enjoy reading my sarcasm ^_^
[/B]

That implies that you DO know how to hack, but you can't tell us. That brings up a question: How did you learn, anyway? Where did you go to learn? It's improbable that you taught this yourself.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 11:51 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
poccil, just because you would like to hack yourself, doesn't mean Meowth should tell you.

I've got a bone to pick with you. In your attack guide, for Substitute, your entry for Substitute is in the same format as the one on Metalloid, only worded differently. Please ask bandraptor@aol.com for permission to use that piece of information. I have.

Meowth has his ways, and I'm not entirely sure its ROM-hacking.

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-26-2001 01:20 AM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not asking him to tell me or anyone else; it's just that I need an easier way to do research.

Plus, my Substitute page also includes my own research; I've tested most of it to verify its accuracy.

[This message has been edited by poccil (edited 07-26-2001).]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 01:26 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*MK feels down because he has a post ready to go & his computer messed up and he lost it, oh well, here I go, try to make another one*

The cool thing is I like in America. In America we have The Constitution which gives us the right to free speech. We can say what we want and write what we want. This freedom allows us to write books about having sex with dolphins and how to make bombs. And it's perfectly legal? As long as you don't act on the information provided, it's 100% fine.

That's the beautiful thing about America. Knowledge is not supressed because it seems "evil". Meowth, you have a great knowledge. We all look up to you. You know how to look at mere hex & can make sense of it. It is perfectly legal to make some nice informative .txt files. Knowledge is power. Meowth, if you helped us learn how to do this, you would be helping us in a way that no one else can. You would help spawn 100s of little Meowth346's who could take the world by storm with that knowledge, which is a good thing.

I don't know how you learned how to do your thing, but, wouldn't it be sad if you never learned how to do what you do? If it wasn't for the internet & people like yourself helping each other out, no one would have the knowledge, in fact, I wouldn't be posting this right now. See how big an influence knowledge has on the world? Please Meowth, please share your vast knowledge with us.

You could just get an email address ( a new one ) and email the information out & never use the email address again. It would never be linked to you, and, even if it was, mere knowledge is not illegal, it is power. Please share your fire with us.

Thank you,
-MK

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 04:26 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Poccil.. you said you tested it to verify its accuracy.. therefore you originally got if from somewhere else. Why don't you just give the person credit? It'd be so fucking easy to get people off your back about this, and your site would have the exact same information.. no one thinks you did ANY of the testing yourself now, maybe if you gave people credit for stuff, they might believe you when you claim credit for yourself once in awhile.

------------------
-MK

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 08:07 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You really expected poccil to care that he plagarized again, Jman?

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 11:21 AM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:

I've got a bone to pick with you. In your attack guide, for Substitute, your entry for Substitute is in the same format as the one on Metalloid, only worded differently. Please ask bandraptor@aol.com for permission to use that piece of information. I have.

It doesn't seem necessary at this point. I finally got a response from her not too long ago about this. She doesn't really care. Since she doesn't, I'm willing to let it drop.

You can continue actions on your own at this point if you want, since you still have rights as publisher, but it's not worth it for me.

quote:
Originally posted by poccil:

Plus, my Substitute page also includes my own research; I've tested most of it to verify its accuracy.

It doesn't matter. It wouldn't have been noticed if you hadn't all but used the same wording. There are laws against that. I suggest you read the following:

http://www.loc.gov/copyright/faq.html

Of particular interest should be #2 & #60.

Stop stealing from others. I've actually seen one or two posts here that show you can do your own work, and asking permission is far from difficult. To make it simple, stop being a lazy ass thief. Further thefts from you will be taken seriously.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-26-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by MK:
And it's perfectly legal? As long as you don't act on the information provided, it's 100% fine.
Yes, but writing a ROM hacking guide is along the same lines of writing a bank robbing guide.

You know how to look at mere hex & can make sense of it.
I don't know how you learned how to do your thing, but, wouldn't it be sad if you never learned how to do what you do?
When I very first made a ROM image (with help from a friend who lent me his X-Changer, or whatever he had at that time), I looked at the data in a hex viewer/editor. I had taught myself hexadecimal in about 5 seconds before then. Now, I was looking at a game's programming in Hexadecimal: Pocket Monsters Red. And, to my surprise, I understood everything! I don't mean that I automatically knew what every number/letter meant, but with a very small, tiny bit of trial and error, I was able to understand everything in there, without using the internet as a guide once. In fact, I wasn't even online for a long number of years afterwards.

So, I figure, if I was able to learn all that just by looking at the data, then others can too. However, I'm not going to write a guide to either cause people to illegally download ROM image, nor to help those who have already done so. I despise anyone who downloads ROM images, especially if they don't even own the game in the first place. Of course, I speak of legalities of ROPM images as outlined in the FAQ at, I believe it was, http://www.warioworld.com/

--Meowth346

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 09:47 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Lol, that topic's fucking hilarious.. So, there's a (quite obvious) way to give any poke any move in the game.. and it's taken until now (and by a complete idiot) for it to be figured out..

Actually, a group of us were researching this a week after GS was released, we never told anyone because if it turned out to be correct we could storm the next national championships and take home (in my case, a Japanese import GBA a good four months before release here) some nice prizes - Then when it turned fruitless we never bothered sharing the information because no-one asked and it didn't work anyway.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.