next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Substitute

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Substitute
Surfer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1998

Rate Member
posted 07-24-2001 04:04 PM      Profile for Surfer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was wondering if u could psuedo pass substitute
i mean if u substititute than switched pokes would the subsitute still be there?

------------------

From: LA, California, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 04:33 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfer:
i was wondering if u could psuedo pass substitute
i mean if u substititute than switched pokes would the subsitute still be there?

I'm figuring that, as a newbie, you deserve at least one chance to not use your brain. This is it. In future, try checking through the site via the information in the front page and the search function here on the UBB.

Search would have turned up this useful topic:

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000803.html

Anyway, the answer is this: In R/B/Y, there is no way to pass along a Substitute. In G/S, it is not possible under normal circumstances. However, a Substitute can be passed to another pokemon if the pokemon with the Substitute uses the move Baton Pass to perform the switch.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 04:36 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As far as I know, it works like this.

Bulbasaur uses Substitute.
(it created a substitute)
The trainer switches Pokémon.
Bulbasaur is switched for Golbat.
(Golbat is sent out)
[Golbat appears with no substitute doll]

Now, you CAN switch Pokémon & keep the Substitute doll out if you used Baton pass. So if instead of switching Bulbasaur used Baton pass and switched for Golbat, the doll remains when Golbat appears.

And yes I know, under normal conditions Bulbasaur can't learn Baton Pass, it's just an example.

Check out the following Link for a nice Substitute information Spiel, hopefully the link "still" works

http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/substitute.html

-MK

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 07-24-2001).]

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahaha! Someone actually linked to our page, Continue! Wowza!

Uh.. that page will cover everything you need to know.

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jman, did you do all the research for that page yourself? Either way, it's a cool site.

-MK

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 10:07 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks, I didn't do it.

I'm mearly the HTMLer... Continue does most of the testings, and LanderZ does the Pokedex. But most of that Substitute testing was actually done by Bandraptor, an AGNPer.

We got permission to put it up.

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

Jackdaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 118

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 05:03 PM      Profile for Jackdaw   Author's Homepage   Email Jackdaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Surfer:
i was wondering if u could psuedo pass substitute i mean if u substititute than switched pokes would the subsitute still be there?

The thing I want to know is: You couldn't figure that out your self? How hard is it to have a monster use sub and then switch? If there was some complexity involved or a bunch of formulas, then I couls see the point in asking, but this, this anyone can do and figure out on their own!

... oops, there I go babbling again.

------------------
"Violence! Scandles! Death! Death! Death! ... and now, puppies!"
"... this news is a trip." ~Monique, Sinfest

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 07-28-2001 11:19 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jman:
Ahaha! Someone actually linked to our page, Continue! Wowza!

Hey, at least it's not one of poccil's sites.

------------------
I'm too lazy to make a sig.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.