The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Trivia for those of you who pay attention to Fun Facts

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Trivia for those of you who pay attention to Fun Facts
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 08:53 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's a trivia question. You have three days as of when I post this to respond, but if someone gets it right beforehand, it ends right there.

Question: What is the greatest amount of damage you can do in one turn, if...
1. Both Pokemon must be at L100.
2. Both Pokemon must be fully evolved.
3. Nothing that could only be achieved through sharking was used.
4. No moves that alter stats (like Swords Dance) can take effect.

Guess away!

------------------

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Igglybuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 1858

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 10:13 AM      Profile for Igglybuff     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1645 damage, if critical, 844 if not.

------------------
"I will switch to... to... something." Part of message

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 12:57 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
7944 (15504 for a CH).

Machamp's Berserk Gene(which is a stat-raising ITEM not a stat-raising MOVE, and therefore allowed) activates, then he steals a Black Belt with Thief, and finally he mauls a 0-DV Rare-Candied Blissey with Cross Chop.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 01:06 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK.....I can beat that one...

A Rhydon with Berserk Gene, and Thiefs a Hard Stone, blasting a DV 0 rare-candied Ledian with the 5th turn of Rollout:

18158 (35440 with a CH)

Nyah.

[EDIT] Tyranitar can't learn Rollout ;.;

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

[This message has been edited by NickWhiz1 (edited 07-22-2001).]

[This message has been edited by NickWhiz1 (edited 07-22-2001).]

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 04:03 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't steal with Thief if you already hold an item. But NW1, you're pretty close.

------------------

Surfer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1998

Rate Member
posted 07-22-2001 05:39 PM      Profile for Surfer     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolt u can steal items with thief even though your already holding one the item your holding is replaced with the item stolen by theif

------------------

From: LA, California, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 05:47 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I've got it.

I've tried Spc. Attacks, and not even Exeggutor vs Wooper is anywhere near that damage; So it must be physical.

I'm surpsied this wasn't seen sooner.

Level 100 Rhydon, Attack = 358.
Level x2 / 5 = 42
Rollout + Defense Curl (5th time) Base damage is 960.
Beserk Gene Doubles Attack.
Hard Stone makes the base damage....1056.

So, here it is:

Rhydon comes out, and gets Beserk Gene bonus. The opponent, who hasn't been important yet, Steals this with Thief, allowing RHydon to keep the bonus (I think, if not, I'll show the damage afterwards). Rhydon uses, say, Tackle, for fun.

Out comes EITHER Yanma OR Delibird, either with a 4x weakness to Rock, and a Defense stat of 95, when not trained to level 100. Rhydon steals their Hard Stone with Thief.

He now does Defense Curl/Rollout, and they get damn lucky with Protects/Whatnot, and survive until the fifth round...

(42 x 716 x 1056) 31756032
(/50) 635120
(/95) 6685
(+2) 6687
(x4) 26748
(x1.5) 40122

80244 with CH.

If The Beserk Gene bonus goes away, The Rollout is still 960.

36474 without CH.

I think I won this. No Spc. Attacks will do more, since Beserk Gene doubles the stat. Even if my first idea doesnt work, I'll forget Hard Stone, and just remember that Defense Curl allows Rollout to start with double the base stat(30), and so it will go 60, 120, 240, 480, 960.

(I may have made an error in here, but the situation stands as best)

Can anyone beat this?

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:05 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa, I think I found even more.

If you use the previous formula I stated, and replace it with Ledian... But the Hard Stone was stolen from another pokemon...

105 min Def.

Max damage, without CH is 36300.

CH is 72600.

What if Bide was used? Or Counter?

The Ledian could survive with Focus Band!

So, without Counter/Bide, My last post's example is the top.

WITH Bide/Counter, it goes even higher. Although this leads to the impossible; Bide damage can be COuntered, Correct?

Let's try this (Providing Bide dmg cannot be countered):

Rhydon does 72600 damage on the last turn to Ledian, but it was Biding for the past several turns, the past 2, in fact, and survived via Focus Band.

All the attacks here CH.

So, base damage went 60, 120, 240, 480, 960.

Using 240(Hard Stone makes it 264) and 480(Hard Stone = 528) in the formula, we get...

18168 and 36312

So, 18168 + 36312 + 72600 = (EDIT) 127080! x 2 = 254160

OUCH!

Now, let's assume Counter can reflect this.

Here WAS what happened:

D: Bide
R: ROllout x3

D: Biding
R: Rollout x4

D: Biding
R: Rollout x5

D: Release Bide(You'd have to use Focus Band to survive....that would lower our damage, but it is still over 400,000 damage!)
R: Counter (OOOOOOUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHH!!!)

Well, I'm not doing the EXACT damage for this, but my examples are BY FAR the most damage dealt, in a single blow (Rollout x5 vs Yanma, Bide by Delibird, or Counter by Rhydon) although it takes a lot of luck and would be nearly impossible to actually pull off.

My statements stand.

(I edited the fact that I forgot to show the x2 when Bide doubled, and only showed the max result, skipping the 127080)
------------------
Lone Wolf

[This message has been edited by LanderZRPG (edited 07-22-2001).]

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:06 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just one problem Lander...

Defense Curl alters your stats, so you can't use it.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 06:08 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
Just one problem Lander...

[b]4. No moves that alter stats (like Swords Dance) can take effect.

Defense Curl alters your stats, so you can't use it.

[/B]

Very good point, but even just attacking Yanma/Delibird instead of Ledian does more damage.

Sorry I forgot that, but the situation stands.

------------------
Lone Wolf

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 07:16 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, the best I could get w/ specAtts was 3288, so I s'pose that's out..
quote:
Surfer: Jolt u can steal items with thief even though your already holding one the item your holding is replaced with the item stolen by theif
Where'd ya get that? I'm next to positive that ya can't... anyway, so on to physical, I'm not even touching that counter stuff.. Rhydon w/ Beserk Gene, vs. Delibird w/ min def of 95. Aforementioned Thief method to get hard stone. No def. curl. I'm coming out w/ 58744 CH damage, 30096 w/o CH. Basically Lander's w/o the Def Curl, he of course gets credit .. I s'pose I'll try and figure out the bide crap #s too...

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 07:29 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, inserting ledian in, the last 3 hits by Rhydon, (no hard stone, he stole a focus band this time) w/ CHs (I'm assuming those are allowed, contest rules didn't state no..) are 48316, 24160, and 12084. Ledian gets lucky w/ focus band, survives it all and bides 'em back at him for a grand total of 169120, which rhydon survives and manages to counter back for 338240 damage. Only problem is that I think counter would really only nail back for the actual # of HP rhydon lost and bide probably the same (considerably less), but in theory...

------------------
-MK

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 07:39 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*runs in*

Rhydon can not learn Thief.

It can, however, learn Mimic, which would allow it to copy Thief.

*runs away*

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 10:39 AM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't steal with Thief if you already hold an item. But NW1, you're pretty close.

Jolt u can steal items with thief even though your already holding one the item your holding is replaced with the item stolen by theif

Y'all are both wrong. Well, Jolt's half right... but the Berserk Gene disappears once it's utilized, and so the slot's free for another item. Surfer, you're just wrong.

------------------
!

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 11:31 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Iím officially ending this contest now. I just ran the numbers, and it turned out that there is a better solution than the one I first had. My original solution was:
You have Rhydon@berserk gene, enemy has minimum-stat Yanma. (Yanmaís Defense is 10 points lower than Ledianís.) Hit with a turn-5 Rollout (Since only one variable is allocated to a moveís base damage, its base power is 255 instead of 480; this also prevents endless Fury Cutter chains) for up to 18918 damage with a crit-hit or 9696 damage without.

But since then, I have found a better solution (and it even finds a second loophole with the wording, this one unintended!)
You have Heracross@berserk gene Endure/Reversal/Toxic/anything (attack 348)
Opponent has Blissey@quick claw Psychic/Softboiled(full PP Ups)/2 useless moves (defense 25)
Start by having Blissey use Psychic until Heracross can Endure a hit to get to 1HP. Then, let Heracross use Toxic. The highest HP possible on a Blissey with defense 25 is 682 (have all other DVs be odd, for an HP DV of 11, and use 10 HP Ups). At 682 HP, Toxic damage increases by 42 HP every turn. Therefore, have Blissey use Softboiled every turn once itís poisoned, and blow some time on Heracross by wasting Toxics. This way, Blissey can survive for 11 turns against Toxic damage. On the 11th turn, for the purposes of maximizing damage, have the Quick Claw take effect on Blisseyís Softboiled. It will then suffer 462 Toxic damage, down to 104 HP. (The puzzle is damage dealt to the opponent THIS TURN, and Blisseyís half of the turn counts too. After all, YOUR Pokemon used Toxic!) With Heracross at 1HP, use Reversal. It gets STAB, Berserk Gene, and a 200 base. This translates to up to 14037 damage on a normal hit, or 27399 for a crit-hit. Add on the Toxic damage that was dealt this turn for a maximum of 27,861 damage! And there are people who still use Blissey?

------------------

LanderZRPG
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 12:11 PM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if you're playing THAT way, I can beat that.

Get the Heracross to 1 HP, and Blissey Toxiced.

Then, have an Alakazam come out, use Future Sight.

Get Heracross back, and make sure it's all timed correctly so that F-Sight, Reversal, AND Toxic all hit. There, more damage was just dealt in ONE turn.

Of course, Blissey could use Counter on the Reversal....either way, I think there are near infinite possibilities to how to increase damage as such.

------------------
Lone Wolf

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 12:19 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blissey would get OHKO'd if hit by Reversal, so it wouldn't be able to Counter. And with Focus Band, Counter could only do 1130 damage (Blissey starts at 566 before that turn). I'm still surprised that no one even THOUGHT of a 52-Fury Cutter-chain (which, of course, has already been disproved by me.)

------------------

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-23-2001 12:21 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Future Sight wouldn't take effect until after both attacks, and Reversal kills Blissey before Future Sight even has a chance to kick in. Now get rid of all your Blisseys.

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 12:46 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You get more damage if you use Chansey instead of Blissey.

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 01:33 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jolt135:
2. Both Pokemon must be fully evolved.

------------------
<timmy> WHaT YOU HAVe STELLLLLUGAIA!!!!! HOw DID YOU GeT HIM!

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 11:30 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute, I think Iíll try to expand on my new optimum answer:
*tests to see if two Pokemon can Thief the same Berserk Gene back and forth*
*Berserk Gene does indeed disappear upon use*
Oh wait. That still provides for a better answer:

Marowak (13 Attack DV, of course) starts with Berserk Gene and, when it disappears, uses Thief to steal a Thick Club. It then Mimics Rollout and hits turn 5 against that minimum-stat Yanma...oh wait, thatís not even 20,000 (remember, the highest base damage any attack can have is 255). Okay, maybe Mimic Reversal and use that trick against Blissey that I mentioned in an earlier post...*runs the numbers* Thatís 27,124 damage, just 737 short of the Heracross total! But wait...Machamp Mimics a Reversal, starts with Berserk Gene and Thiefs Black Belt before letting Toxic-Softboiled do its job (be sure to Endure to get to 1HP) for 10 turns. Then, Reversal the 11th turn. And wait...Blissey doesnít need Quick Claw to go first against Machamp, so attach Leftovers and you can get an extra Toxic turn (for 504 on the final turn, instead of 462) That would be...*checks some more calculations* 31003 for a crit-hit Reversal plus 504 Toxic, for a new grand total of 31,507. Biding/Countering doesnít work that way (only on damage actually taken, not on what it would be if Focus Band didnít save), so that sounds like the highest anyone will get.

Oh, wait...
Another Pokemon holding a Berserk Gene starts, and immediately BPís to Machamp (who holds another Berserk Gene, maxing out Attack at 1023), who continues as described above for up to 44799 damage. But that kind of bends the rules. In fact, Iím banning such an approach because the first Pokemon used a move (Baton Pass) that directly altered Machampís stats (due to Berserk Gene). Note that Thiefing a Black Belt is still legal, as Black Belt does not alter stats but rather the Pokemonís Fighting-type movesí power. If Thiefing Berserk Gene were possible, I would not allow that because itís using a move that is responsible for increasing its Attack stat. By the same token, that Marowak suggestion is now illegal.

The contest is now re-opened! (Not that I think anyone will top 31507, but just making sure. And if Meowth346 beats it, remind me to smash my N64 with a hammer.)

------------------

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 08:25 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Chansey using Take Down on Shuckle.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-24-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scenario

Snorlax %Pink Bow - DVs: 15/15/15/15 - Stat EXP = All
Self-Destruct
Rest
Double-Edge
Earthquake

Blissey %Mint Berry - DVs: 0/0/15/0 - Stat EXP = none
Swagger
Soft-Boiled
Double-Edge
Metronome

All damage is calculated at maximum damage in this battle. Confusion's damage is 40 as from what I've heard.
---------------------------------------------
Blissey used Swagger!
Snorlax's Attack rose greatly!
Snorlax became confused!
Snorlax hurt itself in confusion!
Blissey - 713/713
Snorlax - 428/523

Blissey used Swagger!
Snorlax hurt itself in confusion!
Blissey - 713/713
Snorlax - 286/523

Blissey used Swagger!
Snorlax is confused no more!
Snorlax used Self-Destruct!
A critical hit!
42X999X440/25/50+2*1.5*2(CH)*255/255=44313

Blissey fainted!
Snorlax fainted!
---------------------------------------------
Swaggering not legal to this contest? Then replace Blissey's Swagger with Pound, and have Snorlax BP'd with three Swords Dances and one agility.

In game though, this will only do 997 damage maximum, since the damage cap is 997.

------------------
HIHI!

[This message has been edited by Sonuis (edited 07-24-2001).]

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 12:17 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

The contest is now re-opened! (Not that I think anyone will top 31507, but just making sure. And if Meowth346 beats it, remind me to smash my N64 with a hammer.)

Top 31507, eh? How about blowing it away?

Battle starts with Porygon2 vs 0-DV, 0-stat exp Hard Stone Blissey.

Porygon2 does Converion,
Blissey Mimics it.

Porygon2 switches out for Rhydon, Blissey converts into something weak against Rock.

Rhydon's Berserk gene activates. Blissey does Sing, which fails, to pass time. Rhydon uses Thief to steal the Hard Stone.

Blissey wastes a turn with Sing, which fails, Rhydon uses Defense Curl.

Blissey repeatedly Endures, while Rhydon does a 5-turn Rollout.

Final Rollout is 1056 power, STABbed, *2 effective, and 716 Attack against 25 Defense. Azure damage calculator doesn't let you enter 4-digit numbers for atatck/def/level/power, so iu ran the numbers without the hard stone.

69,290 max for a normal HardStoneless attack and 135,276 for a CH. And that's lower than the actual result -- with Hard Stone, those numbers are about 10% higher.

And you could add in Toxic too, just for fun.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 12:23 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atma:
Rhydon uses Defense Curl.

quote:

------------------
-MK

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 01:55 AM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Atma must consider the fact that Rollout can only make 255 Base Damage maximum, according to this post of course.

------------------
I magically stop topics because I try to use proper grammar and make sense. Sue me if you care about this.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 11:27 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Another error on my behalf!

It seems that a CH Reversal is impossible.

So, after scrapping all impossibilities, the highest total that I find valid thus far is 18,936, a slight variation of the target answer I had in the first place. The only thing to change is: When Yanma enters, it is poisoned. The highest HP on a 95-defense Yanma is 302 (see reasoning behind Blissey), yielding Toxic damage of +18 each turn. Yanma comes in after you KOíd on the fourth Rollout turn. (Bringing Yanma in earlier to increase Toxic damage wonít work, because then it would have to be hit by the fourth Rollout turn which OHKOs it. If you try Focus Band, it has 1HP and would be KOíd by the poison before the fifth turn has a chance to hit, and using Protect, Rollout has to start over at turn 1.) The most poison damage Yanma would thus survive is a mere 18, before Rollout hits for 18918 (see my earlier post for this). Total: 18936. Using Delibird instead of Yanma would give you a maximum HP of 263 with a 95 defense, leaving you 2 points short because of the decreased damage from poison. Thiefing Hard Stone after Berserk Geneís disappearance wonít help any, because it only increases a moveís power, and Rollout turn 5 is already a maximized 255.

I just realized something else. Someone might argue ďItís in a battle on the GS Trainer House. Items arenít moves. Therefore, use six X Attacks and continue that process.Ē To eliminate this, I am adding a new rule:

5. The sequence used must be possible on Stadium 2.

So, the time limit is officially removed. See if you can beat 18936. I will check every so often to see if impossible sequences are used, and disqualify them (the sequences, not the posters).

------------------

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 04:05 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
[b]5. The sequence used must be possible on Stadium 2.

So, the time limit is officially removed. See if you can beat 18936. I will check every so often to see if impossible sequences are used, and disqualify them (the sequences, not the posters).
[/B]

So then, wouldn't my 44313 be legal?

------------------
I magically stop topics because I try to use proper grammar and make sense. Sue me if you care about this.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-25-2001 05:10 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What the hell is this 255 cap on base damage? I've don't recall ever hearing anything about this, and all the rollout topics on this board show caps of 999, fury cutter 160 (showing that dif moves have different caps), can someone verify this?

------------------
-MK

[This message has been edited by Random Loser (edited 07-25-2001).]

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 07:44 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not sure where this 255 max for Rollout came from either; every other source I've seen says 480. Perhaps the person who originally made the claim (Jolt135) could enlighten us as to where he heard it...

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-26-2001 08:02 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Various rollout topics...
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000541.html
http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000586.html
Between those and this one, I'm seeing Jolt reporting 255 cap, white cat calling a 480 cap, and automan saying 999.. ??? Anybody care to clarify this? (No, this post didn't really add anything, I just thought I'd put the links up for easy access.)

------------------
-MK

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 04:32 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Automaton's statement in one of those threads that the STAB Rollout base damage would be capped to 999 is incorrect, because STAB is a seperate value that's multiplied in later in the damage calculation.

Here's a question I posed in this thread:

Does [Defense Curl] double the power of all the Rollouts (i.e. the pattern is 60, 120, 240, 480, 960) or start you one further ahead in the cycle (i.e. the pattern is 60, 120, 240, 480) or just double the first Rollout (i.e. the pattern is 60, 60, 120, 240, 480)?

I've been meaning to test this for months...

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

Dark_Herakurosu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1677

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 05:22 AM      Profile for Dark_Herakurosu   Author's Homepage   Email Dark_Herakurosu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure it just doubles the first Rollout. And with STAB, shouldn't it be 33, 66, etc?

------------------
"What's that?"
"What? It's just a cigarette!"
"Cigarette? Dat's Cigaweed!"

From: the wreckage of Indianapolis | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 07:55 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're confusing STAB with the item boost. It's 50%, not 10%.

I finally did some real testing on this; see my forthcoming topic for the results.

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokťmon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.