The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » S-danced or Swaggered Marowak With thick Club

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: S-danced or Swaggered Marowak With thick Club
Espeon
Farting Nudist
Member # 1713

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:49 AM      Profile for Espeon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If maro has 260 attack nad has thick club attached to it, its attack will be 520, right.
If the opponent uses swagger , or u use swords dance, will maros attack be like really high or will it go back to real low?

------------------

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 05:20 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first and foremost question.

How does Marowak get this 260 Attack?

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 02:39 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, Marowak can only reach 258 attack, which totals to 516 Max. If your attacks gets doubled and hits 1,204+, Marowak's attack gets set to 1.

------------------
HIHI!

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 05:14 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
They may have fixed that glitch in Pokémon Stadium G/S. So, battle with a Marowak on Stadium and not gameboy link cable.
LavosPhoenix
Farting Nudist
Member # 1865

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 08:47 PM      Profile for LavosPhoenix   Email LavosPhoenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't that be 1024+ Attack?

------------------
*Hugs his Shiny Nuke*
*Licks his Stick 'O Molasses!*

From: Collinsville, Illinois (Just east of St. Louis) | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Espeon
Farting Nudist
Member # 1713

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 12:58 AM      Profile for Espeon     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maths lessons ,

+516
______

^_^

------------------

Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 01:44 PM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So therefore, you give him DVs of 15, 13, 15, 15, 15. :P

Problem solved. Unless you either stupidly Sowrds Dance twice, or you Dance, then get Swagged.

But only Fanha's possible of either of those two.

------------------
OMG IAN GARVEY WTF!!!111

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 08:09 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If Marowak's attack gets above 1023, it drops by 1024 points.

So if he's at 400 Attack (200 + thick club), after two swaggers, boom, he reaches 1200, which the GB interprets as 1200-1024=176.

If he has the max of 516 Attack (258 + thick club), after one swagger he's at 1032, boom, drops to 8.

But if he has the optimal Attack of 508 (254 + thick club), after one swagger he's at 1016, which is NOT ENOUGH TO ROLLOVER! It takes a second swagger, putting him at 1524, but by then he's so high in Attack that the rolover leaves him at 1000 -- a mere 8 points below his original Attack.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 07-20-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Atma:
But if he has the optimal Attack of 508 (254 + thick club), after one swagger he's at 1016, which is NOT ENOUGH TO ROLLOVER! It takes a second swagger, putting him at 1524, but by then he's so high in Attack that the rolover leaves him at 1000 -- a mere 8 points below his original Attack.

Ummm...maybe it's just a mathematical mistake or a typo, but doesn't the rollover leave him with 500, not 1000. 500 is 8 less than 508.
I'm sorry. Please don't take this too harshly. I just wanted to point it out.

------------------
I'm too lazy to make a sig.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 10:52 AM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe that this is a glitch in the game, and not a designed block. 1024 in Hex is 400. When you divide that by 4, it becomes 100. Only the only available space for Attack is 1 byte long. Since it is to small to fit, it simply ignores the first character (1) and uses the 00. That is where the stat reset comes in. Since it is a memory problem, I don't think this is a problem on Stadium 2, because it has more memory to work with.

Also I have a question. I used the /4 thing in a Damage Calculator I was making and then tested it versus a Stadium 2 battle. I did a lot more damage than my calculator predicted. I changed the code to take out the /4 and it worked perfectly. I don't have another Gameboy to test this, but is everyone out there sure that It divides by for if your attack is over 255. I can't accurately test that on my game because I can't view the actuall numbers of enemy damage. Can someone help me out.

------------------
Email: mleo2003@hotmail.com

Visit my Strategy Page on my Site:
Matt's Strat Page

Have fun and make yourself at home.

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 05:28 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Turbo X:
Ummm...maybe it's just a mathematical mistake or a typo, but doesn't the rollover leave him with 500, not 1000. 500 is 8 less than 508.
I'm sorry. Please don't take this too harshly. I just wanted to point it out.

Oops, yes, 500 not 1000.

*slips Turbo X a nugget when no one's looking*

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.