next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Calculating HP

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Calculating HP
Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 01:29 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, well, i understand most of that stuff about DVs in general. However, there is one question that i need answered: How do you calculate a pokemon's H P?

I know it is based on the pokemon's attack and defense DV, but how is it related?

Please help me!

(This is my first post, so please don't flame me. If this question has turned up before, please post a link. Thanks!)

------------------

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-14-2001 02:44 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
People hardly ever flame new people here. I made a chart:
code:

Defense Attack
0,4,8,12 1,5,9,13 2,6,10,14 3,7,11,15
0,4,8,12 Fighting Rock Fire Psychic
1,5,9,13 Flying Bug Water Ice
2,6,10,14 Poison Ghost Grass Dragon
3,7,11,15 Ground Steel Electric Dark

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 03:03 PM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did you mean Hit Points or Hidden Power?
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 05:00 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G'day,

The best I can understand so far is that you will need perfect stats in a "wild pokemon" with defense and specials at level 50 to give you the best chance.

If you catch a "wild pokemon" with perfect stats in defense and special - say at level 10 - you can check its "wild" stats at level 50 if you use 40 "rare candies"(example), It's only a check so do not save the game.

If it does "Max out" for "wild pokemon status", then you will know you have a decent Poke to keep;-) Any other Max's are a bonus - maybe.....

It appears it would be handy to have 2 or more 'Maxed Out" Ditto's in defense and special's for breeding purposes _ ST GEORGE JUST GOT HIT BY A "CONFUSION RAY" ON POSITIONS for these deviates????.

Again, these Stats have to be Ok at level 50 - so check (only).

To answer your Question "Calculating HP" - from what I gather the rest is Random, meaning that you have no control over the egg laid other than the important "Stats" mentioned above. There are other rules if you have read Meowth's research, however, this is only a basic insight.

I am like you, the journey has just begun - and believe me - my journey is going to be long, from what the kids indicate to me.

My best advice is to "Catch Plenty and Bonk Hard chewing gum at the same time" - sounds like my youth ........

The Gym Leaders of this world will correct any mis-guided information. I hope.....

Regards,

St.George

------------------
Joker: "Riddle me this Batman!"

Batman: "You're a rare lady, Catwoman, you're right on time."

Catwoman: "I could give you more happiness than anyone in the world."

Batman: "How do you propose to do that?"

Catwoman: "By being your partner in life, I mean it's me and you against the world."

Batman: "What about Robin?"

From: Quensland Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-14-2001 05:17 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm pretty sure he means Hidden Power, since it involves both the Attack and Defense DVs.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 05:40 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OOOOPPPPSSSS!!!!! Sorry people.

I meant Hit Points. Sorry for the confusion.

Is it true that it is random? Thanks for replying people.

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 06:05 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, HP is like DVs, and random, atleast in a way to some extent.

The DV of HP is based on the other 4 DVs (attack, defense, speed, and special).

Start with zero.
If the attack DV is odd, +8
If the defense DV is odd, +4
If the speed DV is odd, +2
If the special DV is odd, +1

So, if you have the following DVs

Attack 5
Defense 2
Speed 3
Special 7

Since Attack, Speed, and Special are odd, you add +8 +2 +1 to give you an HP (hit points) DV of 11.

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 02:02 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thansk MK, for your explanation.

Darnit, my Fire Power Espeon will have a HP DV of 3. Yuck.

Oh well, it can't be helped. Thanks for your explanations, people!

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No prob.
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 07:17 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The DV of HP is based on the other 4 DVs (attack, defense, speed, and special).

The defense and special at Max. (level 50 to be sure) is a must in Meowth's formula and the rest is random. Are you indicating that if I breed a perfect Stat poke in defense and special with a perfect Stat poke in attack and and speed - I have a better chance of producing an egg with perfect stats, as long as the values for attack, defense, special and speed are odd?? Of course the sex of the egg produced has a huge influence.

It's not your fault, but my interpretation of the data available. For example:

Start with zero.
If the attack DV is odd, +8
If the defense DV is odd, +4
If the speed DV is odd, +2
If the special DV is odd, +1

So, if you have the following DVs

Attack 5
Defense 2
Speed 3
Special 7

Since Attack, Speed, and Special are odd, you add +8 +2 +1 to give you an HP (hit points) DV of 11.

The data above shows defense is even, therefore, are you saying that denfense - being even - does not come into the calculation of perfect H.P. for a bred Pokeling and If defense was odd, it could of have produced a better chance of producing the perfect Poke???

St George

------------------
And I thought size did not matter....

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 10:25 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
St. George, this is what I think it is:

HP starts out as 0.
IF attack = odd, then ADD 8 (to the DV of 0)
IF defense = odd, then ADD 4
IF speed = odd, then ADD 2
IF special =odd, then ADD 1

Therefore, if the pokemon is a Ditto, then the hatchling will whatever defense Ditto has. The special MUST be 7 or 15 to have a 15 for the special stat. Attack and Speed are Random.

Therefore, if the Ditto has a defense DV of 15, and a special DV of 15, then there is a 1/225 chance that you will get the perfect poke. (the odds of 15 times 15 for attack and speed, respectively)

Hope that that clears things up for you.

*Edit* Changed 8 to 7
------------------

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant Aerodactyl (edited 07-15-2001).]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:09 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But that's assuming you already have the Defense and Special you want. Let me dumb it down.

Ok, when you breed a Pokémon with Ditto, the baby hatchling will automatically obtain dittos Defense DV. That is why you want Ditto's DV to be 15 (the best it can be).

The Special DV is either exactly what Ditto's is, or +/- 8 of that number. If I understand it right, let's say Ditto has a DV of 15, then the baby's Special DV will either be 15 or "7" [not 8] (a 50-50 chance of either one). So, if your Ditto has a defense DV of 15 and a Special DV or either 7 or 15, then, you're on the way...

Now, Attack and Speed DVs for the baby are totally random, so, when using this ditto for breeding the odds of getting perfect 15s in all categories are...

1 out of 450.

Source: http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum1/HTML/000916.html

-MK

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:34 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ooopppss!!! i meant 7, not 8. My bad.

Yep, MK, you're right.

------------------

St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 11:40 AM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks all for clearing that up ;-)

St George

------------------
And I thought size did not matter....

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.