The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Roar! but please do not go away

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Roar! but please do not go away
Sean1952
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1902

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for Sean1952   Email Sean1952   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have seen Roar fail when used against my pokemon by wild pokemon. Does anyone know what could increase the odds in my favor of this happening? High Level pokemon? Type differences? *Item held*? Any real data at all would help. Sean

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

From: chino, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Preacher
Farting Nudist
Member # 1600

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 01:37 PM      Profile for Preacher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anything that alters EvAcc such as double team, sand attack etc.

------------------
. I've been here a lot longer than a month. I had read before I registered so don't think I just started coming in February. Jerk.

Linkin2874 on discovering the maturbatory goodness of Azure Heights

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 03:31 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a wild Pokémon uses Roar on your Pokémon, it forces you to switch to another Pokémon in your party, I think.

-MK

Sean1952
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1902

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2001 05:12 PM      Profile for Sean1952   Email Sean1952   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, Roar makes your pokemon flee, and stops you from catching/fainting that pokemon. I am trying to catch Entei and such and they Roar alot. I could keep throwing balls at them, but they keep going away even with mean look.

Thank you all for the good advice for catching pokemon.
Sean

...so confusion does not add to the chance of catching a pokemon?

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

From: chino, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
naraht
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1997

Rate Member
posted 07-16-2001 03:31 AM      Profile for naraht   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mean Look, and other "holding" moves won't hold a roar-er. A Wrap/Fire Spin/Etc. Move will. Best advice, spore/sleep powder/sing/hyp./etc to put the fast little buugger to sleep, Get him down to one HP, and start chucking Fast/Heavy/Level(if your pokemon are high enough leveled/Master (If you got lucky w/Lucky Numbers) and start thinking up names.

Speaking of Catching Legendaries, what were people's stradegy's in R/B/Y?

Mine was use Lapras to Put Articuno to sleep, then use an electric to kill the HP, and Ultra Ball, then Use Articuno to Ice Beam Zapdos & Moltres...

------------------

From: Lubbock, TX, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 07:08 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A Wrap/Fire Spin/Etc. Move will [hold a Roar-er].

I highly doubt that. Have you tested it?

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 01:56 PM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by naraht:
Speaking of Catching Legendaries, what were people's stradegy's in R/B/Y?

Hmmm... Well, I had Gloom at a pretty high level for what it was, I think 64 against Zapdos, so I evolved him and used Sleep Powder, then I switched out to Charizard, or whatever starter Pokemon I had, and then nailed him down to low HP, if he woke up, I switched to Gloom again and used Powder. Then I used Zapdos to catch the other two using the same method with Gloom.

But that was my starter strategy... When I got Yellow, I trnasferred all my shit on to that game, and hence had no problem with a lvl 100 Egg putting the birds to sleep, and then Solar Beaming their ass...

The hardest of all hard Pokemon to catch was definitely Tauros. You had around 1% chance of finding him, and then one chance to catch him with a ball, 2 or 3 if you were lucky. He wouldn't stick about after that. :P

------------------
OMG IAN GARVEY WTF!!!111

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Unown27
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1838

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for Unown27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Iyse - Just like Scyther

------------------
If you want to know who I am, then decode one of these messages:
1) 618423143
2) Hona said grr as incubators fed

From: None of your business | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 07-30-2001 12:24 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I caught me lugia when he was furzun

------------------
Beware the Dynasty! Listen To Uncle!

"Together for ever, no matter how long"
-Dragonite to Flareon

IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.