The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Ball throw moves, which are statistically good?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ball throw moves, which are statistically good?
Sean1952
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1902

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2001 11:50 AM      Profile for Sean1952   Email Sean1952   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I also had a problem with Ho-oh in Gold. A friend got it in 3 balls, 2 great balls followed by a ultra ball. I have always wondered if there was something special in the ball pattern.

Also there are many different tricks to hit the buttons, and you might as well use all the ones that are posted, as your luck is as bad as mine. But I would like to know if there were any statictically checked out best way to hit the buttons.
Sean
I

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

From: chino, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 03:28 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It was liable to just be luck/chance that what happened happened. No ball order should matter. It should all boil down to the odds which as the other person already posted.. on this page...

http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/formulas/catch.htm

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-12-2001 04:06 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, there are no tricks with the button. It's all in the luck.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Sean1952
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1902

Rate Member
posted 07-12-2001 05:20 PM      Profile for Sean1952   Email Sean1952   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There is not a bonas for Fast ball vs the Cats/Dogs like Entei? I am surprised!

This according to www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/formulas/catch.htm

------------------
IMHO,
Sean

From: chino, ca, usa | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 07-12-2001 08:02 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth346 lost his data for Fast Ball a long time ago, and can only be sure on those 3 Pokemon there. It does indeed affect more Pokemon, but the names of those Pokemon are at this stage unknown to many people.

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 06:48 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I caught my Silver game Lugia with a single Lure Ball.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
kelv
Farting Nudist
Member # 843

posted 07-26-2001 07:18 PM      Profile for kelv   Email kelv   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if Magnemite, Grimer, and Tangela aren't the only three with the fast ball, maybe, just like the Heavy Ball, the base speed of the Pokemon might have to be above a certain bar for it to have the increased odds.

After all, why is it that Muk doesn't get the catch bonus as Grimer?

------------------

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-27-2001 09:53 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Fast Ball is nothing to do with speed.
It is for Pokemon that have a tendancy to run away from you, which Grimer does and Muk does not.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-28-2001 05:05 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Grimer can run away from you; I'm not sure about Muk.

------------------
"The Holocaust was an obscene period in our nation's history. I mean in this century's history. But we all lived in this century. I didn't live in this century."
-- Al Gore

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.