The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Is it possible to breed a perfect Stat. Pokemon??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is it possible to breed a perfect Stat. Pokemon??
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone has or if it is possible to breed a perfect Stat pokemon using say a untrained perfect "H.P." pokemon with untrained perfect "Speed" pokemon to get a sibling or pokeling with perfect untrained "H.P." and "Speed" - until all Stats. are covered over a few generations??

Regards,

St George

------------------

From: Quensland Australia | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2001 08:36 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to get a perfect max DV Pokémon through breeding... yes it is. But can it take time, you bet ya. Let me give you some information that might help get you on your way...

The stats the baby Pokémon get are part random and part from it's parents. The best way to do what you are wanting to do is to use a Ditto and another Pokémon. The cool thing about breeding is that when you breed with a Ditto, the baby will get WHATEVER DV Ditto's Defense was. So you want the Ditto to have a DV of 15 (which is the best possible). As for the attack, speed, and special stats, they are random I believe (or something like that) so you really can't control them, but you can control defense. So, just keep breeding over and over and maybe eventually you will get a perfect max DV Pokémon. Realize that I may be totally wrong on this, but the odds of this might be 1 out of 64, but, I could easily be wrong.

-MK

EDIT: P.S. Two Pokémon that have the same defense DV will refuse to breed with each other. Since the baby Pokémon you get will have the same defense as the parent Ditto did, the baby will refuse to breed with it's parent Ditto.

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 07-06-2001).]

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 07-06-2001 09:34 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stat experience of the parents has no effect on the genes of the baby pokemon. It is required that the parent passing the genes must have a defense gene of 15 and a special gene of either 7 or 15 in order to be able to breed for a baby with max genes. The probability of getting a max gene baby is 1/512.

------------------
"Extensive testing has proven that he's the best leek-wielding ninja duck in the game, and I stand by that." -Versus Books on Farfetch'd

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 11:45 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
spunman, just to content my curiousness, could you elaborate a little (explain into more detail what you talkin bout)? Thanks,

-MK

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-09-2001 09:14 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
damn, i used 8s instead of 16s! incompetent's math is correct.

more detail:

the necessary parent for absolute max stats would normally be a mother or ditto, since you'll normally be breeding for a male and male hatchlings always get the mother's genes. in the case of all female hatchlings (miltank, chansey, etc.), you'll need a father or ditto with the necessary genes.

the genes needed in the parent are defense of 15 and special of 7 or 15. this is because defense is always inherited, raising chances to 1 in 4,096 for a max gene hatchling. special is inherited with a 50% chance of being +/-8, so a parent with 7 or 15 special (doesn't matter) will beget a hatchling with 7 or 15 special. this raises the chances of a max gene hatchling to 1 in 512. speed and attack are totally random.

attack determines the hatchling's gender (where applicable), but there is still a 1 in 16 chance of having the desired attack gene (in this case a gene of 15), so the hatchling's species and that species' chances of being male or female do not alter your chances of getting a max gene hatchling.

the hp gene is determined using the four "real" genes, so it does not alter your chances either. if the other genes are max, the hp gene will be max as well.

as you should see by now, your chances of getting a specific gene maxed do depend on the species' chances of being male or female, but total max genes do not. for a cleffa, breeding a mother with the necessary genes to get a max gene male baby still has the 1 in 512 chance of the max gene hatchling, but does not necessarily have the 1 in 4 chance of a max hp hatchling as would be the case if the parent used were a ditto. instead, since 75% of all hatchlings will be female, that 75% will depend on the father's genes. if the father has odd defense and special genes, 1 in 4 hatchlings will still have max hp. if either of those two genes in the father is even, only 1 in 16 hatchlings (the males) will have max hp.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"hi, i'm spunman. i lost my pinkies in a chees grater accident, so i can't capitalize any words at all. i can place punctuation and apostrophizes." - biffster

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2001 12:45 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks spunman!

-MK who is awake

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 03:27 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EDIT: P.S. Two Pokémon that have the same defense DV will refuse to breed with each other.

No, they only refuse to breed if their Defense and Special genes are the same. This means there is a 50% chance of a Pokemon being able to breed with its parent.

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-10-2001 04:41 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, they only refuse to breed if their Defense and Special genes are the same. This means there is a 50% chance of a Pokemon being able to breed with its parent.

Actually, the refuse to breed if their Defense is the same, and their Special is the same, or +/-8 of the other's Special, preventing breeding with a parent. Or so my research's shown.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 05:15 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When you say a special gene +/- 8 of each other that means that if the ditto has special of DV/IV 7, that, it will not breed with anything having same defense and a special of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, or in otherwords any DV/IV for this case. So I guess that if the special DV/IV of the ditto was 15, then I guess anything with special 0 - 6 would work right? But not 7+?
St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 07:45 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi,

I still have some problems understanding Meowth346 formula. I have since visited his/her/? site since the original post and would like some things clarified.

The Ditto (level 10) caught has values of;

Hp 30 (wild Max is 32) - random
Attack 16 (wild Max is 17) - random
Defense 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Special Attack 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Special Defense 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Speed 17 (wild Max is 17) - random

One of the Questions I have to ask is how do you convert these IV values to Meowth346's formula?

e.g.

Defense is 17 at level 10, but Meowths' formula states that 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 (A), 11 (B), 12 (C), 13 (D), 14 (E), 15 (F) has to used - with 15 (f) being ideal for defense and specials for breeding.

Because Defense is 17 and because it is above 15, does this make it an (F)??? or is the formula rated for a Level 5 Ditto ???

Is there any way of knowing the random value for (X,Y) other than the hatched egg produced?

I am a self-confessed stratigest Dad who wants to teach the kids about math in a game they really like. I want to build a "perfect pokemon team" that they will find very hard to beat. Besides, I like the game and look forward to the challenge with the kids.

My initial thoughts for the first member of the team is GOLDUCK or maybe Lapras.

With Ice Beam, Psychic, Surf and either Dig or Hidden Power with a Ground move. Logic tells me Golduck, but, Lapras has higher Hp ????. The team will be mostly be Water based to establish a theme with a surprise or two. To clarify why I think Golduck would be better is beacause he learns IceBeam which is 100% efficient and has 95 damage, Surf (100% efficient) for an 50% extra damage component (water pokemon), Psychic (100% efficient) to do good damage in general and Golduck has the ability to learn Dig or Hidden power with a ground move - if bred properly, this could be handy against the electric type which is his weakness - Ice beam to wipe out Grass pokemon.

The team will comprise mostly of pokemon with the best 100% hit ratio with the highest damage effect on their moves with a last move being defensive - possibly.
e.g. Golduck with Dig - even though it is an attacking defense.

ATTACK is the best form of DEFENSE......(not sure, but this is what happens in real life.)

Regards,

St George

------------------
Robin: "It's amazing someone hasn't already reported this place to the police."
Batman: "It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions."
Robin: "Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes."

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 10:02 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I understand that this can be confusing, but don't you worry, MK can help.

Anyway, the stats you see of your Pokémon when you look at their stats on your GameBoy on totally different from the numbers Meowth346 is talking about. Let me try to explain.

If you went to a place with let's say, alot of level 15 Zubat. Catch them and look at their stats. You will notice they are different. Some have better stats than others in different fields (speed, defense, etc..) but why is that? It is because of DVs. A "DV" is what determines this strength in different Pokémon. A DV has a range of 0 - 15. Since 0 is a possible DV that is 16 numbers.

For more clarification, and a better explaination (don't worry, when I began getting into DVs it can be a little overwhelming) check out the following link.

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/

Once there check out all the different Articles under Compendium. Start with Catching. After reading all of them, if you are still confused post your question here again. Good luck.

-MK

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-11-2001 02:46 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, to avoid further confusion, "DV" is the English fan-made name for the term, while I use the Japanese "IV" (Individual Value), but they mean the exact same term. People also call this term "gene," but it's all the exact same thing.

When I say +/-8, I mean that a Ditto with a Special gene of 2 won't breed with another Pokémon with an equal Defense gene and a Special of 2 or A (2+8=A). If Ditto's Special is 9, then it's an equal Defense gene, and a Special of 9 or 1 (9-8=1).

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 02:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Meowth,
-MK

---------------
"This is not a rebel song, this is the panda!"

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 02:28 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
P.S. Meowth likes the fact that the two shapes of Unown that can possibly be shiny are I and V

-MK

St George
Farting Nudist
Member # 1923

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 04:41 PM      Profile for St George   Email St George   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
G'day,

Let me get this right so that I have the understanding of those who have helped out - by the way, thanks a treat.

If the Ditto I have caught has the I.V's of;

The Ditto (level 10) caught has values of;

Hp 30 (wild Max is 32) - random
Attack 16 (wild Max is 17) - random
Defense 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Special Attack 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Special Defense 17 (wild Max is 17) - defined
Speed 17 (wild Max is 17) - random

And I grow the chewing gum up in either the day-care centre or Rare candies I can the then ascertain an accurate "wild" I.V. at Level 50. Therefore, if this Ditto I have ends up with;

The Ditto (level 50) ends up with values of;

Hp 116 (wild Max is 123) - random
Attack 16 (wild Max is 64) - random
Defense 67 (wild Max is 68) - defined
Special Attack 68 (wild Max is 68) - defined
Special Defense 68 (wild Max is 68) - defined
Speed 68 (wild Max is 68) - random

The Defense I.V. would end up being 14 (E) as it is -1 from the Wild Max range of 53 to 68.

The Special I.V. would end up being 15 (F) as it is the Wild Maximum of 68.

If what I have said is correct, then I am on my way ......... I think...

Regards,

St George

------------------
Robin: "It's amazing someone hasn't already reported this place to the police."
Batman: "It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions."
Robin: "Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes."

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, the refuse to breed if their Defense is the same, and their Special is the same, or +/-8 of the other's Special, preventing breeding with a parent. Or so my research's shown.

Hmph. I wondered if the "bit-flip" might apply to checking breed acceptability, but never bothered to question the common knowledge. Silly me.

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.