The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Fly....Dig....What hurts em?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fly....Dig....What hurts em?
Guigs18
Farting Nudist
Member # 1921

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 10:20 PM      Profile for Guigs18   Email Guigs18   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, since Swift doesn't hit em anymore, what attacks will hit a pokemon while they are flying? What will hit a digger?

------------------

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a Lock on'd move or a mind reader'd move hit. There's also these. the moves Gust and Twister Hit and do double damage if the pokemon is in flight. Also, this info. comes in most handy really, If a pokemon is stuck in dig and the other one does E-quake. It does double damage. *note* never give a fire type dig anymore

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 11:31 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OH!, *slaps forhead* I also forgot to say thunder has a 99.6% chance of hiting when a pokemon is in flight. ^_^; not much help consdering how little Fly and thunder Attack's there are nowadays. oh well, peace*~

------------------

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 11:56 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, Faint Attack will hit if they use Dig or Fly.

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"On July 30, all Crystal movesets will be legal and anyone who says they are illegal are big fat poopy heads." -NickWhiz1

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 06:04 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Magnitude and (I think) Fissure will also hit a Digging Pokémon.

Charizard, Ledyba, and Ledian can Dig without fear of retaliation as long as they're underground. They may be underground, but they're still Flying-types and therefore immune to Ground-type attacks.

[This message has been edited by PikachuThunder (edited 07-05-2001).]

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 09:03 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
umm..so much rules for moves that are barely used nowadays

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-05-2001 10:54 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kingdra The horsea: ...thunder has a 99.6% chance of hiting when a pokemon is in flight.
only if rain dance is in effect. otherwise, its accuracy is the usual 69.5%.

cmsnrub25: Also, Faint Attack will hit if they use Dig or Fly.
damn, i've never even tested that. *jots it down*

PikachuThunder: Magnitude and (I think) Fissure will also hit a Digging Pokémon.
both true, at their usual accuracies, and magnitude does double damage.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Guigs18
Farting Nudist
Member # 1921

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 10:56 PM      Profile for Guigs18   Email Guigs18   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now we r getting a bit of topic with this one but, what are the conditions of fissure? Are they still the same on a digging poke? Or do the chances increase/decrease? And is the level restriction still in effect (i.e. Lower level can not hit a higher level with fissure...EVER)

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-06-2001 08:12 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
fissure's the same, whether digging or not.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 07-06-2001 09:15 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Fly, the user receives double damage from Gust and Twister, but does not receive damage from attacks other than Gust, Thunder, Twister, and Whirlwind.

With Dig, the user receives double damage from Earthquake and Magnitude, but does not receive damage from attacks other than Earthquake, Fissure, and Magnitude.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-08-2001 06:32 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
who receives damage from whirlwind? o_0
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2001 11:28 PM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
who receives damage from whirlwind? o_0

No one. ^_^ But Whirlwind will still work when someone is using Fly (at least according to Stadium 2).

------------------

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 03:21 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
With Fly, the user receives double damage from Gust and Twister

Aww, looks like poor Poccil forgot to plagarize Thunder in that list.

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 07-10-2001 04:44 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those who haven't actually tested it, Faint Attack does not hit Flying nor Digging Pokémon.

--Meowth346

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 07-10-2001).]

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 07-10-2001 10:10 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat: Aww, looks like poor Poccil forgot to plagarize Thunder in that list.

actually, just as thunder doesn't have improved accuracy against fliers, it also doesn't do double damage.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.