The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Contribution research....

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Contribution research....
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 03:54 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When I discovered these secrets by myself I was shocked, SHOCKED and dismayed that Azure didn't beat me in discovering them first.
So, I decided to contribute my knowledge so the site would be more complete.

First, it's Poison;
Everyone says that the status of poison it's useless. I say that those people do not know any better, talking and reaching into conclutions without knowing.
Pokemon it's a game whose design and equilibrium are virtualy perfect and we should not blame ourselves for not being able to comprehend certain unattended parts of it's obvious pure genius.
A good example it's Poison.
You must be able to think far beyond the battle styles we have been subjected to accept. We must break the common dogma, the common idea of how battles "should" be ran.
Now the attention goes to Power Point battles(a.k.a. PP wasters). What does this have to do with Poison? Simple, they key to Poison is it's timing, it always happens at the end of that players turn unless you are replacing a fainted pokemon.
When combined with a Power Point attacker that also has an effect that encourages switching, Poison can be exploited and becomes a dangerous tactic.
For example my chansey moveset Rotten Egg;
Toxic
Tail Whip
Softboiled
Powerful physical attack(Body Slam, Double Edge, etc)

The Tail Whip and the physical attack re a small combo in itself, this says to the opponent "switch or die", placing the opponent in the position between bad and worse. Unless it's a ghost, ofcourse, everything has a counter in this game hence it's perfect equilibrium.

Gently apply Toxic to the opponent pokemon, now, you are not actually counting on the Toxic effect, you just want the poison effect. The Toxic effect encourages switching so if you predict correctly, you can Toxic that incoming poke too, unless it's a Poison type, ofcourse.
When the poisoned pokemon comes in to shake off the Whips or the Toxic, it takes damage, and so every pokemon everytime they switch in.

Another example it's my Poison Lock combo;
Attack that induces Poison(Toxic, etc)
A hold attack (Bind, Wrap, ect)
and whatever 2 attacks here, AGility of possible

Here, the hold attack forces the opponent to switch. The goal is to Toxic any pokemon used to block and grind the hold attack, this way, when they switch in they get hit by the Poison, if they stay they have the hold and the Poison to deal with.
Unless they have a faster pokemon or the Hold misses, their only choice it's to switch.

The next thing I'd like to contribute is the secret of Multi-Hit attacks;
This one it's quite simple, the first power that I unlocked from Multi-Hit attacks is that it is an attack used to trample residual damage passed a substitude.
The substitude, after taking the correct amount of damage, will brake leaving the opponent pokemon open for the remaining incoming attacks. Ofcourse, you can just use Seissmic Toss but then again such a valued TM it's not easily traded from anyone.
Besides, Multi-Hit moves in the hands of a strong pokemon brake the substitude and damage the opponent. There are 2 types of Multi-Hit moves, Random and Fixed.
Random Multi-Hit moves will ALWAYS give you at least 2 hits, but they could do more damage. Fixed Multi-Hit moves will give you a certain amount of hits always, but their damage it's steady for each hit.
One thing that remains a mistery wich I wich someone with understanding of a ROM could tell me is that once a hit becomes a critical hit, will the rest of the hits will also be critical hits?
With my experience this it's the case, although I'm not able to break it down to numbers. If this it's the case, Multi-Hit moves have a higher CH rate.

...finally I'd like to address Dragon Rage and Sonic Boom;
These attacks are useless in battle, this is a fact undeniable.
However, they still suit a purpose.
For the longest time I could not unlock the potential of these 2 moves, but only becuse I was thinking to use them for the wrong purpose.
These moves I have labelled "Triming" moves, because they cut a fixed amount of health, like Seissmic Toss and Nightshade.
These moves can actually help you in catching perfect gene pokemon.
How? By knowing the HP of the target pokemon at the present level and attacking JUST with triming moves. I mean, sure you can use the battle formula to determine damage, but the damage won't be exact, it varies, it only calculates approximate damage.
With the triming moves you can deal exact damage and see if the pokemon in front of you has perfect HP, if it does, the chances of that pokemon being perfect are, I think, 1 in 128 and thus saving you the time chucking balls at it and going through the process of capturing it and such. You can know if you want it in battle, now more waiting after the battle it's over.
Example;
To capture a perfect lvl50 zapdos I...:
Attack it's accuracy x6
Put it to sleep
Use Dragon Rage x4, if it lives it means that you have a better chance on getting a IV10+ zapdos.
You can combine Triming attacks and calculate the most damage before it dies, your goal it's to leave the pokemon with 1 HP. When triming with Super Fang, remeber than the HP are rounded up, that's why you can't defeat an opponent with Super Fang.

...oh, and one more thing, I find that the notes about the different moves in Azure it's very bias towards moves and pokemon that are overshadowed by the lack of knowledge on how to exploit their potential correctly. If you're going to comment on an attack, make sure you use un-bias and neutral knowledge on what could be done with it, the analisys does not do these overshadowed moves and pokemon justice.
By having a negative attitude towards them, you're just clogging creativity and encouraging a dogma on the way to play the game and this does not help the newbies that are trying to understand the game, instead, it turns them into mindless drone tacticians that abide by the unwritten indoctrination of insinuated rules. If they want to use Superfang, let them use it, maybe it works for them, but don't insinuate that they are dumb or an inaccurate player by saying that it is a mediocre attack, because mediocre is a relative term based on opinions and just like assholes, everyone's got one and no one has to smell it, keep it to yourselves please...

------------------
"I'm used to being wrong, so don't worry about it." -Mick when asked to proove his claims.

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 08:16 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
umm, I understand where you are going at but wouldnt what your saying about Posion forced switch ruin your chances of other battle importance? Say like para shuffling (rare. ) or parasurport.

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 08:19 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
also, about the posion lock combo. Im afaird to say thats not new. Mean look+umbreon is a classic. but it works ^_^

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 09:55 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kingdra,
I should have specified that the research is for the Chromatic versions only, not the Mineral versions.

The Paralysis support it's one of those dogmatic "qualifications" that blinds players from discovering everything else.
It is true, you DO NOT need paralysis to win.
As a rule of thumb(guide line) every team should have a theme Status effect, more than one would cripple the efficiancy of the team.
Whenever it's sleep, paralysis or poison, try to build your team around one of these.
Poison and Power Point wasters are a marrige made in Heaven.

------------------
"I'm used to being wrong, so don't worry about it." -Mick when asked to proove his claims.

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 10:00 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ah R/B/Y. I luv the classic's. If u want we could battle sometime on PBS. also good point with toxic if u mean red. but call me old fashion'd. I prefer the para surport on such a thing. Toxic is good (even more so on the last poke >: ) ) btw-the name's Pavil on blizzard's pbs. face me if u want

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 10:07 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This may not be true, but I maybe heard this some where. The phrase "rule of thumb" maybe comes from an old English law that it was illegal to beat your wife with anything larger than your thumb. Can anyone verify this?
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-30-2001 03:15 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
any stick WIDER than your thumb. g'night.
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 07:54 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone let me know if there's anything useful in all those words...it started off with a good premise (some shocking things we missed) and then went straight into a ramble I didn't wanna waste my time with...
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 08:39 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:
Someone let me know if there's anything useful in all those words...it started off with a good premise (some shocking things we missed) and then went straight into a ramble I didn't wanna waste my time with...

Meh, didn't notice much.. buncha stuff 'bout how crap moves could be used in crappy strategies purely so that u could make crap moves not look so crappy, followed by a complaint saying that crappy moves shouldn't be acknowledged as crappy b/c it might hurt their feelings.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 03:25 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Random Looser,
Congratulations for making it into my shit list, bitch head.
I look forward in beating your ass over and over again with tactics you cannot even fathom, I'll hand your ass back to you in a plater...what do I expect, the name suits you well...

Kindra,
Sure, no prob. My teams are under TGD...

Mr.K,
Hey, don't diss me like that, I didn't!
I just reveaed how to effectively use Poison, explained the nature of Multi-Hit attacks wich Azure STILL hasn't opened the section for AND explain how moves that do a specific amount of damage(a.k.a. Triming attacks)like Dragon Rage, Sonic Boom, Seissmic Toss, Nightshade and Superfang can be used to speed up the search of perfect gene pokemon therefore prooving that Dragon Rage and Sonic Boom are not completely useless, they have a very important role in hunting down perfect pokemon.
Here's a quick example on how to use Sonic Boom;
1)Perfect zapdos has 165 HP
2)Subdue the zapdos with accuracy attacks and sleep
3)Take out a raticate with Super Fang and Fang the bird 3 times
4)This will leave the zapdos, if it's a perfect HP zapdos, with 20.6 wich rounded up is 21
5)Take out your Sonic Boomer and Sonic Boom it's ass once
6)If the zapdos survives it means I have a (I think) 1 in 128 chance of capturing a perfect zapdos

This saves me the time of capturing the stupid thing just to find out it's anything but perfect and accelerating the time I spend looking for perfect gene pokemon.
Personaly I use Triming for Legendary pokemon, all the others I use breeding to get the stats I want.

Then I said that your info in the research site is too bias towards effective but difficult to understand moves and pokemon and that the position of that information should be neutral.

Look, I know you don't like me, aiight? But let's just put our differences aside and look at the info from a neutral perspective.
It's good stuff no one I know knew and some trainers will be able to use this info and diversify their gameplay and make it easier for them to capture quality pokes.
I mean, you always say how I don't contribute anything but then when I do you want to shut me down, c'mon man, this is for the site and I spent alot of time making sure that what I'm saying it's not a fuck up.
It's good stuff, man, please take it...

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:26 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Great Dreamer:
Random Looser,
Congratulations for making it into my shit list, bitch head.
I look forward in beating your ass over and over again with tactics you cannot even fathom, I'll hand your ass back to you in a plater...what do I expect, the name suits you well...

Well.. ummmm... damn. So wait, u're going to toxic shuffle me, lower my defense w/ tail whip, and follow that up w/ a multi-hit move like fury swipes?

------------------

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:34 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
TGD: I think I understand what you mean about the Toxic/holding moves. Would a Dragonite like this be useful?

Agility
Wrap
Toxic
(filler)

You would Agility, then Toxic (if Dragonite wouldn't be KOed) or Wrap (if the opponent is using Ice attacks). The filler could be Surf or Blizzard to deal with Rhydons and such.

Provided you don't miss, you could actually create some super mayhem with this.

Then, if this guy croaks, you can just bring in someone else and continue.

And, at the very end, when the opponent is beaten and battered, you bring in a fast sweeper (Jolteon, Tauros, Aerodactyl, etc) and wipe out what's left of their team.

Really nifty combo, actually.

I've probably made a total idiot out of myself, but that's what I do best, right?

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 02:02 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nick Da Wiz,
That's exactly how my first dragonite looked like, it had Surf.
Problem is that you must take out the dragonite and switch it against a pokemon that might not feel threaten by it, it's all in the mind games.
I always Agility so then after that I can decide what to do from a safer standpoint.
Sometimes I don't even activate it until 2nd time around, I block with the dragonite, Toxic, a starmie catches it, switch away.
Then, I block again with my dragon, Agility, oh look, the starmie again, the my dragon coils around it and Wraps it to death...most of the time... ^_____^;
It's fun, try it, but Fire Spin and Bind are a real pain in the ass, I just stick with Wrap most of the time....

------------------

Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 10:39 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, thought so.
From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 11:55 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
About the Zapdos catching thing. Sure, your methods are all good for precision and such, but how long does this take? 11+ turns?! Only to find your final Dragon Rage/Sonic Boom kills Zapdos, and he wasn't "the one".

There are far quicker and easier ways...

------------------
"If there is today which exceeds me who does not care even if it is slow yesterday" - Team Mario's attempt to convince you to join them in the official F-Zero Advance championship.

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 02:39 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Geesee,
You have to remember that these are tactics for a Trainer game enviroment wich is the purest way to play pokemon, basically no cheating at all...not even a bit.
Why would anyne want to play this way?
Because this is the way the game was meant to be played and it keeps all variables balanced to perfection.
I mean, if you're going to cheat go all the way, get a shark, hack everything, etc.
If you're not, go all the way because this is the best way to experience the game.

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 07:47 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I prefer to check the DVs rather than fool around with that. It seems kinda like a "Rube Goldberg" philosophy to catching good Pokemon. It's ten times easier with Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno/Snorlax/Mewtwo to just save next to it and catch the damn thing.

------------------
"Felix the Cat.... Is the lame..."*snicker*

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Automaton,
I check the DVs after I capture my target, and I do save next to them, on top and cut the animation to speed up the process...

------------------

TheEverlastingGobstopper
Farting Nudist
Member # 1531

Rate Member
posted 07-02-2001 12:49 AM      Profile for TheEverlastingGobstopper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. K:

Let's just hope TGD isn't another Fanha. lol

From: nashville,tn usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 01:54 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This isn't "research", but it doesn't really fit anywhere else, so I'll leave it here...

TGD:
The Tail Whip and the physical attack re a small combo in itself, this says to the opponent "switch or die", placing the opponent in the position between bad and worse.

If the opponent switches, he'll take a Double-Edge/Body Slam from a (gasp!) 108-Attack opponent. Ouch. :> And then he'll switch back to the previous Pokemon, taking (gasp!) 1/16 total HP damage, while you waste a Toxic.

Then add the fact that any decent PP waster will have a recovery move, and the Poison damage won't do jack, which you don't know.

One thing that remains a mistery wich I wich someone with understanding of a ROM could tell me is that once a hit becomes a critical hit, will the rest of the hits will also be critical hits?

In RBY, yes. In GSC, no.

Further clarification: That only applies to one-turn multi-hit moves (Fury Attack, Spike Cannon, etc). Multi-turn ones (Clamp, Wrap, etc) calculate the CH chance for each hit seperately.

With my experience this it's the case, although I'm not able to break it down to numbers. If this it's the case, Multi-Hit moves have a higher CH rate.

Nope, they still don't, because the chance of a CH is only applied to the first hit. If the first one doesn't critical, none of the others will either.

To capture a perfect lvl50 zapdos I...:
Attack it's accuracy x6
Put it to sleep
Use Dragon Rage x4, if it lives it means that you have a better chance on getting a IV10+ zapdos.

Or you could just throw a Master Ball at it and use the SSF (or one of the many other similar calculators out there) to find the genes. If you don't have a Master Ball (since it's probably being a "despicable strategist" to duplicate them), you'll have to whittle it down as normal, but that's still faster than your method.

This applies to all other Pokemon/levels, too. There is nothing your method achieves that can't be done faster and easier by just catching the Pokemon and checking the stats.

MK:
This may not be true, but I maybe heard this some where. The phrase "rule of thumb" maybe comes from an old English law that it was illegal to beat your wife with anything larger than your thumb. Can anyone verify this?

Nope, it's not true, although the feminists have been trying to make it a rallying point as of late. "Rule of thumb" comes from the time before standardized measurements (inch, metre, etc), when merchants used their thumb (and other body parts) to measure their wares for sale.

There was a law about beating one's wife with a stick smaller than your thumb, but wasn't until years/decades/centuries later than someone drew a comparison between the two and joked that the wife-beating law could be considered a "rule of thumb."

Random Loser:
followed by a complaint saying that crappy moves shouldn't be acknowledged as crappy b/c it might hurt their feelings.

Tee hee...

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 06:31 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well this whole thing was a whole bunch of shit.

I like poison, but the strategy TGD proposed for it sucked ass.
The set damage move strategy sucked ass, and a perfect HP Zapdos more than likely won't have perfect stats, so that sucks ass.

The spelling and grammar also sucked ass, and the whole post is in the wrong section of AH.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 03:26 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat,
This is research, I played with my 2 gameboys to test this stuff, I might not be able to hack ROMs but I can test things raw.
The Tail Whip and Normal attack thing it's to encourage the opponent to switch, if you didn't like the example I'm sorry.
The point I'm making is that PP wating and Poison go hand-and-hand, that's all.
Thanks for the clarification on the Multi-Hit moves, I already knew how the Multi-Turn moves worked.
I don't want to waste my only Master Ball in checking ONE of the Legendary pokemon, I'm saving that for my mewtwo, so, I have to catch it normaly. Sure I can hack the whole thing or use Missingno but that would unbalance the game. Perfect pokemon are NOT supposed to be a common thing, special perfect legendaries. The odds to catch them are a fair balancing variable, specialy with the legendaries that default to a level well beyond 50. For what I understand, the farther away from level 50, the harder the odds to catch a perfect one.
So, yeah, it can be done faster but not without dissrupting the game's equilibrium.
So, if the zapdos lives, it is at 1 HP, I catch it, pray and THEN check the stats saving the Trainer alot of time.
My method it, so far, the fastest way to do and and remain clean...

Moo,
Hey, the PP waster/Poison combination works as so does Poison Hold like that dragonite, if your maggot riden brain can't comprehend then that's your problem, bub.
The zapdos thing it's, like I said BEFORE, for a Trainer game enviroment (a.k.a. no cheating)
The post is not in the wrong section and I am not here to take English lessons so fuck you and good bye...

------------------

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 03:42 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with a few of TGD's ideas, and some of it is interesting, but I wouldn't call this research.

I would call these strategies. Whether it be for catching pokemon, using ToxicWrap, whatever.

That is my toughts, thank you very much.

------------------
Meh! Metalloid Research!
C:/Dos
C:/Dos/Run
Run/Dos/Run

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 07:59 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
For what I understand, the farther away from level 50, the harder the odds to catch a perfect one.

What the hell r u talking about now??? Max DV odds don't change...

------------------

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 01:29 AM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Random Loser,
Hey, I just read somewhere that they do, if someone can explain the mechanics behind the odds to me that'll be great...

Jman,
Hmmm...I though this was research of strategies, but I can see how you and White Cat would say it's not.
It doesn't provide information on how the game works, I just though that this info could be used in the strategy section of each move on this site.

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 04:11 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I'll take a stab at that one.. when u catch a poke its set of DVs r determined randomly.. perfect DVs=perfect max stats. The 'randomness' doesn't change based on level, it's just as next-to-impossible to get max stats at lvl 5 as it is at lvl 70. I s'pose wherever u got that was making an almost-reference to the fact that DVs r most easily determined at lvl 50 or 100, where the differences between stats r the most rigidly aligned.
Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 05:53 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Moo,
Hey, the PP waster/Poison combination works as so does Poison Hold like that dragonite, if your maggot riden brain can't comprehend then that's your problem, bub.

Eh, it works badly.

quote:
The zapdos thing it's, like I said BEFORE, for a Trainer game enviroment (a.k.a. no cheating)

That has nothing to do with the fact that a Zapdos can have terrible stats and still have perfect HP.

quote:
The post is not in the wrong section

Yes it is, none of this is research, it's strategy.

quote:
and I am not here to take English lessons so fuck you and good bye...

Maybe you should be.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

[This message has been edited by Mu (edited 07-04-2001).]

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 06:56 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who thinks this topic has really fallen apart?
Guigs18
Farting Nudist
Member # 1921

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 09:39 PM      Profile for Guigs18   Email Guigs18   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I DO!!! I DO!!!!

------------------

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 07-06-2001 12:38 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ehhh...out of 29 posts (including mine) this thing started falling apart somewhere around post #15, or whenever Mr.K's second post was.

Yea, I'd agree that this isn't "pure research" per se. About the fixed damage moves to catch pokes, it's not research that would help the overwhelming majority over players out there, it's your preference on how to catch perfect pokes (well, at least ones with perfect HP stats). And I've gotta admit, it's a very original way of doing it too, at least I've never known of anyone that did it that way.

And even though Freezing is the best status to inflict on an opponent, and sleep and paralyzing are probably 2nd best, this topic has now definately pushed poison far above burning the opponent; maybe if just the sheer fact that Toxic's damage builds, and there's no fire move that can build damage like that .

- This is Turbo X, signing off.

------------------
Life through the eyes of a workaholic: I love to write reports. What's a "fraternity"? What do you mean they have "fun"? What is this word "fun"? I write reports, now that's "fun".

Life through the eyes of a slacker: What's this piece of paper doing on my door? What does "eviction" mean? Oh well, at least I don't have to clean my apartment out after parties anymore.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 01:51 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah, Burn's still good. It halves Defense and Attack ratings, and I find that that can be quite useful.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2001 02:18 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think burn affects the Defense stat...

------------------

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-11-2001 12:06 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Burning halves Attack and Speed.

Very useful if you can burn a Rhydon as it switches in.

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"Mirror Coat me once, shame on you. Mirror Coat me twice, I'm a fucking idiot." -TheRookie

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 01:41 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't affect Speed either! Yeesh...

------------------

Rolken
Vulcan
Member # 7

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 02:56 PM      Profile for Rolken   Author's Homepage   Email Rolken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pokemon it's a game whose design and equilibrium are virtualy perfect and we should not blame ourselves for not being able to comprehend certain unattended parts of it's obvious pure genius.

Are you SERIOUS?

Man... insulting people for not believing your BS... that's pure gold, mate.

------------------
!

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 04:17 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rolken,
It's not my BS, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Game Freak takes a good amount of time and dedication to balance the system and all the rules it needs are already programmed into the game.
When we break those rules by duplicating, hacking, etc, we upset that balance, wich is why if we break the rules, if we play in a Strategists game enviroment, there is a balance vaccuum waiting to be filled, that's where clauses and bans come in. If we didn't duplicate or hack the game, if we played in a Trainer game enviroment, none of this would be necessary.

------------------
"I'm used to being wrong, so don't worry about it." -Mick Frail on himself.

"That and women. Stupid irrational creatures."
Mick Frail on women.

Unown27
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1838

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 04:32 PM      Profile for Unown27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If it wasn't pure genius, would it make so much money?

------------------
If you want to know who I am, then decode one of these messages:
1) 618423143
2) Hona said grr as incubators fed

From: None of your business | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.