The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Finding DVs -- now ridiculously easy with Excel!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finding DVs -- now ridiculously easy with Excel!
Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 05:37 AM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
One thing that's always caused me problems is finding DVs. Sure, you could go to the SSF ands look up their DVs, but what if you're not online at the time? Well, I've solved that probem by making a downloadable Microsoft Excel file:

http://atmax.hypermart.net/pokemondvs.xls

Just download it, plug in the base stat and level, and it shows you the stats for every DV - just look for the column(s) matching your stat, and those are the possible DVs! For example, during my hunt for Dittos for Breeding, I came along one at level 65 with stats of 72/84/84/76 and 146 HP. Plugging in those numbers shows that Ditto must has DVs of 4/13/13/7, with 7 HP DV. And if you know how breding works, you'l know that those are practically ideal DVs for breeding!

Even for pokemon under level 50, which causes stat overlaps (in otherwords, more than one DV giving the same stat), a bit of careful examination can still pick out actual DVs. Foir example: I have a level 42 Weezing with stats of 87/111/63/83 and 109 HP. Plugging those in shows an Attack of 8, a Defense of 7, and a Speed of 10. However, Special could be either 8 or 9, and HP could be either 3 or 4. But with the knowledge of how HP DV is determined (which I printed at the top of each sheet), it's obvious that Attack/Defense/Speed DVs of 8/7/10 force the HP DV to be 4 or 5. Therefore HP DV is 4, and that makes Special DV 8, so his DVs are 8/7/10/8 and 4 HP.

Wow... it's been a while since I last produced anything useful...

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 05:52 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you Atma for making such a thingie. Keep up the good work.

-MK

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-24-2001 06:09 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what version of excel did you save it as?
*can't open it*

XX_Blade_XX
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1881

Rate Member
posted 06-24-2001 06:42 AM      Profile for XX_Blade_XX   Email XX_Blade_XX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey Keep up the work atma...It's a bit ugly, but it do thw trick.

I am now started workin to a project, too. A program that calculates DV, Stats, Exp. Eheheeee, i hope it wont' have any bug.

------------------

Atma
Farting Nudist
Member # 689

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 01:16 PM      Profile for Atma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spunman:
what version of excel did you save it as?
*can't open it*

x_x I did it in Excel 2000 and saved it normally, forgetting that that would probably produce the compatability of a fainted Unown. -_-

I'll resave it in an older format and upload it tonight over the other file.

------------------
"My name is Atma...
I am pure energy... and as ancient as the cosmos.
Forgotten in the river of time...
I've had an eternity to ponder the meaning of things...
And now I have an answer..."

From: Cinnabar Isle, Long Island, NY | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
houndoom87
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1933

Rate Member
posted 07-03-2001 11:09 PM      Profile for houndoom87   Author's Homepage   Email houndoom87   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
All that shows up when I click the link is this:

ࡱ

@^@

Why???

------------------

From: Harbour Breton, Newfoundland, Canada | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 03:14 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try right-clicking and choosing "Save Link As..." (or similar).

------------------
"Thank you for your e-mail. This Internet of yours is a wonderful invention."
-- George W. Bush, to Al Gore

Guigs18
Farting Nudist
Member # 1921

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 06:58 PM      Profile for Guigs18   Email Guigs18   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What in the world is SSF????

------------------

Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 07:48 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Guigs18:
What in the world is SSF????

Super Street Fighter.

------------------
HIHI!

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 08:36 PM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stat Skill Finder, I believe.

:kicks Sonius:

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 11:40 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Skill-Stat Finder.

*kicks Zerot*

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"Mirror Coat me once, shame on you. Mirror Coat me twice, I'm a fucking idiot." -TheRookie

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Iyse
Farting Nudist
Member # 149

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 01:48 PM      Profile for Iyse   Email Iyse   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uhhh... This was done fucking AGGGEEESSSS ago, by someone else. And it was simple and effective too. :P

------------------
OMG IAN GARVEY WTF!!!111

From: Brussels, Belgium | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mick_Hale
Total Moron
Member # 419

Member Rated:
posted 07-20-2001 06:03 PM      Profile for Mick_Hale   Email Mick_Hale   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, this helps me a little... I'll go and implement this in my prototype PBS now. When you think about it, would you rather have people entering DVs and levels instead of actual stat values? Hoo hah, this helps.

------------------
"k mouth, please don't try the 'I'm right, you're wrong, stop arguing more coherently than me or I'll wet my pants' approach. TGD has already perfected it by himself." - Psybro

From: Thornhill, Ontario, Canada | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.