next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Mean Look

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mean Look
Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2001 08:46 AM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I have a Ghastly on top of my party, and then I encounter a wild Pokemon that always likes to run away from me, (for example a Phanpy) if I use Mean Look on it, will the Mean Look only stop it from escaping as long as Ghastly is out, or will the Phanpy then not be able to escape anymore at all? I mean, can I recall my ghastly and use another Pokemon, without risking that the wild Pokemon can then run away?

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2001 09:12 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only as long as gastly is out.. so no switching.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-23-2001 04:09 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Under most circumstances, yes, once Gastly has Mean Looked the wild Pokémon, it cannot flee. In the event of trainer battles, cannot switch out, as long as Gastly is still your active Pokémon. There is one thing though that I can think of where a Mean Looked Pokémon can get away, and that is if they know Whirlwind or Roar (which the Legendary Beasts know) but as long as they don't know those, they're stuck.

-MK

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 12:41 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Teleport escapes Mean Look too, I think, but that shouldn't be a problem anyway.

------------------

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 06:05 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe not much of a problem, but if true, indeed worth knowing.

Thanks StealthNinjaScyther

-MK who is still awake!
(ahhhhh!)

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 01:27 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can't a Mean Looked Pokemon Baton Pass out of it (though it will pass the Look-trapped status to the new Pokemon)?

------------------
Reminder to Jenova: Be horribly mean to Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk and me.

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-24-2001 09:05 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, mean look can be baton passed from both sides.
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2001 01:40 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ML does stop Teleport.

Easy way to test this is to battle a Wild Abra, Mean Look it and watch Teleport fail...

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2001 03:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tghost, have you tested it?
StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 01:40 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The way Tghost worded his reply sure made it seem like he tested it. I went and double checked what he said and do you know what happened when I Mean Looked Abra? Teleport failed! So I assume that Tghost did indeed check it first.

------------------

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 01:52 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for testin it StealthNinjaScyther.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.