The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Chances of hitting

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chances of hitting
Sonichu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1607

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 03:27 PM      Profile for Sonichu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is the chance of...

(takes breath)

a pokemon that is confused, paralized, attracted, and smokecreened six times while you are DT'ed 6 times and are attacking with Snore and King's Rock attached?

------------------
~Sonichu

dumbass, dont you know curse and doble edge shouldnt be used i conjuction do you know the ower of a double edge STABd up and then how much damage you would recieve, come on, youd destroy yourself, me has to larf,-A rating on Curselax...larf?-Kalro asae Uyietho Gligar

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 03:53 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very tiny. I know all, hm?

------------------
AZALA: Red star...fall! Stain the earth...RED!

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 04:54 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I probably did the math wrong somewhere in this ( ), but assuming u r faster than they r (most likely w/ paralysis), I came out to a .952749% chance that they would hit u w/ an attack, or about a 1/100 shot..

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 06:09 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Realize this may be wrong, but I tried to do the math. If you don't count the King's Rock I came to...

1.0680333333333333% chance of getting to attack and hitting enemy. (not using swift, vital throw, etc....)

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 06:23 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"a pokemon that is confused, paralized, attracted, and smokecreened six times while you are DT'ed 6 times and are attacking with Snore and King's Rock attached?"

You do mean that the enemy has smokescreened you six times and the enemy has double teamed itself 6 times right?

Just incase you're curious, the above situation without King's Rock or the evasive ness (i.e. using Swift) would about a
1 out of 48 chance (About a 2.08333% chance). So, you are already in so much pain due to the other ailments, using swift only raises your chances of hitting by about one percent.

*This is assuming I did the math correctly*

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 11:24 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
If you don't count the King's Rock I came to...

Y not count the King's Rock? Last I heard it worked w/ snore...

------------------

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 01:09 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snore already causes flinching on it's own, so the King's Rock would have no effect. At least I think that's the way it works.

------------------

From: Auburn, WA, USA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 01:12 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I do believe snore was determined to be the exception to the rule.. 'least that's what I heard (and yes, this was on azure..).

------------------

StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 01:48 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, after performing a search I found a statement that agrees with that. I didn't know that before, maybe this means that I should visit Azure more often?

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 01:50 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason I did not apply King's Rock is because King's Rock has about a 1 in 10 chance of making the opponent flinch while Snore already has a 1 in 3, which is much better than King's Rock's odds. Since I do not think that both the 1 in 10 and 1 in 3 work together, the computer either picks one or the other. Since the best you can have is 1 in 3 already and all the King's Rock might do is decrease already great odds, I did not count it.

*I am human, the above info may be incorrect*

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 04:20 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't particularly matter, but the way I interpreted it would be that snore and king's rock would both do seperate checks, so u'd have the 30% snore check then the 10% king's rock check if that one failed.. I'm probably wrong though since I was just guessing. I am fairly positive that the king's rock works with snore in some way, however...

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 04:19 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
King's Rock only adds a chance of a flinch to an attack that has no other chance of an added effect. For example, an ice beam has about a 10% chance of freezing, therefore, A Pokémon holding a King's Rock can use Ice Beam all day long, which may result in a freeze, but never a flinch. Since Snore has an added effect (33% chance of flinch) King's Rock would seem to have no purpose here.

-MK
*Human Loophole again*

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 04:30 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Link(s) to mention(s) of King's Rock & Snore
(realize it may still be inconclusive)

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure/forum/tuff/Forum5/HTML/003209.html

-MK

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 05:33 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ummm.. even the link u posted mentions snore as the only flinching move that king's rock works on .. I believe it was Meowth that hacked the rom or something to get the whole list. I had the link to it on his NBCi site but can't find it on his current one..

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-21-2001 07:18 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meowth Rules
StealthNinjaScyther
Farting Nudist
Member # 1833

Member Rated:
posted 06-22-2001 02:11 AM      Profile for StealthNinjaScyther   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The old item page Meowth had up has vanished and he hasn't got to getting it back up on his current site. Maybe if we ask nicely he'll put it up?

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.