The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Marowak and the Thick Club glitch...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marowak and the Thick Club glitch...
LavosPhoenix
Farting Nudist
Member # 1865

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 11:30 AM      Profile for LavosPhoenix   Email LavosPhoenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Konnichiha!

Well, we all know that a Marowak with an Attack DV of 13 and one Swords Dance will reach it's maximum, without resetting. Now, I have heard that in Stadium 2, this glitch was fix0red. Now how does it work then?
Swagger cannot reset it then? What is it's Max Attack then?

Oh, and What if you use Belly Drum on a Marowak, and have the Thick Club attached? What are the Results in the GameBoy game and in Stadium??

------------------
*Hugs his Shiny Nuke*
*Licks his Stick 'O Molasses!*

From: Collinsville, Illinois (Just east of St. Louis) | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 02:24 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by LavosPhoenix:
Konnichiha!

Well, we all know that a Marowak with an Attack DV of 13 and one Swords Dance will reach it's maximum, without resetting. Now, I have heard that in Stadium 2, this glitch was fix0red. Now how does it work then?
Swagger cannot reset it then? What is it's Max Attack then?

Oh, and What if you use Belly Drum on a Marowak, and have the Thick Club attached? What are the Results in the GameBoy game and in Stadium??

Belly Drum raises your attack by 10 levels, or 600% of it's original value. But the max is 6 levels, or 400% of it's original value. Meaning that you'll reach cap from as many as -4 levels. However, because of the TC glitch, you exceed the cap, and I assume that means that belly drum will attempt to give you the full 10 level bonus. Only thing is, I don't know about Stadium, but on Gameboy, it causes a reset every time 1024 is reached exceeded. So if you tried to get a 10 level bonus, it would raise your attack to 3096 at a DV of 15, which would have increments of 1024 hacked out of it until it couldn't go down any more, leaving you with a whopping 24 atk. X_X Now, with the DV of 13, you'd have 1000 atk left over. A DV of 14 would give you exactly 1024 atk, which as you know equals 0.

Conclusion: Go with Swords Dance. ^_~

------------------
*burns Pokémon to hell*~Marcus Majarra

"Mint has that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."~Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-24-2001 06:01 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Automaton for the explanation

=)

-MK

Scizor2k
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1659

Rate Member
posted 06-28-2001 10:25 AM      Profile for Scizor2k   Email Scizor2k   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No wonder My Marowak does little damge after 3 swords dances.....

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.