next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Conversion 2

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Conversion 2
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 05:16 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of any research on this move? The only description I've seen syas, "Your Pokémon switches its type to the type most resistant to your opponent's attacks." So if you're up against a Fighting type, would it you become a Ghost type for complete immunity, or a Psychic or Flying? If you were up against a Fire type, would you become water, or rock(or something else)? What about when Conversion 2 is used against dual types? I'm not sure how much this move has been looked into, but if anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appretiate it.

Thanks.

------------------

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 08:01 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's related to the attack last used by your opponent. For example, when my Poliwhirl used Psychic, it became a Dark-type, but when I used Surf, it became a Grass-type. I assume that it would become a Ghost-type after a Normal-type or Fighting-type attack.

------------------
"Finish it off with False Swipe!" - Shingo

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-19-2001 09:12 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What a coincidence, I just tested Conversion/Conversion2 today.

Both attacks consider Hidden Power's type as Normal.

Conversion 2 chooses an attack type that is half-effective or immune to the attack opponent last used. If more than one type fulfill this, then one of these types is chosen at random.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-19-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
poccil's info is correct. i'm rather surprised he's actually testing all this stuff now, but...

not to mention, for those of you who haven't yet used the attack (which i assume, or you wouldn't have asked your question), it says plain as day what type your pokémon takes on, so there's no mystery in a link battle like there is with hidden power.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 11:26 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Excellent research poccil.
# 1 Human Hater
Farting Nudist
Member # 674

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 05:52 AM      Profile for # 1 Human Hater   Email # 1 Human Hater   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember someone saying that if you have an attack of a type that is immune/resistant to the attack they used, that's the type your monster will become.

------------------

From: South Australia | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 11:59 AM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by # 1 Human Hater:
I seem to remember someone saying that if you have an attack of a type that is immune/resistant to the attack they used, that's the type your monster will become.

Let's put everything up at once, as this question has been making the rounds and I have enough time to do something about it right now. I'm somewhat hesitant to do this as poccil will just steal anything he hasn't worked out yet (which reminds me, I need to send out a few e-mails over his theft for Substitute).

Anyway...

Conversion 2 converts the using pokemon to a type that is either immune or resistant to the base type of the move last used by the opposing pokemon.

Selection of the immune or resistant type is completely random, with no preference/weighting given to whether the type is immune or resistant.

The qualification of move is given in order to clear up possible confusion with the distinction of damaging and non-damaging attacks. Conversion 2 works off of any move that the current opposing pokemon has just used, including moves that only affect the opposing pokemon (such as stat changers like Agility).

Due to Conversion 2 working off of the last move that the opponent used, it is subject to the effects of evade/accuracy modifiers such as Double Team.

Due to the base type qualifier for the move, Hidden Power will be treated as a Normal type move (as noted) and Conversion 2 will always fail when the opponent uses Curse.

Circumstantial evidence also indicates that the using pokemon will get STAB off of the type converted to by using Conversion 2. No numbers have been run on those tests, however.

EDIT: Fixing of a typo

[This message has been edited by Continue (edited 06-20-2001).]

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 02:30 PM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Conversion 2 only work after actual ATTACKS or after ALL moves? If it works for all moves, what type does Porygon(2) become after Curse?

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

Continue
Farting Nudist
Member # 31

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 02:35 PM      Profile for Continue   Email Continue   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sudowoodo:
Does Conversion 2 only work after actual ATTACKS or after ALL moves? If it works for all moves, what type does Porygon(2) become after Curse?

Read the post right above yours. It contains the answers to both of your questions.

From: Boca Raton, FL | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-20-2001 04:46 PM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woops, sorry! *hides behind a rock*
From now on I'll always read before I ask, I promise!

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-20-2001 07:19 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How long does Conversion/Conversion 2 last?
The user retains its new type until the user is switched. This was proven by using Conversion to give Flareon a type of Normal, switching to another Pokemon, and switching back. Lick used by the enemy still aaffected Flareon.

Can it be transferred via Baton Pass?
The temporary type is not transferred.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.