The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Rrrring!! Hello?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rrrring!! Hello?
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-07-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm making an investigation on the PokeGear Phone. I'm looking for questions about how often trainers will call. I've set up a PokeGear Phone research page.

Anything to contribute in this?

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2001 07:19 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The reason Mom calls "after you fight a certain amount of trainers" is because you're sending her money earned from the fights, and she buys an item and calls you once she has a certain amount of money.

I've had trainers call me while I was standing still.

------------------
"In the year 2000... Cigarette companies deny that they are targeting children with their new mascot, Smokémon."
-- Conan O'Brien

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2001 08:29 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
...and she buys an item and calls you once she has a certain amount of money.

Is there a list of items acquired so and at what cost?

------------------
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2001 08:59 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had $100,000 once, and Mom called with a Moon Stone.

------------------
I am your king! Bow down and worship me!! This message has been a test of the Emergency Monarch System. If this were a real monarchy, you'd already be wretched.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2001 12:28 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cmsnrub25:
I had $100,000 once, and Mom called with a Moon Stone.

Strange... When I had 100,000, she called and told me she'd bought me a big, adorable doll... (Big Snorlax Doll)

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-08-2001 05:07 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK, I wrote the list of items Mom will buy, and posted it on my site. Now, for the second question: What factor decides how often trainers will call?

------------------

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2001 05:54 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think its time.

Strangely, if you go talk to your mom about changing the time, it goes an hour ahead/behind. After going an hour ahead, a trainer calls..

[This message has been edited by Cesar (edited 06-08-2001).]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2001 07:25 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
When Mom reached 500.000 saving money for me, she bought a Dragon Scale.

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

mleo2003
Farting Nudist
Member # 1618

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2001 06:05 PM      Profile for mleo2003   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think it's time, too. I was using the time codes on my emulator to fix the time and when I activated the codes, someone called me instantly. I reset the game, without saving, and tried it again. Got another call from the same person, I think.

------------------
Email: mleo2003@hotmail.com

Visit my Team Strategy Page on my Gameshark Site:
Matt's Shark and Team Strat Page

Have fun and make yourself at home.

From: Forest, Mississippi | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-09-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You two may be right, and that might explain the "annoying" phone calls evident in earlier emulator and ROM versions.

Perhaps the time interval between calls is random.

------------------

Yay Porygon
Farting Nudist
Member # 810

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2001 08:42 PM      Profile for Yay Porygon   Author's Homepage   Email Yay Porygon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's happened to me it seems is every half hour of game play (after you've played one half hour, an hour, four hours, etc. -- not the clock! the amount played) I get a phone call. Ralph called me twice in a row asking to battle, and I didn't battle him in between. Oy. That's just what it looked like to me upon observation (checked time of call -- random...but oh, I've played 4.5 hours).

------------------
*Do DO do DO Do DO do* I'm Prozac the Bear!

From: Peregrine Island | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-10-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not 100% sure if this happened, but, early on in the game, doesn't mom seem to buy atleast one thing for you that's not a doll, she'll say like,
"sorry I used your money, it's in your pc"

I might have gotten a potion this way, but, hey, I'm not sure, it could've been something else if anything @ all.

-MK

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-13-2001 01:37 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Feh, I get Super Potions and Repels.

When you need/want Great Balls, Mom can be a real bitch.

------------------
"You're a waste of space, a waste of time... you're a waste of the space-time continum!!" -My history teacher
"Your Machamp. My Machop. Bum sex. Now." -My brother

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 06-27-2001 10:58 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 01:30 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It would seem the easiest way to figure this out is not to play the game and take nots but to use "reverse engineering" and figure it out from the source code of the game itself. I don't know how to do it, but those who do maybe could.
Haunter_girl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1866

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 12:58 PM      Profile for Haunter_girl     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I usually get phonecalls when I'm training my Pokemon. So I actually thought that it depends the levels of your Pokemon whether someone calls you. You know, like, after you've raised some of your Pokemon so and so many levels in total, you get a call, or something like that.

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 10:14 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe the phone calls are ALL based around money from battling trainers and somewhat on time. I have been called like immediately after leaving the battle with the mystery gift house guy or something. Anyway the following is some info you might enjoy. I did not compile this list, it came from another source...

MoneyNeeded-Item-Item'sPrice-PriceatStore

$900 Super Potion $600 $700
$4900 Repel $270 $350
$7000 Super Potion $600 $700
$10,000 Charmander Doll $1800 -
$15,000 Moon Stone $3000 -
$23,500 Super Potion $600 $700
$39,000 Clefairy Doll $4800 -
$44,500 Hyper Potion $900 $1200
$53,400 Pikachu Doll $8000 -
$100,000 Snorlax Doll $22,800 -
*End of Message*

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.