The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Would this work out?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Would this work out?
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 05:25 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
- Trade a male and a female Vileplume over to R/B/Y

- Teach them both Counter

- Trade them back to G/S

- Breed

- Evolve Baby Oddish to Gloom and then to Bellossom and have a Bellossom with Counter!

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 07:32 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It does not work like that, and why would you want a Vileplume with Counter ???

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 07:46 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want a Bellossom with Counter, just for the heck of it... Who cares anyway, it's just an example... ~_~

And I thought if both parents have a move the baby will get it too?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sudowoodo (edited 06-04-2001).]

Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 07:51 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, only some moves are breedable:

Synthesis
Flail
Razor Leaf
and all the TMs that the family can learn in G/S

>>These are the moves breedable for this family

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

[This message has been edited by Ransu (edited 06-04-2001).]

Ultam
Farting Nudist
Member # 1826

Rate Member
posted 06-04-2001 09:42 AM      Profile for Ultam   Author's Homepage   Email Ultam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No Ransu I think that would work...because TMs that can be learned are passed down through the father. The only reason you'd need to teach it to both is if it is a move it learns by level and you wanted it to hatch with it. But maybe it is only GS TMs passed through breeding. *shrug*

------------------

From: Washington State | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Divine Wind
Farting Nudist
Member # 1051

Rate Member
posted 06-04-2001 09:46 AM      Profile for Divine Wind   Author's Homepage   Email Divine Wind   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't it just be easier to trade Gloom Oddish to R/B/Y at an early level, teach it counter, and trade it back?
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 11:20 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Damnit, Divine Wind! I wanted to point that out.
From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 11:45 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Divine Wind and Biffster: Only Vileplume can learn Counter. Oddish and Gloom can't. That's why I need to do it this way.

------------------

Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 12:34 PM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ultam:
No Ransu I think that would work...because TMs that can be learned are passed down through the father. The only reason you'd need to teach it to both is if it is a move it learns by level and you wanted it to hatch with it. But maybe it is only GS TMs passed through breeding. *shrug*

No it is only G/S TMs

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-04-2001 03:44 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wasn't aware vileplume could even get counter in r/b/y. i don't believe it can.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2001 05:14 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It can't.. rendering the whole discussion null and void.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2001 03:30 PM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not really...
I just wanna know whether a move will no matter what be passed down if both parents have it. The Countering Bellossom was just an example. I could have sharked a male and a female Steelix with Aeroblast and asked "will the baby Onix have Aeroblast" too... I just figured it would be more reasonable to ask it while using a R/B/Y TM example. So the thing I wanna know is:<

Will a baby have a move no matter what if both parents have it?

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 06-05-2001 07:47 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There are the conditions to pass an attack down the the baby:

1) Egg Moves: If the father knows an Egg Move, such as Cubone and Rock Slide.

2) GSC TM: If the baby can learn the Gold/Silver/Crystal TM (or HM) that the father knows, then the baby will be born with it. Again, the baby MUST be able to learn it.

3) Level Up: If the baby can learn an attack from raising levels, and BOTH parents know the attack, then the baby will be born with it. Again, the baby MUST be able to learn it on its own from Level Ups.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2001 05:27 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Meowth! That's all I wanted to know.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.