The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » The Box Trick in indeed a glitch (something newly discovered)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Box Trick in indeed a glitch (something newly discovered)
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2001 07:24 PM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well not too long ago I got my friend into using gameshark. I wanted him to use it because it would take forever for him to level up Pokemon and stuff like that, well I knew he atleast used the Box trick to raise his Pokemon to max. I battled him and had a VERY difficult time beating him for some reason. Well I saw one of his Pokemon, Golem, and his stats were indeed max but there was something I did not know. I did not have a chart to see what the max stats were for Pokemon, so I told him to use gameshark to make sure his Pokemon were alll at max so he did and I watched him max out Golem and the weirdest thing happened:

Before Gameshark he used the box trick so his Golem had an attack stat of 350!!!!!!!! (I am serious)

After he used Gameshark the stat went down to 315 (the normal max att stat)

So I am wondering if you use the box trick then does it make the your Pokemon's stats go above normal. If so this would be some kind of glitch correct? I thought you could only box trick to max but his stats kept going up, very strange

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2001 08:14 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Which pokémon game was it in (Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold or Silver)

Cause in G/S there are a lot of Anti-Game Shark "glitches" that Nintendo put in it's way to discourage sharkery.

------------------
Alakazam!!! It's the Shop Wizard
I'm your friendly guide to on-line comparison shopping! Type in what you want to buy and I will search through all the shops in the market to find you the best prices! (I search a different section of the market each time to get more results!)

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-28-2001 10:26 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
in G/S there are a lot of Anti-Game Shark "glitches" that Nintendo put in it's way to discourage sharkery.

Really? What? I haven't encountered any yet...

------------------
"Puberts are good for something after all..."
-Muku
"No! He's no longer a Pubert! ;_;"
-*HeRaCr0sS*
"Damn! I just noticed that!"
-Muku

(exchange in a thread after I described the correct way to legally catch a BPing smeargle)

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2001 08:53 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's because he sharked his stats up incorrectly.

What he would have done is sharked the stats directly. Thus when the computer tried to recalculate his stats, he didn't have the stat experience to keep them that high.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2001 09:41 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Given that the results of the "box trick" are really just the same results of training, it's no glitch. You can get max stat exp on any monster without "box tricking" by fighting little guys in chromatics, and by the darecare XP erase feature in metallics.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Go Beep with many people"
-Stadium 2 slut

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sonuis
Sonius
Member # 1508

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2001 07:34 PM      Profile for Sonuis   Email Sonuis   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've had the Box Trick decrease my statistics before, and I don't use GameShark.

------------------
Hilda: Now you give Hilda a big kiss ¦()

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.