The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Color variation in stadium:weird colors...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Color variation in stadium:weird colors...
D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 08:08 AM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today,made some trade between my silver and my blue cart.One ofthe pecimen from silver is a bulbasaur.By curiosity,I take a look at him in stadium.What a shock!!
Eyes and mouth :yellow/orange
body: dark blue
Bulb: light blue
ID:41001
nick:BULBI
My nickname: D-T
If you have weird things like this one,I'm interested!

------------------
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

[This message has been edited by D-Teclis (edited 05-24-2001).]

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 08:26 AM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have that exact same Suicune blue Bulbasaur that you have But mine's called Bulace (all caps).

If also have lots of other colors. Orange Chanseys, Red Exeggcutes, Pink Pidgeots, etc. etc.

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

[This message has been edited by Sudowoodo (edited 05-24-2001).]

Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 01:00 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I thought you people knew that pokémon in stadium changed colour if you give them certain nicknames...

Didn't you (D-Teclis) perform some tests a few months ago, to see exactly how the colours changed depending on the nickname?

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

D-Teclis
Farting Nudist
Member # 974

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 01:25 PM      Profile for D-Teclis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:
I thought you people knew that pokémon in stadium changed colour if you give them certain nicknames...

Didn't you (D-Teclis) perform some tests a few months ago, to see exactly how the colours changed depending on the nickname?

Yes,I performed some tests.But I'm actually interested by the specimen whose colors are really different from the normal one,not just a small variation.
1)I want to see what colors we can get.If we can get red exeggute,pure red chansey,white clefable or anything imaginable,or each specie has a sort of limit.
2)what is the role of the ID?2 theories:
-the ID determine the first color,and the second color is determined by using the first color and the normal color (I don't see how to explain it clearly in english...)
-the ID will determine the 2 colors
In each case,with my tests,I think that 2 colors are determinated,and the final color will be chosen on akind of "spectrum of light" between these 2 colors.

*back to catching rattatas*

------------------
Hearing about brats getting their butt's kicked is always satisfying.~~Pokegod

Sudowoodo
Farting Nudist
Member # 1768

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 01:50 PM      Profile for Sudowoodo     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are my three examples of any help to your research?

------------------
The moon is made of chocolate

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2001 02:33 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Blink* the rarest color I have in mine is my shiny remoirad... well that and my machamp with a green belt !

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2001 06:07 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I suspect that the combination of trainer ID and nickname effectively randomizes colors. It's probably like the Magikarp length formula or the Headbutt Tree formula. Even if you figured them out, it wouldn't matter much, and you still wouldn't really be able to use it for anything. And coaxing that kind of info out of the code of S2 seems much harder than fiddling with the GS code...

The weirdest color combos I've seen have been with my Shiny Ditto. At the start, it the usual shiny blue, but after Transformation, it takes on some bizarre coloration patters--I'd almost describe some as flourescent.

My gripe with the colors is that the Shinys don't have the same colors in Stadium 2 that they had on the Gameboy. I bred a Shiny Sudowoodo the other day, and it looks neat on GS. But on S2, it's even more drab that non-shiny version. My Shiny Tentacool doesn't look right on S2, either...On the other hand, myother Shinys (Gyarados, Nidorino, and Ditto) all look correct on S2, so I don't know how widespread the changes are...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 05-25-2001 11:29 PM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*agrees* you know how rapidash looks like in game boy?, All ghost-rider-e? Well in Sta2 it just looks extremly brighter then normal.

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
doralee23
Farting Nudist
Member # 165

Member Rated:
posted 05-27-2001 01:07 PM      Profile for doralee23   Email doralee23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have para named LELAC it's crimsom.
My i.d. is 54002 and my name is MUSASHI.

------------------
Tasy Breaded Pokemon:
One plump Pidgy,or Farfetched, (Pidgetto and Delibird are reccomend for big feeds)
Marinated bird pokemon in olive oil , thyme and basil. Bread with bread crumbs mixed with wheat germ and garlic. Cook in oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Skin sould crispy not soggy or brunt.
Serve with Rice piliaf seson with Megauium leaves.
I'm not stupid! Just very lazy!
I'll mispell If i damn well feel like it!

From: A beautiful feild with bees and choclate milk. | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
/me wonders if DV's have ANYTHING to do with it?

------------------
Member of DTaholics annonymous
Member of Neopets!
real killer, I think, is hopelessness" - Brayze

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.