The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A mountain of questions

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A mountain of questions
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 05-21-2001 08:55 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does Conversion and Conversion2 consider the type of Hidden Power?
What moves are not possible in the RBY version of Metronome?
What is the complete list of effects that Haze (GS) can remove?
What moves can Sleep Talk not use, besides itself?
What are the odds of running from a wild battle?
What are the odds of you getting a fish when using the rods?
What are the base stats and TM compatibility of Missingno.?
What factor decides how often trainers will call, and by which trainer?
Exactly what effect do certain radio stations have on how often Pokémon will appear?
By how much do Fresh Water, Soda Pop, and Lemonade increase happiness?
What is, or where can I find, the complete list of hidden items in GS?
What is, or where can I find, the complete list of hidden items in Crystal?
What is, or where can I find, the complete list of hidden items in RBY?
In how many steps after receiving the bicycle will the Bike Shop call?
Is it true that the RBY version of Focus Energy reduces the chances of a Critical Hit?
Does Belly Drum increase the user's Attack by 10 or 12 stages?
Does Baton Pass transfer the effects of Attract?
Does Bide induce a Critical Hit?
Does Rapid Spin free the user of Mean Look/Spider Web?
If the user gains a level during battle, will Pay Day notice the change?
If the user gains a level during battle, will Seismic Toss/Night Shade notice the change?
What is the complete list of prizes in the Lucky Number Show?

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/
Help me answer tough GS questions!

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2001 10:45 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Trainer Calls: MU says this is automatic, triggered by a certain number of steps. I don't know how many steps. The trainer is certainly random. If you need a trainer to call, delete all others.

Radio Stations: Gossip says the March increases the rate of wild encounters. Even if so, the effect is trival.

Happiness is NOT affected by Fresh Water, Soda, or Lemondade. According to Continue, who is pretty definative. It should work that way, but it doesn't.

Hidden Items: I'm working on that. One of these days I'll post that info.

Focus Energy: Check out the info on this site. They tested it again and again. It was a glitch. Fixed in Stadium and GS.

Belly Drum: Errr...I thought it automatically maxed Attack to 999... But I dunno...

Rapid Spin: I've read it does in fact release you from Mean Look...But I dunno...

Lucky Number Show: If you get the last two numbers right, you get PP Up. Three last numbers gets Exp. Share. All five gets the Master Ball. No one has reported winning anything with the last four four numbers...

Hope I didn't spread too much disinformation here...

------------------
This is not a signature.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 01:39 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It only increases to the max of 6 stages. No further. Caps at 999.

No.

Does Baton Pass transfer the effects of Attract?
To Pokemon of same gender, yes.

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 06:36 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tghost It only increases to the max of 6 stages. No further. Caps at 999.

I thought it raised the attack by ten stages. So if for example you were sweet kissed twice, your attack would still go up to max.

------------------
"If there is today which exceeds me who does not care even if it is slow yesterday" - Team Mario's attempt to convince you to join them in the official F-Zero Advance championship.

NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 06:48 AM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geese:
[b]Tghost It only increases to the max of 6 stages. No further. Caps at 999.

I thought it raised the attack by ten stages. So if for example you were sweet kissed twice, your attack would still go up to max.

[/B]

You mean if you were Charmed twice.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
geese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1152

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 07:14 AM      Profile for geese   Email geese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
You mean if you were Charmed twice.

Did I say sweet kiss? Of course I meant charmed. Thanks.

------------------
"If there is today which exceeds me who does not care even if it is slow yesterday" - Team Mario's attempt to convince you to join them in the official F-Zero Advance championship.

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 09:23 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poccil:
What moves are not possible in the RBY version of Metronome?

RBY Metronome will pull up every single attack type.

What is the complete list of effects that Haze (GS) can remove?

All modifications to stats, being Attack, Defense, Speed, Special Attack, Special Defense, Accuracy and Evasion.
It will also (unless it has been changed) wipe away Mist.

What factor decides how often trainers will call, and by which trainer?

The trainer calling is completely random from your list. The call is usually every half an hour of play, and doesn't seem to be triggered by steps, but also won't pop up unless you step somewhere. I'm not sure exactly how it is done.
If you are trying to hunt down a swarm Pokemon the most efficient method is to delete every trainer off your phone list except those who don't give you 'updates' - Elm, your mother, Bill - This means the list will only have one trainer to choose from and you should get a call in about half an hour from him. 1/3 chance of it being about swarming, unless he previously challenged you to fight, in which case he only has two options of talking to choose from - Both of equal chance.

Is it true that the RBY version of Focus Energy reduces the chances of a Critical Hit?

The RBY Focus Energy glitches in the way it alters the Critical Hit calculation, providing, from testing, a lower chance of Critical Hitting. This was fixed in Stadium and in GS the Critical Hit calculation was changed totally.

People say 10.

Does Bide induce a Critical Hit?

Never. Nor does any set-damage attack or countering attack.

If the user gains a level during battle, will Pay Day notice the change?

Only if you use Pay Day after the level gain, the amount of coins it scatters is calculated when it hits, so if you were level 20 and hit twice with it, then gained a level and hit again at the end of the battle you would get 62 bucks.

If the user gains a level during battle, will Seismic Toss/Night Shade notice the change?

Yes, as with Pay Day the level is checked whenever it hits, not at the beginning of the battle.

What is the complete list of prizes in the Lucky Number Show?

PP Up, Exp Share and Masterball.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

[This message has been edited by Mu (edited 05-22-2001).]

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2001 04:13 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No.

What!? I thought that was the whole point of it!

*runs some tests*

Okay, I guess it only frees your from Wrap/Bind/Clamp/etc, not the dedicated trapping moves.

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 05-24-2001 01:12 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Read this....

http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/Training/Battle_StatusStages.htm

Belly Drum does up 10, but only to a max of 6

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.