The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Stone Evolution Through Switching

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Stone Evolution Through Switching
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2001 05:32 PM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A loooong time ago, I read about a method of evolution in R/B/Y wherein evolutions that were normally only available through the use of stones could be triggered by switching to a certain Pokémon upon level change. It was a glitch to do with the bytes that Pokémon and stones shared.

If I remember rightly, every stone had a corresponding Pokémon, except Fire, in which case it was Missingno.

The only one I can remember is the Water Stone corresponding with Onix (I think). So, if you fought in a battle in single player with your Staryu, and piggybacked to Onix, when the Staryu leveled up at the end of the battle, it would evolve.

I think that's how it went. Anyway, can anyone remember exactly how it went? Or even better, can someone dredge up the results from the forum? I'm not having any luck with the search facility, I suspect the post may have been deleted due to its age.

------------------
"We're all fucked up, so what ya wanna do,
With fucked up me, and fucked up you?
"-Hot Dog, Limp Bizkit
AIM: PsybroUK

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 05-21-2001 11:09 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's what I once had on my website about it--I think it's missing a step, though:

In order to evolve a stone-evolving Pokémon without a stone, refer to the chart below. Put the Pokémon that you are trying to evolve into slot one of your belt, and the Pokémon specified below in slot two. Once you have your first and second slots filled, battle until the first raises a level, and it will evolve.

If you have a Pikachu, it evolves with a Thunder Stone. A Thunder Stone's HEX value is 21. Growlithe's HEX value is also 21. Here's a chart of Stone, Pokémon equivalent (second slot on belt), and their HEX values:

Evolution Stone/Pokémon for Slot 2/HEX Value
Moon Stone/Exeggutor/0A
Fire Stone/MissingNo./20
Thunderstone/Growlithe/21
Water Stone/Onix/22
Leaf Stone/Psyduck/2F

-----
As was said in the time of the thread when it appeared here, the only one that should ever truely be needed is Exeggutor for the Moon Stone evolving, since that's the only stone that you can't buy. Kinda' ironic that in Gold/Silver, it's the Moon Stone that's about always available, and the others that are limited, ne?

--Meowth346

Edit:
Thanks for catching that OrientalNoodle--it was supposed to read "Exeggutor" to evolve Moon Stone-able Pokémon, not a Leaf Stone. I'd like to see someone try switching out a Leaf Stone to evovle their Clefairy ^_^;;;;

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 05-22-2001).]

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 05-21-2001 11:58 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does it work int G/S?
From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Flareon
Farting Nudist
Member # 299

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 01:32 AM      Profile for Flareon   Email Flareon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I read somewhere that Starter Pikachu won't evolve with a Stone in the game. A Growlithe would be handy for that.

------------------
If it's true that we're here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?
-George Carlin

From: Yokosuka, Japan | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 02:33 AM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's handy, but...

Moon Stone has a Leaf Stone for it's triggering Pokémon? O_o

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Psybro
Half Psyduck. Half Slowbro. All cop.
Member # 290

Member Rated:
posted 05-22-2001 09:31 AM      Profile for Psybro   Email Psybro   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for that, Meowth.

I asked because I thought it'd be a cool trick to show to newbies.

From: Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-06-2001 07:56 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So that's why my friend's Pikachu evolved at level 23. Thanks!

[Typo edited.]

[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: Twinkle ]

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.