The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A question about Safeguard

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A question about Safeguard
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2001 08:09 AM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Lets say You have a Pokemon with Rest and Safeguard, you put up the Safeguard then you try to Rest. Will you get healed but stay awake or will you go to sleep or will you not be able to use Rest at all

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Zerot
I pay schoolgirls to verbally abuse me.
Member # 1295

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2001 09:52 AM      Profile for Zerot   Author's Homepage   Email Zerot   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am positive that you will still sleep.

Correct me if I am wrong.

From: Lizton, Indiana | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2001 06:09 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Safeguard + Rest = Insomniac.

It protects against ALL status changes, so Rest will fail.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2001 03:29 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
See, this is how all those annoying Pokemon myths get started. People shoot their mouths off without bothering to actually do research on the issue...

When there is a Safeguard up, Rest performs exactly the same as if Safeguard wasn't there. You recover your HP, sleep for two more turns, then wake up and attack.

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.