The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Fun metallic stadium glitch.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fun metallic stadium glitch.
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 03:25 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Computer runs out of PP for a move.

So it leaves the "pick another move" screen up until you quit.

Excellent.

Did this happen in chromatic stadium?

------------------
-cfalcon

"I want to punch Quagsire "
-Fish151PKMN

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 11:27 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
LOL!!!

I think that RBY didn't keep track of PP. Is that right?

------------------
Heh, I'm Mr. Tm47 and I still don't get it.
-AznExplosN

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. K
Racist
Member # 2

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2001 10:50 AM      Profile for Mr. K   Author's Homepage   Email Mr. K   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, you could run the old CPU out of PP. I had to do it all the time to get thru the toughest R2 matches with Team Wiggly. Snorlax would just sit there, eating Razor Leafs and Resting until it was finally safe to put Victreebel away, for example.

So...I won't be able to do that in Stadium 2?

From: Cinnabar Island | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 05-05-2001 01:12 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think he means chromatic RBY, which I am very suspicious of. (Stupid Dragonite's Blizzard...)

------------------
"Finish it off with False Swipe!" - Shingo

PoKamek
Farting Nudist
Member # 257

Rate Member
posted 05-05-2001 10:22 PM      Profile for PoKamek   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I told you that thing cheated. >_<

------------------
Kamek, Master Magikoopa
Kamek's Kastle

From: Koopa Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2001 09:33 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I remember a time fighting Gary's Exeggutor on Gameboy, when it used Sleep Powder around thirty times...

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

Double-Edge
Farting Nudist
Member # 371

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2001 07:28 PM      Profile for Double-Edge   Email Double-Edge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I got the CPU to struggle in Chromatic Stadium, so that's weird that Metallic stadium would mess up like that.

------------------

ThomasTR
Farting Nudist
Member # 580

posted 05-08-2001 03:52 PM      Profile for ThomasTR     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Computer Players Can Lose PP in: Stadium and G/S/C

They have unlimited in: R/B/Y

------------------
Almost as if it were being controlled by something else, it never changes expressions, even in the middle of battle.

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 05:35 PM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute, I got a Gyarados to use Struggle (it only had 5 Hyper Beam PP) in the Elite 4 class at Earl's Academy. This would indicate that cfalcon's glitch doesn't always happen. What were the exact circumstances, cfalcon?

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe you can use Struggle and the computer cannot.

------------------
Heh, I'm Mr. Tm47 and I still don't get it.
-AznExplosN

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 05-08-2001 11:10 PM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know, when I beat my R2 Rival in Stadium 2, both of our Mewtwos were using Struggle at the very end. For quite a few turns...So I don't understand the original question...

------------------
This is not a signature.

White Cat
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2001 01:45 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Maybe you can use Struggle and the computer cannot.

No, this was a computer-controlled Gyarados that was using Struggle.

------------------
-- Me, two years ago

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2001 12:27 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heh, White Cat, How was I supposed to know that it was the computer from what you said?
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2001 02:04 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only time the computer had unlimited PP was in chromatic GB.

The computer can struggle normally: you struggle when you use any attack and have NO PP. If you run out of PP in a move, and try to choose that move, a helpful screen will pop up, telling you to pick another move. This is fine: the problem is that the computer refuses to take the hint (or did once at least), shaking its digital head in disbelief that it might run out of PP.

If the computer only has one move, then it will struggle normally.

Presumably, if it also had tackle, it would sit on its zero Hyper Beams.

------------------
-cfalcon

"I want to punch Quagsire "
-Fish151PKMN

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 05-12-2001 11:27 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like to congratulate the developers for ruining the chances of PP wasters everywhere.

------------------
The previous post is entirely my opinion. If you don't like it, bite me.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 05-14-2001 11:19 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It isn't a good design idea to have a recalcitrant computer, and it's still possible it doesn't do that all the time...

I mean, if they don't like PP wasting, they don't need to build a game where it is even remotely possible.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.