The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Future Sight: For What??

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Future Sight: For What??
Dabid
Farting Nudist
Member # 578

Rate Member
posted 05-03-2001 07:04 PM      Profile for Dabid   Email Dabid   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could someone explain to me the uses or strategies for using Future Sight? To me, it seems like it's the same as Psychic, but you have to wait 2 moves to have it attack. Yeah, it hits Dark types, but by the time your Future Sight hits your Psychic is already dead... Is there any real use for this move, or is it a throw-away?
From: Rocky River, OH USA | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 05-03-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In that case, use Reflect immediately before using Future Sight.

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/

[This message has been edited by poccil (edited 05-03-2001).]

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
FYI, I do think Future Sight hits, even if you switch out the pokemon. I'm not sure about if you KO the psychic type. But, Future Sight hit one of my pokes after it switched to another, in Stadium 2.

------------------
Uno, Dos, Zesty!!
http://www.angelfire.com/pa4/jman/home1.html

Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 05-03-2001 11:11 PM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is how I see it. If an opponent keeps recovering off hits, you use Furture Sight and just keep attacking. On the third turn you will deal your attack damage and Future Sight damage. Do you get what I'm saying? It's just a lot of damage on a single turn.

------------------
Heh, I'm Mr. Tm47 and I still don't get it.
-AznExplosN

[This message has been edited by Biffster (edited 05-03-2001).]

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 07:40 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, Biffter's explanation is the only use that I had thought of. I can't think of many situations where it would be that useful, though.

Future Sight can hit Dark types; does it ignore the super-effective/not-very-effective stuff too? Do Psychic types get STAB with it? If you switch after using it and before it hits, is the based on the Special Attack of the user or the guy who is out now, and how does STAB work in this situation?

------------------
"If you're walking alone in the forest, and a tree falls on you, do you make a sound?"
-- The Confused Philosopher

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 05-04-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"damage is calculated from the original user's stats, regardless of which pokémon is currently out. does not recognize victim's type. until the current use of future sight has had a chance to hit the target, all subsequent uses will fail."

of course, the entry needs to be updated to point out that it does NOT get stab.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 05-06-2001 12:28 AM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Biffster:
Here is how I see it. If an opponent keeps recovering off hits, you use Furture Sight and just keep attacking. On the third turn you will deal your attack damage [b]and Future Sight damage. Do you get what I'm saying? It's just a lot of damage on a single turn.

[/B]

Yeah, that's about it. It's like Splash, it just doesn't much of a use.

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2001 06:01 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by poccil:
In that case, use Reflect immediately before using Future Sight.

Is this advertising? It seems horribly egotistical and homosexual.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 05-19-2001 01:45 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel Calavera:
Is this advertising? It seems horribly egotistical and homosexual.

That's poccil for you

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 05-29-2001 10:18 PM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Weeeell, there's the old Lugia Future Sight moveset...

Safeguard
Future Sight
Fly
Recover
>> Item

Use Safeguard, use Future Sight, use Fly, then Recover. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Safeguard lasts until just after Recover. Future Sight and Fly hit simultaniously. It's able to do quite a bit of damage and remain a force to be reconned with.

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2001 02:41 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The advantages of Future Sight are many-fold.

1) It does neutral damage to ALL types.
2) I believe it gets STAB.
3) It goes into effect even if the Pokemon switches out.
4) It goes into effect even if the Pokemon faints.

An additional usage of Future Sight is pure spite. Think you Kazam's gonna faint in the next turn? Future sight, sacrifice Kazam, and leave your opponent a going away present from Kazam.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 06-15-2001 02:48 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It doesn't get STAB.

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 06-16-2001 01:48 AM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
More Future Sight wonders!

Alakazam (Obfuscate)

Future Sight
Light Screen
Reflect
Recover
>> Item

Future Sight, then use Light Screen and Reflect in the following turns. Afterwhich, Switch. The switchee has full defense and some damage is scored.

Mana Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 905

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 03:33 PM      Profile for Mana Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Mana Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Yeah, that's about it. It's like Splash, it just doesn't much of a use.

SPLASH is the BEST MOVE IN Pokémon!!!!

------------------
~All life begins with Nu and Ends with Nu...
~That's my Belief...
~At least for Now...
----------------------
Visit my Pokemon code archive!

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-17-2001 06:40 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mana Lugia:
SPLASH is the BEST MOVE IN Pokémon!!!!

You frighten me.

------------------
A little sampling of my free time.
"Your Machamp. My Machop. Bum sex. Now." -My brother

[This message has been edited by cmsnrub25 (edited 06-17-2001).]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 06-19-2001 08:14 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Natural" Xatu

-Fly
-Future Sight
-Confuse Ray
-Psychic/Night Shade

Confuse Ray, Future Sight, Fly. Psychic/Night Shade as an alternate attack. If you're lucky, you'll get in 3 attacks in 1 turn.

Plus, no wasted TM's or breeding time.

------------------
"Finish it off with False Swipe!" - Shingo

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 12:28 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moltres23:
More Future Sight wonders!

Alakazam (Obfuscate)

Future Sight
Light Screen
Reflect
Recover
>> Item

Future Sight, then use Light Screen and Reflect in the following turns. Afterwhich, Switch. The switchee has full defense and some damage is scored.

** Not a bad idea =) **

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 09:13 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Moltres23:
Weeeell, there's the old Lugia Future Sight moveset...

Safeguard
Future Sight
Fly
Recover
>> Item

Use Safeguard, use Future Sight, use Fly, then Recover. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. Safeguard lasts until just after Recover. Future Sight and Fly hit simultaniously. It's able to do quite a bit of damage and remain a force to be reconned with.

YYYYYYYYIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Someone other than me likes this 'set . heh

FS is mostly only good in case you're against that odd Starmie who keeps recovering your attacks away. Simply use a *insert strong attack here* and when future sight hits, it also does that damage.

However, other than that, it's not much use.

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 09:56 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is just a joke, the following joke does not necessarily represent the personal opinions of MK & MK Inc.

Well, if you count all the attacks in Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal, there's 251. The same # as Pokemon. Nintendo ran out of good ideas & one dummy there is like, hey, I know, let's make a move that's exactly like Psychic, has a lower accuracy, and takes 3 turns before it does anything! Make Lugia learn it at a high level and the kids will think it's worth something, whahahaha!

-MK

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 10:44 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Future Sight is a pain in the ass if timed correctly.

Set up the future sight, and attack relentlessly. Get the opponent to a point where their Pokemon's HP is at like 10-15%. Then BAM, Future Sight hits and finishes the Pokemon off.

I'm not sure about this, but I think it cuts through evasion. Even when a Pokemon is DT'd 6 times, Future Sight tends to hit more often than not.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-21-2001 11:34 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
True true. But, I'd still be hesitant to leave it on a Lugia. But then again, I'm hesitant to use my Lv 100 Lugia anyway! I'd rather win with others. Sure Lugia's tough, but there's something about it I don't like or something. Maybe it's cause every Newbie has one on his team. But, not all people who use Lugia are newbies, but, all newbies use Lugia, correct?

-MK

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-22-2001 11:37 AM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Has anyone thought of Future Sight use in Toxic Spikes Storm teams?

Hmm... someone should couple Confuzzle Ray and future sight into TSS-teams. *runz to GSBot*

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 07:15 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use stuff like sharked max stats Lugias and I am not a newbie because I have been playing pokemon since the begining back in Fall '98! I even have a regular level 53 blastoise that has a blue version moveset and it dominates all of the poke cups and many of the gyms in both stadiums. It doesn't need a GS moveset to win! Once I find the scope lens, I will do better.

------------------
My pokemon skills even make GODS look inferior to me!

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 07:41 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theclaw:
I use stuff like sharked max stats Lugias and I am not a newbie because I have been playing pokemon since the begining back in Fall '98! I even have a regular level 53 blastoise that has a blue version moveset and it dominates all of the poke cups and many of the gyms in both stadiums. It doesn't need a GS moveset to win! Once I find the scope lens, I will do better.

*Can't seem to stop laughing...

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
CrystalMeth
Farting Nudist
Member # 1485

Member Rated:
posted 07-30-2001 08:55 AM      Profile for CrystalMeth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it me or has there been a huge influx of morons lately?
From: Hell on Earth | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.