next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Sketch Question

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sketch Question
Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 05-02-2001 10:29 AM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it possible to have smeargle learn moves used on another pokemon if that other pokemon puts the pokemon to sleep and then uses Baton Pass? For example a venomoth with baton pass goes against Lugia. Lugia uses recover then venomoth sucessfully uses sleep powder. Could venomoth use baton pass to switch to smeargle and then could smeargle sketch recover? I would try but I don't have enough time.

------------------

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 07:12 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work, since no move has been used "against" the Smeargle when it tries to Sketch. However, why not just have the Lugia use Recover when the Smeargle is out, and Sketch it then?

------------------
"If you're walking alone in the forest, and a tree falls on you, do you make a sound?"
-- The Confused Philosopher

Andrusus
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1657

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 09:59 AM      Profile for Andrusus     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was just an example. It could apply to any move. Also if it does work you could teach some powerful moves to a low level smeargle.

------------------

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 05-04-2001 05:03 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If that works,I could teach Ancient Power to the Smeargle I intend to breed a Donphan with to get Ancient Power without having to make a special Diglett to learn it!

ME:
L60 Venomoth - Baton Pass,Sleep Powder, Double Team
L31 Smeargle

ENEMY:
L43 Corsola - Ancient Power

Corsola uses Ancient Power
I put it to sleep,DT up,and pass to Smeargle
Smeargle sketches Ancient Power

------------------
[Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.