next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » SuperFang

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: SuperFang
jedi_DOJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 844

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 06:42 PM      Profile for jedi_DOJ     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
... or was it hyperfang? Basically the one that in RBY reduced you HP 1/2 your maximum HP (e.g., you go down in two hits no matter what).

Well, in GS, this move removes 1/2 of your current HP. If you have 400 hp, you go down to 200hp. Then the next hit would bring you down to 100, then to 50, and so forth. I don't know if you can knock out a pokemon with it though. The stadium had this move and I noticed this.

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 07:37 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's the same way it worked in r/b.. it never killed u in 2 hits.. for that matter it will never kill u at all..

------------------
"I had to just stop and laugh at myself, still nobody knows my name, nobody knows my name."
-Vertical Horizon

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 05-01-2001 08:01 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
That's the same way it worked in r/b.. it never killed u in 2 hits.. for that matter it will never kill u at all..

Yep.

Let's take the 400 example.

It would go...

0 SFs: 400
1: 200
2: 100
3: 50
4: 25
5: 13 (does 12 due to decimal drop)
6: 7 (does 6 due to decimal drop)
7: 4 (does 3 due to decimal drop)
8: 2
9: 1
10: 1 (does 0 due to decimal drop)

But, if it rounded up:

0 SFs: 400
1: 200
2: 100
3: 50
4: 25
5: 12 (does 13 due to round up)
6: 6
7: 3
8: 1 (does 2 due to round up)
9: 0 (does 1 due to round up)

However, IIRC, it drops the decimal (rounds down) instead of rounding up. So Super Fang will never kill.

Then again, Super Fang + Hyper Beam on a Raticate can be a deadly combo.

------------------
-NickWhiz1
The "Best Statistics Follower" of the CLST

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, still the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Robochu82
Farting Nudist
Member # 871

Rate Member
posted 05-02-2001 01:13 AM      Profile for Robochu82   Email Robochu82   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, after testing it on Stadium 2, Super Fang will eventually KO an opponent.

Of course, you first have to get your opponent down to 1 HP before Super Fang will KO it.

Oh well, your better off with just Super Fang/Hyper Beam anyway.

------------------

From: Florissant, MO USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 05-02-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember reading a post that had something about a critical hit super fang killing in one shot. Now this is pure memory, and I haven't been able to find the post (its probably deleted), so this is nothing to go by.

I recall them saying they used a Dire Hit and then used a Super fang on Miltank in the normal gym, and it CHed and took it out. Bah, I need to test this, and I'm busy testing out the burning a fire type thing right now (so far nothing).

------------------
dark is stronger then any other pokemon i some how bet a level 20 machocke with a dark catier pe at level 2.
-some goofy newbie

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 05-20-2001 06:11 AM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Super Fang NEVER Criticals. I tested it, and out of 200 attempts (Holding Scope Lens, used a Dire Hit), Super Fang will never produce a critical. Hyper Fang on the other hand, almost always Criticals.

------------------
Absurd length? Poo.

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 05-23-2001 03:37 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hyper Fang has a normal chance of a critical hit. Its side effect is a 10% chance of flinching.

------------------
"What exactly does the Speed rating do? The only thing I've found is that it determines who goes first each turn, which is pretty pointless."
-- Me, two years ago

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.