The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » flail/reversal tests

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: flail/reversal tests
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-21-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
much of it matches information already known.

power starts at 20. at 68% of max hp it become 40, 80 at 35%, 100 at 20%, 150 at 10%, and 200 at 4%. it is NOT based on actual hp, but on current hp in relation to max hp (just like everyone thought before, but i just wanted to be sure).

i did run into one instance that was odd, tho. the power actually changes when the hp passes below a certain value: 176/256, 91/256, 54/256, 27/256, and 11/256. however, one of the tests had a blissey with 149/713 hp that had a power of 80 on the attack. from all my other data, the hp was too low for this by one point. once the hp went below 150, it SHOULD have had 100 power. so i can only whine that the EXACT points at which the power increases are eluding me, but i'm only off by one point in one of six possible attack powers, which was in one of three tests. an irrelevant delinquency, imho.

it also turns out that damage from flail/reversal is NOT random. the random variable in the battle damage formula (usually 217-255) is always 255.

and if anyone's not sure, it does get stab and doesn't ignore types, just like a normal attack.

edit: forgot to mention that they don't critical hit. the odds of a critical hit are pretty low, but i noticed quickly that i wasn't getting any. they usually plague my tests, making it hard sometimes to get the correct data. with all the attacks i made, i think it's safe to assume critical hits just don't happen with reversal/flail. 's what everyone else says, too.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

[This message has been edited by spunman (edited 04-21-2001).]

Moltres23
Farting Nudist
Member # 26

Member Rated:
posted 04-26-2001 04:33 AM      Profile for Moltres23   Email Moltres23   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's confirmed that it does not Critical. However, the variable being constant is news to me!

Thanks for the info!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.