The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Endure/Explosion and more questions...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Endure/Explosion and more questions...
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 12:32 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1)Endure decreases in accuracy every consecutive turn you use it, but what if you use it every alternate turn, by doing Endure/Reversal combo?

2)Is it true that when you use Explosion/Selfdestruct, the opponent's defense is cut in half?

I'll add more if I have any more ^_^. Thanx in advance

------------------

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 04-15-2001 01:24 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mad DoctorX:
1)Endure decreases in accuracy every consecutive turn you use it, but what if you use it every alternate turn, by doing Endure/Reversal combo?

I believe Endure, Reversal, and Flail have their own accuracy scale, although this hasn't been proven.

2)Is it true that when you use Explosion/Selfdestruct, the opponent's defense is cut in half?

Yes. I don't know whether the opponent's defense remains halved, since it does so much damage.

I'll add more if I have any more ^_^. Thanx in advance

------------------
Peter Occil, in charge of The Ultimate Pokemon Center
Check out my Gold/Silver Guides! http://www.poccil.f2s.com/games/gs/guides/

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-15-2001 02:47 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
using endure, reversal, endure, reversal, etc. is fine. endure will always have 99.6% accuracy if used like this. it's only when using detect, endure, and/or protect consecutively that you start running into problems. they all run off the same variable for accuracy, so using any combination of the three consecutively lowers accuracy the same as if you kept using one consecutively. reversal and flail don't use this variable, so using either of those will reset the detect/endure/protect accuracy to 99.6%.

haven't tested selfdestruct or explosion yet.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 03:28 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why is it, spunman, and pocil answer my questions in the research lab all the time? Thanx ^_^ Nice website pocil, I'll have to test the Explosion thing.

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-15-2001 03:48 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
cuz i'm online too much. my girlfriend's out of town.
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 04:52 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3)Has anyone ever tested, Endure/Explosion? Would you survive the Explosion and deal damage?

4)On pokesta2 I heard legendaries like M2 are banned, what sections of the game though... ex pokecup etc?

------------------

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 12:10 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mad DoctorX:
3)Has anyone ever tested, Endure/Explosion? Would you survive the Explosion and deal damage?

IIRC, Endure only lasts for the turn that it's used on. So Endure/Explosion won't work.

4)On pokesta2 I heard legendaries like M2 are banned, what sections of the game though... ex pokecup etc?

They let legendaries in Gym Leader Castle, and I think in the Prime Cup.

------------------
Official PBS punching bag
My G/S Strategy Guide: <A HREF="http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
(under" TARGET=_blank>http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbcolor/game/25388.html
</A>(under the name Donald)

[This message has been edited by cmsnrub25 (edited 04-16-2001).]

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 02:58 PM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New question... ^_^

If my Scizor used, Agillity, and another pokemon uses Thunderwave and MB heals the paralysis, would my speed be canceled out with Agillity?

------------------

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Only the Paralyzation would go away, MB only cures you of status-effects, not stat-altering things.

------------------
This is a sig. Do not think as a subliminal message, saying "Give all your money to OrientalNoodle".

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
KAK-tool
Farting Nudist
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
posted 04-18-2001 04:37 PM      Profile for KAK-tool     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
If my Scizor used, Agillity, and another pokemon uses Thunderwave and MB heals the paralysis, would my speed be canceled out with Agillity?

Once you are healed of paralysis, you are healed of the speed reduction as well. If you did one agility before they t-waved, then after you get healed you will still be 2x as fast. I think that answers your question...

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.