next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » Special Stat EXP

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Special Stat EXP
Juice
Farting Nudist
Member # 968

Rate Member
posted 04-12-2001 01:56 PM      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I need help determining which Pokemon I should battle to help out my Poliwag's Special Atk. and Special Def. stats, and possibly speed. I'm going to evolve it into a Politoed and I might as well get some special stats rolling. Which Pokemon should I battle to gain the stat EXP? Poliwag is only level 10 and I'm only up to Olvine so far.

------------------
I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo in a mask is never friendly.

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 02:42 PM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Juice:
I need help determining which Pokemon I should battle to help out my Poliwag's Special Atk. and Special Def. stats, and possibly speed. I'm going to evolve it into a Politoed and I might as well get some special stats rolling. Which Pokemon should I battle to gain the stat EXP? Poliwag is only level 10 and I'm only up to Olvine so far.

I think you fight Chanseys for special def. I don't know about attack though.

------------------
"A Pokémon long admired for its beauty.It runs gracefully as if on wings."-red/blue Pokédex
"This ledgendary Chinese Pokémon is considered magnificent.Many people are enchanted by it's grand mane."-gold Pokédex
"It's magnificent bark convays a sense of majesty.Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it"-silver Pokédex

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 04:03 PM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As White Cat pointed out long ago, the special defense base stat is unimportant for getting stat EXP. It's all about the special attack.

So you need to fight Mewtwos.

Ok, seriously, I think there's some Kadabras north of Goldenrod or something. In any case, look for the large SP ATK critters and eat them up.

Kadabras have both high special attack (for special stat EXP) and speed (for speed stat EXP). Check Necrosaro's site (it's under links from Azure's main page) for locations.

------------------
-cfalcon

"Does the phrase "Hotmail Session Ended" sound vulgar to either of you?"
-pkthunder

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Divine Wind
Farting Nudist
Member # 1051

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2001 12:44 AM      Profile for Divine Wind   Author's Homepage   Email Divine Wind   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The best part would be west of Lavender. It has Haunters (In Gold, and at Night) AND Kadabras (both versions, all times), which both have high speed and special.
Juice
Farting Nudist
Member # 968

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2001 03:37 PM      Profile for Juice     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SInce I'm no where even close to Kadabras or even Haunters I settled with leveling up with a constant flow of GHastlys to make Poliwag reach level 15. From then on it was very tireing. I went after Abras on route 34. It took me two hours to gain 2 levels. The reason being the rareity of Abra encounters, and the fact that I had to use Hypnosis on them everytime to prevent Telaportation. Since Hypnosis has crap accuracy that just added to the situation. Right now the Poliwag is level 20....

------------------
I've seen enough horror movies to know that any weirdo in a mask is never friendly.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 04-14-2001 12:57 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just wondering.. r u raising it all the way up to lvl100? If so, from that low, fighting just about any poke would get it to max stat b4 it maxed out in levels... esp if u use stat boosters.

------------------
"I had to just stop and laugh at myself, still nobody knows my name, nobody knows my name."
-Vertical Horizon

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.