The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » A way to get any move onto a Pokemon without sharking!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A way to get any move onto a Pokemon without sharking!
BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 10:36 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I was thinking about this, and I'll use Marowak as an example.

Mystery gift with a friend who has Recover and Sketch on a Smeragle.

Have a Marowak who has Mimic (I think everyone in RBY can learn this).

Now, here's how the battle goes:

Smeragle uses Sketch, learns Earthquake.

Marowak uses Mimic, learns Sketch.

Hit Smeragle until his HP is low, and he's gonna recover, possibly with False Swipe.

Smeragle uses Recover.

Marowak uses Sketch, Marowak learns Recover!

Will this work? That'd be awesome if it did! You could use any moveset you wanted to with this! That'd be kinda cheap, but I wonder if it's possible. Does anyone know?

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
TeeJay
Farting Nudist
Member # 265

Member Rated:
posted 04-11-2001 11:56 PM      Profile for TeeJay     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nah, I bet it will Mimic the last move input, which was EQ. However, what if the Smeargle went first and used Sketch, it would fail, correct? THEN Mimic. Hmmm... interesting, I'll try it.

------------------
"the freakin OWNER of PBS..."
-UltimaMog

AIM: daBIGTom

From: Overland Park, Kansas, USA | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 12:56 AM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Report back to us with your info!! It will be so cool if it works.

------------------
G/S Team: North Knights
I am Canadian.
"No beer and no TV make Homer something something" -homer
"Go Crazy??" -marge
"Don't mind if I do!!" -homer

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Divine Wind
Farting Nudist
Member # 1051

Rate Member
posted 04-12-2001 02:27 AM      Profile for Divine Wind   Author's Homepage   Email Divine Wind   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I may be wrong, but I think that Sketch is un-mimicable, to stop this kind of thing from happening. I also think it is metronome-locked, and sketch-locked (you can't sketch or metronome sketch). I may be wrong, but that it what I heard somewhere... *tries to remember*
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 06:55 AM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's been proven many times in the past that you cannot Metronome or Mimic Sketch.

Otherwise, I'd be running around with a Swords Dancing Aeroblasting Rock Sliding Aerodactyl or something.

Or a Sporing Electrode

------------------
-NickWhiz1
The "Best Statistics Follower" of the CLST

NickWhiz1's Pokemon Domain, still the worst Pokemon site in existence XD

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
KingKoffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1546

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 07:04 AM      Profile for KingKoffing   Email KingKoffing   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Divine Wind:
I may be wrong, but I think that Sketch is un-mimicable, to stop this kind of thing from happening. I also think it is metronome-locked, and sketch-locked (you can't sketch or metronome sketch). I may be wrong, but that it what I heard somewhere... *tries to remember*

Yeah that's right.
I think it was mentioned here sometime before Gold/Silver came out.

~Steel Arcanine~
Farting Nudist
Member # 1642

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 09:07 AM      Profile for ~Steel Arcanine~   Author's Homepage   Email ~Steel Arcanine~   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think you can do that. It's impossible to Mimic/Metranome Scetch

------------------
"A Pokémon long admired for its beauty.It runs gracefully as if on wings."-red/blue Pokédex
"This ledgendary Chinese Pokémon is considered magnificent.Many people are enchanted by it's grand mane."-gold Pokédex
"It's magnificent bark convays a sense of majesty.Anyone hearing it can't help but grovel before it"-silver Pokédex

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 04-12-2001 04:59 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, I tried it, you can't Mimic Sketch. Too bad, that'd be cool if you could.

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 01:04 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You actually think that being able to put any move on any Pokemon would be a good thing?

------------------
"Sometimes politicians prefer to bury their heads in the sand and thereby expose another part of their anatomies for public viewing."
-- Bishop Fred Henry

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 04-16-2001 10:13 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
You actually think that being able to put any move on any Pokemon would be a [b]good thing?

[/B]

No, not really. I just wanted to know if it would work. Did you see I said "That'd be cheap"

------------------

Psyduck rules!

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 02:21 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You also said it would be "awesome" and "cool".

------------------
"Sometimes politicians prefer to bury their heads in the sand and thereby expose another part of their anatomies for public viewing."
-- Bishop Fred Henry

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 04-17-2001 09:25 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
You also said it would be "awesome" and "cool".

Yes, but I was just wondering if that'd be possible. But it's not, so forget it.

------------------

Psyduck rules!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.