The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Research Lab   » DV transfer?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: DV transfer?
incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-07-2001 01:43 AM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While trying to catch a suitable breeding ditto, I got bored and began sending my poorly-gened blobs that I had caught out to battle against other dittos. I let my own and the wild ditto transform into each other for five or six rounds and I then caught the wild ditto. When I checked its stats, it seemed as though the freshly caught ditto had all the same DVs as the one I sent out to battle with it. I repeated the experiment with the same and different dittos with the same results. My game hasn’t been sharked or hacked and I wager it will work on other red or blue cartridges. I’m wondering if there’s any explanation of this aside from the obvious fact that it’s a glitch. That is unless of course I managed to catch the same DVs on several dittos consecutively in which case I would enlist in PBS and put this same luck towards schooling all of you with CHs.

------------------
"Extensive testing has proven that he's the best leek-wielding ninja duck in the game, and I stand by that." -Versus Books on Farfetch'd

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-07-2001 12:09 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you're talking about g/s, there's something wrong with your cart right away. you couldn't have two dittos transforming into each other. just checked out transfrom last night (along with PART of baton pass *groan*). you can't transform into a transformed pokémon. the first ditto to use transform would successfully transform into the other ditto, and would continue to do so for several rounds (since that'll be its only attack). the second ditto to transform will get the message "enemy ditto is unaffected" or something like that.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"use a slowpoke tail and pretend it's a dildo. i do it all the time!" - onix12
"poli!!! :@ whoo! a poli smiley... well, kinda..." - kerokato

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-07-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I meant red and blue.

------------------
"Extensive testing has proven that he's the best leek-wielding ninja duck in the game, and I stand by that." -Versus Books on Farfetch'd

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-07-2001 08:17 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I was bored, and still needed to Ditto hunt for certain Ditto stats, so I figured that I'd try this whilest at it. I first fromed to "gene pass" my Gyarados's "Shiny stats" to a Wild Ditto, but no luck. So, I tried sending out a Ditto, but the Wild Ditto *still* had random stats when caught. I tried leaving Ditto out for about 5 to 6 transforms (easy enough in Dodrio Mode) and I STILL got random stats on the Wild Dittos.

By the by, I was using the English Red version.

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-07-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After redoing the DV transfer method, it failed on me. I then attempted it again and still the caught dittos had randomized steps. Then, I remembered that I switched during the process and failed to do so now. After changing a few things I attempted the experiment again with success. Here are my exact steps.
Wild Ditto appears
Trained Ditto 1 sent out.
Trained Ditto 1 uses transform.
Wild Ditto uses transform.
Trained Ditto 1 switched out for trained Ditto 2.
Trained 2 Ditto uses transform.
Wild Ditto caught and rare candied to level equal to trained ditto 2.

On that last round of transform, the wild ditto can go first. I realize that I failed to mention that I led with ditto and then switched out to another. This is what has caused the trick to fail and for posting the incorrect sequence I apologize. I gave it a few more trials and it has worked on red and blue cartridges. The level of the dittos does not matter to my knowledge. The most interesting effect is that the ditto caught will still have either less or greater hit points that his maximum and I believe this would indicate what his HP DV would have been, however it is overwritten by healing at the pokecenter. Again I apologize for not giving more detailed steps.

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-08-2001 11:55 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whata' ya' know, it works ^_^ Now, if only I already had a Shiny Ditto, I could clone them to trade to others by copying their stats over! Good work, incompetent! Now I get to spend the day try to find a way to clone stats of someone else other than the Ditto ^_^

--Meowth346

------------------
Researcher in charge of Pokémon Forever, a compilation of about 1/1000th of my work.

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-08-2001 12:41 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I might dig up a transforming NOA mew and give it a whirl. I have yet to try it with someone besides ditto, but it might work....

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-09-2001 09:59 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It seems that no matter what, if the second Pokémon used Transforms, its genes go to the Wild Ditto. I'll probably try with Mimic (as Yay Porygon suggested to me) and Mirror Move--I can't remember offhand if either are compatible with Transform.

--Meowth346

------------------

Professor Utsugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1212

Rate Member
posted 04-09-2001 12:38 PM      Profile for Professor Utsugi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, I'm judging from the information acquired here, the passing of a Pokémon's gene to a Ditto requires the list said above, but indeed requires the pokemon you switch for to have the attack transform. Well, I'm wondering if this would indeed work....
---Scenario Case 1 Cart: Yellow---
1)Wild Ditto appears.
2)Trained Ditto 1 sent out.
2)Trained Ditto 1 uses Transform.
3)Wild Ditto uses Transform.
4)rained Ditto 1 switched out for Shiny Gyarados from Gold(Traded).
5)Wild Ditto uses transform.
6)Shiny Gyarados uses Mimic, to learn Transform.
7)Wild Ditto uses transform.
8)Shiny Gyarados uses Transform.
9)Wild Ditto caught and rare candied to level equal to trained ditto 2.

From this, is the rare candying of the wild Ditto actually needed for the process? And, would this indeed work?

--Utsugi

From: Fredericton NB, Canada | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-09-2001 10:15 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You don't need to Rare Candy a Ditto, Utsugi. At least, not to know if it's Shiny. If it's Shiny, all of its stats will be the same (minus HP) because it has even Base Stats.

--Meowth346

------------------

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-09-2001 10:27 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The rare candy part was merely to indicate the dittos were identical in genes. Have any of you come up with any success with this trick besides with ditto?

------------------

Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 04-09-2001 11:04 PM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've actually had an outstanding success!
Check it out here ^_^

[This message has been edited by Meowth346 (edited 04-09-2001).]

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-09-2001 11:25 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW, I didn't even have any idea that this would spin off into anything of this caliber. Good work on making the connection meowth. This proves that you can now transfer mew DVs to ditto and if one were to happen to have an F defense, 7/F special r/b/y pokemon around then it will garner the perfect breeding ditto! And last of all, a pokemon with max stats can now lead to the capture of a ditto with max stats!!!

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-10-2001 12:55 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is definitely going on my list. eh, at the bottom, tho. i wanna see if there's more possibilities...

too bad it doesn't work in g/s.

------------------

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2001 03:02 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG! This trick works!

To make it simpler....

1. Red Gyarados uses Mimic, learning Transform
2. Ditto transforms into Gyarados
3. Transform into Ditto/Gyarados
4. Weaken Ditto until he transforms again
5. Throw pokeball

No switching has to be involved. Thanks, Incompetent and Meowth346!

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-13-2001 06:52 PM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, since it is easy to "catch" a Shiny Ditto, what are the odds to get a Shiny Egg?

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

Mewbot
Farting Nudist
Member # 1473

Rate Member
posted 04-13-2001 07:09 PM      Profile for Mewbot     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh, BTW, this DOES work in Yellow. That's where I did it in.

------------------
Never underestimate the radish.

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-14-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good to hear that this works in yellow. As for the chances of getting shining offspring it's 1/64, but in the case of all female species I beleive it is 1/16.

------------------

Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 04-15-2001 12:54 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Incompetant, you are totally misnamed...You are an honest-to-god genius! I would never in a million years have been able to make such keen observations! (Meowth is brilliant too, but we already knew that...)

I'd wanted a Shiny Ditto for sooo long...and now I have one, thanks to you guys!

Thanks again to Incompetant and Mewoth!!

------------------
This is not a signature.

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-15-2001 01:12 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
incompetent: As for the chances of getting shining offspring it's 1/64, but in the case of all female species I beleive it is 1/16.

it'll always be 1/64 if you're using ditto. if you don't use ditto it depends on which parent has the correct genes and what the gender cutoff is for the species. (for instance: female shiny eevees do not exist.) your odds will never be better than 1/64, tho.

oh, look! sandshrew learns mimic in r/b/y! time to take my max def, max special sandshrew for a little walk...

------------------

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 04-15-2001 06:26 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
didn't check yellow (i assume only ram locations will be different), but here's what i've got:

at the beginning of the battle, ditto's genes are stored in cff1-2. cceb-c are blank. when ditto uses transform, its genes in cff1-2 are copied to cceb-c and its opponent's genes are copied to cff1-2. the programmers overlooked the possibility that ditto's new form may also know transform, so there's no argument for whether or not cceb-c are empty when transform is used. therefore, the second transform still copies ditto's genes from cff1-2 (the same genes as whoever it first transformed to) to cceb-c, which returns to cff1-2 before ditto is transferred to your party (or the computer).

unfortunately, as i stated above, g/s won't let a pokémon transform if the opponent is already transformed. pretty smart, considering g/s moves a transformed pokémon's genes in the same manner, so the trick would probably be possible if a pokémon could transform twice.

------------------

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-15-2001 06:35 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Blegh, remind me never to pick up breeding probabilities from the pokemon forever board. And now for a little side note. I have tested the newly dubbed DV transfer trick with mirror move. The target was the high level spearow on the way to the elite four. I managed to get a decent transform session going, then to my horror the caught spearow had a small defect......... The captured spearow had all of ditto's DVs, but was not a spearow at all. It was, in fact, a ditto. So you can pretty much forget about giving DVs to a non-ditto pokemon for the time being.

------------------

MacPPC
Farting Nudist
Member # 1337

Member Rated:
posted 04-21-2001 07:56 PM      Profile for MacPPC   Email MacPPC   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
K, i dunno if i should post this, but well, people at the gamefaqs.com pokemon forums have found the info about this, and are very , very excited about it.. so excited that they already made a flame war within it, but the thing is that no one has given the credit to the original dvelopers and researcher of this great glitch, the info they got is from Pokemon Forever, but also i think that it should be pointed that incompetent, found this and that should be posted on the forum, i would do it myself, but i don't have an account at there, and i don't fell like creating one.

--MacPPC

------------------
People get lost on their toughts because it's an unexplored territory

From: Xalapa,Veracruz,México | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
JP Nogueira
Farting Nudist
Member # 962

Member Rated:
posted 04-22-2001 10:40 AM      Profile for JP Nogueira   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey people... and if intead of a Shinny Gyarados, we use Mew with Transform?

Would the wild ditto get the mew's stats?

------------------
----======= (o)
JP Noga
Gym Leader from Brazil
"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon.
That is only the selfish perception of people.
Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."

incompetent
Farting Nudist
Member # 1635

posted 04-22-2001 09:18 PM      Profile for incompetent   Author's Homepage   Email incompetent   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If a transforming mew is used, the result would indeed be a ditto with mew's DVs. But, any pokemon with mimic can also transfer their genes to a ditto. The only limitation is that ditto is the only pokemon that genes can be given to.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.